Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295652 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [9/9]
« Reply #510 on: February 22, 2016, 12:09:32 pm »

(( Thanks! I could draw map of this RTD world if I'd have more details about that. Used to draw real maps as projects for forestry classes. They weren't nearly as detailed and contained only most important information, but were much bigger. ))
((Woah that's great ! Your map is really awesome ! I will give you the current landmarks.
Map center : Elon Woods
Center of Elon Woods : "Deep Elon Woods" the Great Lifetree is located there
North : Copper Desert
North-West; West to Copper Desert : Karak Crystal Steppes.
West : Abandoned castle and village.
Further West : wheat fields and some plains, then the village of Doro
Even further West : Fordania
East : Ralao Mountains, called "Evil Mountains" by locals
South : Unnamed Plains as of yet.
Further South : unknown, presumably a wasteland.))

I will draw a rudimentary plan and post it.

edit: fell asleep while writing the turn :x
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 12:35:27 pm by Nakéen »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 22, 2016, 12:24:11 pm »

(( Wasn't Fordania to the west and mountains to east? As Darakion said to Snehk, Fordania is on the west of the forest... ))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 22, 2016, 12:35:11 pm »

((Inverted West and East, damn you brain. Correcting this))

edit: Busy week ! Expect the minimum usual two updates a day.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 02:02:16 pm by Nakéen »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 22, 2016, 04:00:06 pm »

((I assume "last forces" means essence?))

If he's beyond saving, accept his power. If he could feasibly recover, leave him to rest. Either way, waste no time in finding the child.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 22, 2016, 04:16:56 pm »

Depending  on your roll,  you may get more...

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 22, 2016, 04:32:09 pm »

( I seem to get the hardest monsters. I mean, sand golems can just have strikes pass right through them without harm. if they were sandstone, that might be easier, but yeah..)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 22, 2016, 04:50:50 pm »

( I seem to get the hardest monsters. I mean, sand golems can just have strikes pass right through them without harm. if they were sandstone, that might be easier, but yeah..)
((Sure, but they're not massive feckin mana crystal maw-demons. You have it easy m8.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 22, 2016, 05:07:48 pm »

((Sure, but they're not massive feckin mana crystal maw-demons. You have it easy m8.))
(at least yours can be killed. Mine, I don't even know if I can injure them.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 22, 2016, 05:12:52 pm »

(You can hurt him. I'm a golem, and I'm hurt by regular weapons, so it just depends on what his level is. Seems pretty high to me.)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 22, 2016, 05:14:06 pm »

(You can hurt him. I'm a golem, and I'm hurt by regular weapons, so it just depends on what his level is. Seems pretty high to me.)
(You're made of clay, not sand. the difference is that they're basically made of the very stuff around them, and can sink back in and re-emerge unharmed.)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 22, 2016, 05:27:19 pm »

((Psh, all you dweebs have it easy >:v! I've literally been fighting things ever since I got here, including the most evolved player now, apparently :v, and I'm still a ways away from stage 2))
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 22, 2016, 06:00:59 pm »

((The sand golems are killable. They will take damage like any normal creature, but will regenerate insanely fast using the surrounding sand. If a sand part get severed from the main body, it loses its connection.))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 22, 2016, 08:20:46 pm »

Turn 28 :  Robobert, ?, Shiny, Ulkas, Ferratus, Glint, Dahak and Snehk

The full moon is rising in the cloudless sky. The stars are visible and shining brightly.
It is night time.

Snehk the Stalker
Thank you for clearing things up to me. The knowledge you shared to me is invaluable! But if I serve fools, then what should I do besides staying low? Can you give me any other advice?

Continue talking
"Oh ? So you do work for the demons ? Not that I care though."

"If you really want to fiddle with humans then I won't stop you. Here are my two basic and most important advices : keep moving and don't hesitate to hide for a while. The strongest human-killing monsters who live the longest are always the one who follow these basic rules."

He looks at you with a pitiful look.

"You look so weak though. Shouldn't you gather some might before going toward human territory ? Or maybe you have some sort of secret skill you are confident in ? Anyway, try looking somewhere north to my lair. There was once a Sylvarian lifetree there, but it died and got destroyed along with its Sylv Guardian. There is still some lifeforce there, you may be able to find something useful."

