Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295845 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak) Monster RTD [9/9]
« Reply #240 on: February 17, 2016, 09:49:56 pm »

Bite the remaining riders (and their horses) to inject my venom. Then hide under a crystal or something and wait for the results.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 17, 2016, 09:52:20 pm »

((He's a Corrupted Armor after all. I'm trying to make him a rather chilling entity now. He'll be quite different from what I planned Parasite Ferratus to be like personality-wise.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 17, 2016, 09:54:01 pm »

((I honestly can't wait to meet the humans. I want to be friendly friends. For a while at least.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 17, 2016, 09:55:07 pm »

Without further delay, I gather the kin who decided to follow us, and begin to group up at the western hive entrance. Hopefully the princess will arrive and then we will depart.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 17, 2016, 10:13:15 pm »

Rapidly float backwards making high pitched beeps. Keep trying to detonate the crystals on its back. If the monster is not hindered by this and keeps following me, retreat to that red snake dude. He seemed capable enough.
((I'm imagining a rather comical scene with a large crystal thingie floating around beeping like crazy, with a 12-legged giant monster chasing after it))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 17, 2016, 10:17:36 pm »

I crown myself with a crown of thorns...
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 17, 2016, 10:19:34 pm »

((Oh right, I've meaning to ask a thing. If stage 0 is a mook, which stage would be a midboss-tier monster? What stage a boss-tier one would have?))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 17, 2016, 10:32:55 pm »

Rapidly float backwards making high pitched beeps. Keep trying to detonate the crystals on its back. If the monster is not hindered by this and keeps following me, retreat to that red snake dude. He seemed capable enough.
((I'm imagining a rather comical scene with a large crystal thingie floating around beeping like crazy, with a 12-legged giant monster chasing after it))
((Lol. MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEP.))

((The poor thing will probably be confused and think it's chasing an alarm clock/ticking time bomb.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 17, 2016, 11:18:03 pm »

((Oh right, I've meaning to ask a thing. If stage 0 is a mook, which stage would be a midboss-tier monster? What stage a boss-tier one would have?))
((Midboss-tier would be around 5-6 ? The demoness that nearly killed Ulkas was 4 in my sheet.
A big boss would be 10 or beyond. The thing that is currently chasing Shiny is a 5. The dragon is a 6.))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 17, 2016, 11:49:10 pm »

(how about the sarlac and the lizard thing that I fought?)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 17, 2016, 11:58:55 pm »

(how about the sarlac and the lizard thing that I fought?)
(Sarlac was a young one, I gave it a 3 rating. By the way, he died on a fail roll by ingesting something that pierced its stomach, spilling the digestive fluids in the body.
As for the lizard, it was a 2. But he got you pretty hard.)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 18, 2016, 12:04:32 am »

((What LVL was the Amphibian thing that attacked me?
Another question is what LVL was the Steppe Hunter?))
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 18, 2016, 12:12:06 am »

((What LVL was the Amphibian thing that attacked me?
Another question is what LVL was the Steppe Hunter?))
(Amphibian was 0, Steppe was 1)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 18, 2016, 12:17:15 am »

Time for more rules ! I added them in the OP too.

Stage Bonuses :
1-2 : +5/+2 in HP-MP; +1 Attribute; 2 trait/skill
3-4 : +8/+4 in HP-MP; +2 Attributes; 2 trait/skill, can "reroll" 1 trait/skill
5-6 : +12/+7 in HP-MP; +2 Attributes; 3 trait/skill, can "reroll" 1 trait/skill

Essence gained depends on the Stage. For now I'm using a 1 ess/stage system, but I'm probably going to change this. You can get an essence quantity inferior to 1.

As for encounter levels, here's what I have been doing for your encounter rolls (with a lot of personal input of course, I don't strictly follow these "rules). It should give you an idea of the enemy power :
[1] : stage = Yours+3 or more you get attacked
[2] : stage = Yours+1 or more, you get attacked
[3] : stage = Yours or more, you get attacked
[4] : stage = Yours or more you ambush it
[5] : stage = Yours+1 or more you ambush it
[6] : stage = Yours+3 or more you ambush it

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 18, 2016, 01:40:21 am »

Turn 18a

Shiny the Earth Mana Shard
The Crystaloid is too exhausted too move for now, so you easily manage to get out all the while beeping and dinging like crazy.
*insert intense beeping/dinging/whatever sounds*
[4] Thank to the monster exhausted state, you manage to use your Resonance power to make a lot of crystals on its back detonate ! It roars in pain, and begin to move, albeit slowly for now.

You eventually get to Karalion's lair. When he sees you with your body melted and bruised, he quickly understands what happened.
Persuasion roll : [6]
You manage to convince him to help you.
"This is madness. An area-wide elemental beam ? This Crystaloid is clearly an adult, taking it head on would be suicide. We must hide, come, follow me."

He reveals a passage in the back of its lair.

Brood Queen J9622-5 the Poisonous Xenotrath Swarm]
We shall split again.
I shall Consume the tail.
The rest of the swarm will assult the beast through the large hole in it.

[3] You split once more into two swarms. You send one back at the beast, and the other begin consuming the tail.
Dragon roll = [5] (... [5])
The dragon opens its mouth. And breathes.
An intense emerald light engulfs the whole area. From all across the forest, it can be seen.
A high-pitched sound and a powerful bang resonates throughout the forest.

In an instant, the dragon unleashes its Energized Breath, an attack of intense destructive power that levels the whole zone.

Afterward, there was nothing left. Not even a charred trunk, nothing but the carbonized ground.

You lose the remnant of you HP. You are dead.

Ah, look like you died ! Darn, tough luck. You can start anew directly, keeping half of your collected essence. You can even decide where to begin.

