Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295859 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak) Monster RTD [9/9]
« Reply #210 on: February 17, 2016, 04:34:01 pm »

"Greetings, Sentinel. With so many years passed, it's amazing you still keep your eternal vigil. But may I inquire you about... What do I need to get a permission to take an item from a Treasury? With people long gone, you're the only one whom I could ask."

Keep still, not moving closer. Retreat, if Sentinel seems hostile.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 17, 2016, 04:41:23 pm »

All of us shall Continue to Attempt to gain access to the Beast's innards through that wound.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 17, 2016, 04:59:51 pm »

MYAHAHAH (ouch), looks like you two buffons owe me anotheeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Dakah victory spiel is suddenly interrupted as a massive stream of golden energy surges into him.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dahak quickly looks over himself, then looks over Ferratus, noticing they've both changed.

Uhhh... Eh? You know what, I'm ok with thiiiiiiiiiii

Dahak's eyesockets flash and he gets a glimpse on his mind, an image of a man in robes standing tall above him. Then it goes away as quickly as it came.

Eh...? Whatever.

Looks like he wanted to get off Mr. Bones Wild Ride...
But the ride...
...NEVER ENDS.

As Dahak says this, he imagines two pair of sunglasses floating down and placing themselves on his four eyesockets.
He then spends a few seconds pondering what the hell sunglasses are.

Grab the long cloak thing the wraith was wearing and wear it yourself, because you're cool as hell and you deserve some extra loot. Also, rip a small piece of cloth from it and make a makeshift scabbard for you new holy implement. It may come in handy against thing you can't spook, but you don't want to accidentaly stab yourself with it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:03:34 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 17, 2016, 05:10:08 pm »

Disappear and look for any weak spots. If there would be easy targets, kill. If all fails then run away.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 17, 2016, 05:14:24 pm »

Thank the guardians, and go explore elsewhere.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 17, 2016, 06:39:54 pm »

Turn 17

Robobert the Beige Clay-Wood Giant
They surround me, so I hold out my hands and spin in a whirlwind of hurt!
[5] You extend your mighty arms and begin spinning faster and faster. So fast actually, that you generate a inward sucking force, like a tornado !
Humans rolls :
[4, 2, 2, 4-1, 4-1, 1] Three of your aggressors stumble and are violently smashed apart by your powerful fists ! One of them takes the full brunt of the impact, and slam into a rock.
The three men on the front manage to protect themselves, but are still violently hit and are projected backward.

Arbos roll :
[3]"I will help you !" shouts Arbos, who left his tree.
Roots suddenly grab the three men that just fell.

Ferratus the Corrupted Armor
Transformation Success Roll : [1]
You lie on the ground, filled with the golden energy. Change. Something is changing.
You try to move, but your armor don't answer. You try to speak, but no voice come out of yourself. You don't hear anything, the blue sky suddenly turn to black as a black ichor coming from the abomination remains envelops your body.

It hurts. It's like someone is forcefully injecting burning oil into your veins.
You hear your own voice screaming in the back of your mind. Screaming in pain. This torture seems to last hours.
Suddenly, your vision return, and the sunlight shines upon you. Your voice finally comes out of yourself, in a scream torn in pain.

You gaze at yourself. What is this form ? Your once rusty armor now has the appearance of a black charred armor, like if it was thrown into a volcano and then salvaged. A torn black cape, like a shroud, envelops yourself.
A fleshy growth is covering your breastplate, and a yellow eye that twitch incessantly opens. What have you become ?

You gained +1 INT and +5 HP
You acquired the trait Corrupted Armor, against your will !
You acquired the skill Power for Life, against your will !
You are now a Corrupted Armor

Corrupted Armor : The Corrupted Armor can be willfully or forcefully worn by someone. It will adapt to the size of the wielder, and twist its mind beyond recognition, finally absorbing it in the process.
Power for Life : You can stab your victim with tendrils, forcefully draining their lifeforce and increasing your own power in the process.

