Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Darkest Heresy (DH II PbP) (OOC)  (Read 15845 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Heresy (DH II PbP) (Interest Check)
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2016, 01:24:33 pm »

Hm. I think I'll go with the Mighty Shot talent thing, since ranged combat makes more sense for a Guardsman.

Also, is there any way to get a Finesse aptitude in the future, since the lack of that seems to be a noticeable malus for combat?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 01:26:18 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2016, 01:39:29 pm »

Nope. I think the only exceptions to the "you want an aptitude, start with it" rule are the Inquisitor (Leadership) and Sister of Battle (Willpower) elite advances.

If you want to be shootier you could take Assassin or Desperado, since that doesn't mean your character has to change; the roles' names are more of a guideline than a strict meaning, so an Imperial Guard Assassin can just be a guardsman who's pretty good at shooting/fighting with finesse in melee.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 01:48:03 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2016, 01:50:20 pm »

I think Assassin works, then.

What do "Jaded" and "Leap Up" do?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 02:02:38 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2016, 02:00:48 pm »

Jaded means you don't roll for Fear nor take insanity from mundane horrors (violence, death and xenos), though you still test normally against evil from beyond (CHAOS). Leap up allows you to stand up as a free action instead of a half action. Jaded is the better choice because Leap Up is inexpensively acquired with experience if feel you need it.

Leap Up does have its uses, mind you.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2016, 02:03:09 pm »

And since the character isn't going to really be good at melee anymore, any suggestions on what to replace the sword with, in terms of gear?
Sigtext!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2016, 02:09:56 pm »

A chainsword.

The coward dies a thousand deaths. The faithful dies only once (but in melee).

I don't have the 2E rulebooks, but I've got a buttload of 1E.
What does it cost to be a blank in 2E?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2016, 02:38:09 pm »

@Twin: A sidearm in case you find yourself in melee. Hand cannon if you prefer damage, stub automatic if you want some reasonable damage (one less than the hand cannon), plus semi-auto (suppressing fire!). The autopistol is so underpowered you're better off with a laspistol due to its Variable Setting rule. It's during times like these that I miss the enormous variety of pistols to choose from in DH1e's The Inquisitor's Handbook.

@Gigla: 300xp and your soul.
>Yes?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2016, 02:42:37 pm »

Can I see the stats on those, please?
Sigtext!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2016, 03:06:08 pm »

Not a lot of time and patience to format everything nicely, so here's hoping the copy and pasted version will be enough.
Quote from: Pistols
Laspistol Pistol 30m S/2/– 1d10+2 E 0 30 Half Reliable 1.5kg Common
Autopistol Pistol 30m S/–/6 1d10+2 I 0 18 Full — 1.5kg Average
Hand Cannon Pistol 35m S/–/– 1d10+4 I 2 5 2 Full — 3kg Scarce
Stub Automatic Pistol 30m S/3/– 1d10+3 I 0 9 Full — 1.5kg Average
Stub Revolver Pistol 30m S/–/– 1d10+3 I 0 6 2 Full Reliable 1.5kg Plentiful
Quote from: Las Weapon Variable Setting
The standard las weapon has a variable setting option, allowing it to fire higher-powered bursts. It may be set to overcharge mode, dealing +1 damage, but using two shots worth of ammunition per shot fired. Further, the weapon may be set to overload mode, dealing +2 damage and gaining +2 penetration. In this case, it uses four shots of ammunition per shot fired, loses Reliable, and gains Unreliable.
>Yes?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2016, 03:09:44 pm »

Yeah, it's fine, I can figure out what each stat thingy is myself. Thanks.

Since the sword I'm replacing is Common, I'm going to assume I have to replace it with another common, meaning Laspistol it is.
Sigtext!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2016, 03:12:30 pm »

Not really. Your background lets you choose between a lasgun or laspistol plus sword. Then, on top of that you get your Influence Bonus in extra items of up to Scarce rarity. I'm not sure which one you're trying to replace, but if it's one of your starting acquisitions then you can pick any of the pistols.

Edit: I really needs those rolls. I started with a single idea, which then turned into two, and now I've got about four different character concepts ready to go.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 04:24:12 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2016, 04:30:11 pm »

Oh. Question, do those all fall under low-tech or las? Since those are the weapon types my character has training with.
Sigtext!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2016, 04:36:24 pm »

It depends. Las guns (lasgun, laspistol) fall under Las while Low-tech is for bows, crossbows and muskets (and most melee weapons). Normal slug-throwers like autopistols, stub revolvers, stub automatics and autoguns (stub & auto) fall under Solid Projectile (SP).
>Yes?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2016, 04:38:39 pm »

Then I should probably stick with the laspistol anyway, since my character has no training in Solid Projectile.
Sigtext!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2016, 05:57:01 pm »

Not really. Your background lets you choose between a lasgun or laspistol plus sword. Then, on top of that you get your Influence Bonus in extra items of up to Scarce rarity. I'm not sure which one you're trying to replace, but if it's one of your starting acquisitions then you can pick any of the pistols.

Edit: I really needs those rolls. I started with a single idea, which then turned into two, and now I've got about four different character concepts ready to go.

Still gotta go to school today and I'm not sure when I can roll those. I'll try my best to do it quickly!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18