Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Darkest Heresy (DH II PbP) (OOC)  (Read 15836 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Heresy (DH II PbP) (Interest Check)
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2016, 06:44:46 pm »

Not really. Your background lets you choose between a lasgun or laspistol plus sword. Then, on top of that you get your Influence Bonus in extra items of up to Scarce rarity. I'm not sure which one you're trying to replace, but if it's one of your starting acquisitions then you can pick any of the pistols.

Edit: I really needs those rolls. I started with a single idea, which then turned into two, and now I've got about four different character concepts ready to go.

Still gotta go to school today and I'm not sure when I can roll those. I'll try my best to do it quickly!
Just go to Random.org, roll a 1d10 for Emperor's Blessing, a 1d100 for Divination, and a 1d5 for Wounds.
If I may be so bold, I'll do it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2016, 06:47:43 pm »

You could use invisible castle to show the roll, I'd recommend.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2016, 07:23:47 pm »

The reason I wanted to do the rolls was so that no one needed to use Invisible Castle :p Thanks for helping though!

Here's if you don't wanna use that 1 wound.
Wounds: 5
Divination: 90
Blessing: 4
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2016, 07:35:13 pm »

Spoiler: Divination 90 (click to show/hide)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2016, 11:06:29 pm »

How much XP does the Jaded talent cost?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2016, 08:23:17 am »

You need a Willpower of at least 40 for it. And then it depends on if you have the aptitudes for it, Defense and Willpower. With neither aptitude, 600xp. With one, 300xp. With two, 200xp.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2016, 09:13:09 am »

So, most normal adventuring parties have a trapmonkey, right? Since this is based off of Darkest Dungeon, I figured that I should make a horrormonkey- a guy whose job it is to open eldritch tomes, touch weird artifacts, lead the party through a haunted house, etc. without going insane. Presenting:

Spoiler: Deacon (click to show/hide)
WIP, I'll finish it when I get home today
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2016, 09:57:56 am »

The character creator doesn't have feudal world in it.

Would I be able to get feudal-style plate armour?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2016, 10:03:59 am »

The 1d4chan page linked in the OP has the things for a Feuadal World in it, although I don't know about the plate armor.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2016, 10:38:00 am »

You can; it's Scarce and meshes well with the Feudal World bonus, so you can blow one of your starting acquisitions on it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2016, 11:02:40 am »

I've made some edits to my sheet, for the different aptitudes of the Assassin class and some different skills, and a different Talent. Can someone check to make sure it's alright, in regards to the experience costs adding up?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 11:05:12 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2016, 12:31:09 pm »

Experience is correct, you've spent 800xp so far. Also, what items are you taking as your extra starting ones? I'd advise putting a long-las somewhere.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2016, 12:35:35 pm »

The grenades and the las-pistol. I could probably take the long-las in place of that laspistol.
Sigtext!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2016, 12:47:03 pm »

Or you could pick sword and laspistol instead of the lasgun, and get the long-las with a starting acquisition.

Waiting on Gigla to divulge the role and background of his character so I can choose one of my concepts. So far I get it's a blank feudal worlder in knight armor, so maybe Feudal - Something - Warrior?

And will our Mechanicus Chirurgeon take care of lores or should I go with the Heretek Sage I had in mind?
>Yes?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2016, 12:52:05 pm »

Yeah, warrior seems the best fit.
Not sure of the middle stage, though.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18