Robobert the Beige Clay-Wood Giant
"YOU CHASE MAN-THING! I FIGHT OTHERS!"

I go into my own battle stance, looming over the human with axe and shield. Slowly lumbering my way toward, him, I throw a Clay Ball at him, then charge forward, trampling him
"Okay, I will catch him !"
Arbos the Sylvarian roll : [1] vs [6] ((oh.))
The fleeing human being out of range, Arbos can't grab him with roots. He instead runs toward the human, to try to get in range.
Once in range, he uses his powers to order the roots to catch the human. He skillfully dodge them, and look at Arbos.
He reveals a hidden hand-crossbow, and fires on the Sylvarian. The tiny bolt flies and lodges firmly into its woody skin, not doing much apparent damage.
But Arbos suddenly takes a horrified look, and says :
"Oh dung."

He suddenly falls on the ground, and begins to wither. He can't speak, but his visage is contorted in pain.

[1] vs [2] You charge at the remaining able human, and raise your arm to smash it like the others. But you notice Arbos in intense pain, and get distracted. You miss the human and lose your focus for an instant.
Human roll :
[2+1] "I won't let you touch my comrade you monster !" he shouts, striking at you with his axe.
The steel axe hack your wood and clay in the leg, and you feel your balance weakening.
You lose 3 HP

Ferratus the Corrupted Armor
"I've slain a rather powerful monster and some of its bits got stuck on my breastplate. I'd be grateful if you'd help me in removing this."

Walk towards the boy in a friendly manner. Should he realize my true nature rush him and throw him to the ground. Force myself on him once I have the chance.

"This your new home. Sweet dreams."
[6] "Whoa, incredible sir Knight ! Let me help you out !" says the peasant, impressed.
He stops his cart and jumps off of it. And walks toward you. He suddenly stops and step back.
"Is that a wraith cloth ?! Sorry, I can't touch it ! It's dangerous the priest said ! Don't approach me !"

"Too late fool." you say with a twisted raspy voice.

[5] You rush toward him so fast that he doesn't process what is going on. The cloth that was hiding the eye on your breastplate, unveiling it gazing at the boy. As his face begins to contort in fear, you grab him with your armored hand by the face and violently maintain him to the ground.

The Corrupted Armor opens, revealing the pulsating red light inhabiting it. The armor forces itself on the helpless boy, changing accordingly its size to adapt to the boy size.

"It will be quick" you says. You forget to mention the pain, but it won't help him much.

As the armor totally cover the boy, his mind and soul are totally ripped apart and devoured by the armor, converting it into energy.
He tries to scream, but only a weird gurgle come out of it. The pain as his soul is corrupted to the core and assimilated is an unearthly suffering.

In a matter of seconds, the boy is now dead. Only a lifeless husk.
As of you, you feel great. Sated. It feels like drinking fresh water after months spent in the desert. Refreshing, a true salvation.
You also managed to extract its memories in the process.

Family, friends, acquaintances...you don't care about that. Ah. A kingdom. People, lot of people. Now that is interesting. A village to the west. He was going back to its village after harvesting fruits in the woods ? Useless. You keep searching through these memories. Water. The sea, southward to the village. Another village ? Oh, fishermen. Interesting.

With so much new informations, you wonder where to go. You are already beginning to feel thirsty again...

*ding!* You gained 1 essence ! (moodwhiplash :P)

Glint the Unstable Elemental Calcivore
Bite the remaining riders (and their horses) to inject my venom. Then hide under a crystal or something and wait for the results.
The two hunters quickly get back up despite their wounds, and grab their lances.
"What is this thing ! He got Shin in one shot !" yells one of them.
"Calm down Kai, we can get him with us two."

[5] vs [1] You lunge at the one named "Kai" and he fails to react because of the shock and fear. You savagely bites him in the neck and snap it. A clean cracking sound is heard, and the human drops dead. A swift and clean death.

Human roll : [1] vs [1]
"KAAAI ! You will pay monster !"
The enraged human run at you with the spear pointed at you, but he misjudged the effects of your attack.
His left leg convulses just enough to make him lose balance, and fall helplessly on the ground. He lets go of his spear as he falls.

You take this occasion to finish him, and jump toward him. But suddenly the flying spear fall back on you, stabbing you in the leg !
You lose 4 HP

? the Aradian Mirage Beetle Lord
Without further delay, I gather the kin who decided to follow us, and begin to group up at the western hive entrance. Hopefully the princess will arrive and then we will depart.
You arrive at the Western Entrance. Massive numbers of your kin are here, their chitin shining brightly under the strong desert sun. There are at least fifty of them.
You notice the friendly Guard waving at you with the princess next to him.
"Everybody is here" he states.

"Then, we will depart now" you answer.

What will be your destination ?

Ulkas the Quasit
I crown myself with a crown of thorns...
You take the beautiful crown and marvel at it. Such a beautiful headwear.
[3+2] (Individuality and Evil Soul bonuses)
You put it on top of your head. A sudden beat shakes your whole body. The crown, or rather, the curse of the crown is trying to invade your mind, you can feel it.
"I have known and survived stronger threats in my life ! Don't underestimate the will of a demon !" you shouts in your mind.

You overpower the curse, sending it back deep into the crown.
You open your eyes and look at the Sentinel.
"Are you satisfied ?" you launch at him.

"Amazing. You are indeed a stronger being than the old king. The young Dovarus wasn't mistaken, you are really something."

The Golden Sentinel moves aside and show you the way.

"You can access to the Treasury. Watch out though, there are still strong magical protections in there."

Monsters :

Spoiler: Ulkas the Quasit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Hidden (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 02:41:55 am by Nakéen »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 146