You ask some precisions about the "Sylvarian" and the "Lifetree".

"Sylvarians ? They are a people of vegetal humanoids living in the forest. They are nice neighbors, pacific and easy to talk with. I heard they were in conflict with the humans. Sylvarians are deeply connected with lifetrees, massive semi-sentient trees that accumulate and store the mysterious energy known as "essence". They also give birth to Sylvarians, and are guarded by a Sylv Guardian, some kind of powerful monster that personifies the lifetree."

"Though my theory about all this is that Lifetrees are special Sylvarians that transformed into these."
[/glow]

He recapitulates :
"Let me recap. If you mess with humans, firstly keep moving and secondly hide. Basically don't confront them overly directly. If you need some more power, try northward to the ancient Lifetree location. And most of all, good luck. It was nice having a talk buddy."

Ulkas the Lesser Osyluth
"Tsk. I really need to polish my skills... Humans going out of control the moment I start killing them is way too dangerous... Still, it was quite an interesting experiment."

Search the graveyard for objects of interest (skeleton being the first amongst them).

((I see two main methods of gaining permanent pawn - either increasing Mana Regeneration and controlling a being for several turns, or upgrading Control skill. I think I'll take the first one, as it's quite troublesome not having any reliable way of recovering mana.

Also, how do attributes influence the result of the rolls? I'm quite unsure if I should raise INT further as it does not affect willpower rolls of my enemies (their IND was lowered by Corruptor).))
[5] You head to the graveyard and look for the fleeing skeleton. Hidden by the night, you move stealthily.
Suddenly you see the Skeleton speaking with a strange human-like being. It has the figure of a young girl.
They haven't located you at all.

Squishy the Earth Mana Amorphoid
Exit into the surface, but be extremely, extremely careful. I don't want to die the moment I leave my cave.
[2] You head toward the exit with a very slow pace, careful of your surroundings. But the light is too strong and blinding, you can't distinguish what is outside. Still, you exit into the surface.

You suddenly hear alarmed shouting and people running.

When you recover your senses, you notice a full battalion of heavily armored humans are forming a circle around the entrance, raising their shields and spears.

"What is this ?!" shouts one of them with surprise. "This is not a Forar Crystaloid !...Captain, what should we do ?"

"Wait and see. The creature may be surrounded, but we shouldn't be hasty. It may have some dangerous skill. Call the monstrologist immediately !"

You see numerous groups of battlemagi holding their spells, ready to unleash a rain of magical attacks upon you at the signal.

Robobert the Green Sylvan Clay Giant
Continue forward. Dig up the dirt along the way, making a cloud which blurs vision and agitates the eyes.
The clay fruits you threw earlier helped save some Sylvarians, although some died because of it. [1] Sylvarian died because of the stun, but [4] of them survived thanks to your fruits.

[2] You dig up dirt to generate a cloud, but the cloud is so small that it doesn't have much effect.
Magus roll : [3]
Another fireball comes flying at you ! Like before, you block it with your arm, taking some damage.
You lose 3HP

You are now in front of the fire magus.

Ako roll : (-1 because of previous turn)
[4-1] A anti-Sylvarian poisoned arrow strikes Ako in the arm ! The withering begins immediately and begin to spread. Ako detach its arm at the last moment.

General battle rolls :
Sylvarian : 4d6 + 4 [terrain bonus] = 8 + 4 = 12
Human : 5d6 = 21 (-1 d6 because of loss of leader)
=> -1 in each camp and -(8-3=5) in Sylvarian camp (not counting Robobert and Ako battle result -Robobert fruit support included-)
Sylvarian numbers : 11 + Robobert
Human numbers : 18

Ferratus the Corrupted Armor
"Torim, you'll join your friend soon. You'd like some company, wouldn't you, Kyle?"

Use the cover of darkness to conceal my presence. Also, stop glowing. Do not approach the torches and look for the priest. Once I find him, devour him. Unless he's accompanied by Revick, in which case just stab him in the back and leave him for later.
((Don't forget you just drained Kyle lifeforce, you didn't absorb its soul. You have to be worn to absorb a soul))
[1] You sneakily move in the darkness, while carefully avoiding to be found. The village streets are empty, you move toward a building reading "Inn".