? the Aradian Mirage Beetle Lord
Acknowledging the guard, he would listen for any further instructions. With little else he can do to try and start the colony, he would then follow the guard's instructions to try and contact the princess in question.
You follow the Aradian Guard until your reach an abandoned section of the hive. You then enter a small cell, where the princess is waiting. The guard then turns toward you and says the following :
"Many of our kin support you. If you manage to court the princess, our future will be assured. Come to me if you are successful."

You nod, and enter the dimly lighten cell. Before you stand an Aradian Mirage Beetle Princess, and she is rather attractive by Aradian standards. Her chitin patterns are beautiful and graceful, and they have a beautiful silver color. Her body is well proportioned, neither to big nor too thin.

[1] ((Noooo))
As you prepare yourself for the courting, you stumble forward and crash into the princess. She stands back up outraged, and prepares to storm out of the cell ! This is bad, maybe you can salvage the situation ?

Shiny the Earth Mana Shard
Thank the fire-crystal snake, then head back off deeper into the cave. It's murdering time!
You thank Karalion and leave, he bids you farewell and wishes you good luck. Before you leave though, he warns you a bit :
"If you decide to keep going deeper into the caves, you will probably reach an upward passage paved with mana crystals. I would rather you not go here, for your own safety. Further up this passage, there is a vast mine exploited by surface beings. They are individually weak, but will send experimented hunters after any creature that go through their territory. And even then, I heard they are expanding. Be careful."

You take note of his advice, and leave to test your newfound powers.
[1] Deeper into the cavern you go. The underground scenery is fascinating, with even more and bigger elemental crystals than before. There are also mana ones, and even crystals of a color you have never seen before. You wander into a vast multicolored crystal field, awed by such beauty.
But your revery is troubled by a chiseling sound, and a roar. You know what is coming.

An adult Forar Crystaloid emerges. It is different from the young one you killed. This one is bigger of course, but it also has crystal variations along its body.

Ulkas the Quasit
"Greetings, Sentinel. With so many years passed, it's amazing you still keep your eternal vigil. But may I inquire you about... What do I need to get a permission to take an item from a Treasury? With people long gone, you're the only one whom I could ask."

Keep still, not moving closer. Retreat, if Sentinel seems hostile.
The Sentinel gazes at you with his unique glowing eye, very closely.
[2+1]"To take away a treasure from the Vault I am tasked to protect ? Never. As long as I stand strong, no one shall touch the treasury."
The Sentinel poses a moment.
"Wait a minute. You seem to know a lot for a simple thief. Who sent you here ?"

As soon as you mention the name of Dovarus, the Sentinel laughs.
"Interesting ! This untrusting youngster Dovarus, trusted someone ? Really interesting."

The Sentinel thinks, and finally says :
"I think I know why he sent you here. I will have you pass a test then. Convince me you are worthy of the treasury of a King."

Brood Queen J9622-5 the Poisonous Xenotrath Swarm
All of us shall Continue to Attempt to gain access to the Beast's innards through that wound.
[4] The remaining swarm manages to swiftly enter the wounds, and begin ravaging the flesh from the interior. The dragon roars in pain. But the dragon flesh is extremely tough, you have difficulties cutting it.

Dragon roll
[2] The Shegarian try to take you out of its wound, but he can't reach his tail ! He heads toward a lake.

Dahak
MYAHAHAH (ouch), looks like you two buffons owe me anotheeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Spoiler: Talkative Skeleton (click to show/hide)
Transformation Success Roll : [1] ((these streaks.))

Your crazy antics are interrupted by the sudden stream of energy. You begin transforming, and suddenly, you notice the same black ichor enveloping Ferratus at your own feet. You try to move away, but the liquid suddenly expand and surround you.

Sounds of bone cracking. Sounds of murk flowing. You are glad you can't feel pain, yet you still feel something : fear.
Intense fear. It's cold and unfamiliar, like an alien force grabbing your whole body.