Suddenly a bright light shines under you, revealing some kind of circle with weird symbols. It's a magical trap ! Damned priest !
A prismatic barrier suddenly rises and encases you.

You hear alarmed shouting, and the priest Torim and the knight Kyle come out of the inn. The woken up villagers are running panicked toward the fortified chief house.

Dahak the Spooky really Scary Skeleton
Ack! Look dearie, I'd love to stay and get a tutorial on the basics of unlife, my mysterious human life and general tips on fashionable cloak choices, but I have a feeling I should be hiding now, preferably among the many identical tombs around here! Something is after me and I'm in no shape to fight >:v!

Dahak turns to continue his sneaky business, but then he stops for a second. Hey, this is the first non-hostile creature he's run into ever since that clumsy armor sharing knight duo. She could prove useful, or at least serve as a stylish sidekick. Every hero needs a sidekick, after all :v

Actualy, Delinde, I could use some help, specially from someone like you who knows the pluses and maluses of unlife! GET ON MY HORSE

Dahak has no horse, but it seemed appropriate to say that at the time, even if slightly lewd. He then grabs the fairy's hand and starts to drag her along.

Grab the loli vampirefairy thing and ask her about some good places to hide and how the hell are undead supposed to heal, while explaining you're being chased by something. though you're not quite sure what. Aditionaly, find a place to hide among the tombs, maybe even inside of one!ANYWHERE
You grab the lo... Death Fairy named Delinde by the shoulders and hurriedly tell her your situation.

"My ! Did death suddenly made you assertive ?" she chuckles.

[5] ((!)) Then Delinde suddenly turns toward Ulkas direction, and mutters.
"There is a strong force here."

She turns toward Dahak and whispers with a serious voice :
"Dahak. I won't let you die once more after finally meeting you again. I have much to tell to you about yourself. Stay behind me !"

Her voice suddenly morphs and twists, like if a terrible monster was speaking :
"Reveal yourself, whoever you are !"

A white, fog-like cloud appear from the back of the Death Fairy. It gathers next to her, and morph into a strange one-armed and one-legged slender foggy monster taller than a human. It is holding what look like a white scythe made of the same white fog.

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Hero
he would quickly strike at the golem's chest before backing up, not letting his eyes off the seemingly formless creatures striking at him and his kin.
"Ambush! Fall back to the main group, quickly!"
[4] You don't waste time and swiftly strike at the golem with your claw ((do you have claws ?)) ! A big piece of sand is torn apart, revealing a core in the golem's torso. The golem slides backward to put some distance and hurriedly gather sand to heal its wound.

You shouts the order mentally, letting it travels through the Hive mind. Your fellow scouts get the order and begin to fall back.

Aradian numbers : 4
Sand golems numbers : 6 with more appearing at each minute

General battle rolls :
Aradians (fleeing) : [1, 3, 4, 5]

One scout get surprised by a Golem and is dragged under the sand. You hear his terrified scream. The three others manage to get out of harm way, but they are still pursued.

Glint the Unstable Elemental Calcivore

If he's beyond saving, accept his power. If he could feasibly recover, leave him to rest. Either way, waste no time in finding the child.
You ask him again if he is really sure of his decision.

"You...are a strange monster." he says with his weakening tone. "Caring about my well-being ? We don't see that often in the harsh desert... But I'm glad. Really glad to meet such a kind soul before my death."

"There is no time left for me. My injury can't be healed, it's the same as losing your heart."

You nod sorrily. He says :
"Eat my core while it's still pulsating. Tell my son I love him."

Then he rips out his own core, and fall dead instantly. His arm is still extending rigidly toward you. The core is still pulsating, albeit weakly.

You grab it with your teeth, and consume it. A sudden power fills you, it's different from usual. You feel the essence absorbed by your body, but there is something else. Like if you could feel the creature last will seeps into your as you consumed the core.

You gained 2 essences. You can transform.

You immediately rush toward the direction the dead creature indicated. Your body is transforming as you dash.

Monsters :

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 10:13:16 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 22, 2016, 08:22:14 pm »

((is it better with or without spoiler tags ? I'm still unsure what to choose. If no one really knows, I will go with spoiler tags.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 22, 2016, 08:32:45 pm »

(Go with spoiler tags. You can put titles on the individual turns that way.)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 146