You eventually comes back to its senses, changed. You are a bit surprised at first, but you quickly crack a joke and return to your cheerful spooky behavior.

You gained +1 Constitution and +5 HP
You acquired the trait Fear Aura, against your will !
You acquired the skill Feel the Fear, against your will !
You are now a Spooky really Scary Skeleton.

Fear aura : you naturally generate a fear aura, generating fear in the beings around you. You can turn it off, or expand mana to strengthen it.
Feel the Fear : you can convert the fear of your victims into physical pain. Extreme fear will probably cause cardiac arrest.

You grab the wraith cloth and wear it around like a cape. You look great in it, and you know it.
Ripping a small piece of cloth, you make a makeshift scabbard to hold the dagger. You feel safer now.

Snehk the Hidden
Disappear and look for any weak spots. If there would be easy targets, kill. If all fails then run away.
[5] You instantly disappear and the Rock Eater stops instantly, confused. He should still be able to smell you, but he can't determine precisely where you are. You notice a weak spot on the back of its second segment : some sort of air vent, that expels air.
You quickly reach it, and plunge your claws into it and hold firmly ! Blood gushes out in a stream and the Rock Eater flails wildly !
You lose 3 MP

Glint the Unstable Elemental Calcivore
Thank the guardians, and go explore elsewhere.
They wish your good luck, and wave goodbye. "It was a pleasure meeting you, entertaining to say the least. You will always be welcome here."
[1] You leave this place and go exploring the vast wasteland.
Untouched, pristine quartz and rock plains. Radiating beautifully under the sun of noon.
[2] Suddenly you feel a sharp pain in your body ! You look at the afflicted part, and see a strange object. An arrow is lodged in your body !
You lose 2HP
You turn toward the arrow original direction, an you see three mounted humans riding toward you. Hunters.

Monsters :

Spoiler: Ulkas the Quasit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Hidden (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 02:38:18 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 17, 2016, 06:41:23 pm »

((that was sooo long, partially because of the screwed transformation rolls.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 17, 2016, 06:46:16 pm »

Now that my foes are held down by roots, I raise my fists and slam them down hard on each of them, being sure to avoid my friend's roots.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 17, 2016, 06:48:08 pm »

"I am ready."

Test? Certainly easier than surviving one mayadere.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 17, 2016, 06:49:11 pm »

((Currently updating Dahak turn, I forgot to write the cloak and the dagger))

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 17, 2016, 06:51:25 pm »

(:v that was an interesting transformation roll, dont forget to add the +1 con to the stats though :P)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 17, 2016, 06:53:04 pm »

Try to force the earth elemental crystals on the creature's back to explode. That ought to stop it for a while. While it is stunned from that, ping some mana sparks at it.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 17, 2016, 06:54:25 pm »

(:v that was an interesting transformation roll, dont forget to add the +1 con to the stats though :P)
(done ! You had -1 CON, you now have 0)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 17, 2016, 06:55:16 pm »

Well, I should of expected all of this. I was a commoner in fancy Chitin...He would think as he attempts to reconcile with the offended princess.
"Forgive me your highness, this is my first time courting and I was ill prepared for it.. I will do whatever it takes to earn your favor if you will give me a second chance.."

Sounding halfway between hopeless and regretful, he would make his plea to the princess.
(them rolls though.)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 07:03:15 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 17, 2016, 07:01:45 pm »

Well, I should of expected all of this. I was a commoner in fancy Chitin...He would think as he attempts to reconcile with the offended princess.
"Forgive me your highness, this is my first time courting and I was ill prepared for it.. I will do whatever it takes to earn your favor if you will give me a second chance.."

Sounding halfway between hopeless and regretful, I would make my plea to the princess.
(them rolls though.)
((Yeah, looking back on it, there was a lot of 1 this turn.))
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 146