Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Darkest Heresy (DH II PbP) (OOC)  (Read 15846 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Heresy (DH II PbP) (Interest Check)
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2016, 01:13:22 pm »

And will our Mechanicus Chirurgeon take care of lores or should I go with the Heretek Sage I had in mind?
I focused 100% on Medicae. I think I've got an effective Medicae skill of 80. I've got some tech ability, but I don't have any lore ability.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2016, 01:37:32 pm »

Edited. Now the starting item is the Laspistol and Sword, and the laspistol I was getting is replaced by a Long Las.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2016, 01:53:23 pm »

How does blankhood actually work? Do I need a high willpower?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2016, 02:10:30 pm »

Since the Inquisitor leans towards Radical I was considering a (mild, non-cackling) Heretek in case the Tech-priest chirurgeon decided to neglect lore. Since we're going into ancient catacombs, having at least FL: Xenos and FL: Archeotech to make Tech-Use tests to discern a device's function easier might be necessary.

Yes, and you can/should purchase special talents to fuck things up more thoroughly. After checking things again, I see you start much weaker than a Untouchable from 1e but can become a walking nightmare for psykers, though it needs a significant experience investment. To make things worse, the Aptitudes for the talents can vary a bit, with the only constant being Willpower.

Bunch of WIPs. Might as well list them and work on the one that fits best/I fancy.
Spoiler: Shrine Navy Assassin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 07:23:48 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2016, 06:50:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I added 60 to the points that were there so i did that right right
Added those skill things right
Telepathy
Okay there i did that what next?

Telepathy powers will usually require at least 40 Fellowship. So, you can either rearrange your points to have 40 in Fel, or choose psychic powers from Biomancy, Telekinesis, or Divination. (Since your characteristics meet more of their prerequisites.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2016, 07:27:48 pm »

How important is having an extra aptitude for WP? I'm thinking of coming from a Garden World for that ability to heal Insanity points.

What stats are important for a Psyker that wants to be a Telekinetist/Telepathist?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2016, 07:29:47 pm »

I'm pretty sure that a Willpower aptitude is used for most Psyker abilities.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2016, 11:09:29 pm »

I know, but what's the difference in power between four attitudes and three? Will some higher level abilities be unavailable to me or something?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2016, 11:40:11 pm »

The darkness holds much worse than mere trickery.

Something I made for the title page!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 17, 2016, 07:32:40 am »

I know, but what's the difference in power between four attitudes and three? Will some higher level abilities be unavailable to me or something?
Not that I know of, aptitudes just dictate how much exp things cost.

@Image:

That is awesome. And hopefully won't happen since the only Guardsman so far is my character, and she's using a Long-Las so being that close probably means everyone else is dead or bleeding out on the ground in front of her.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 08:03:07 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 17, 2016, 11:31:40 am »

Not that I know of, aptitudes just dictate how much exp things cost.

@Image:

That is awesome. And hopefully won't happen since the only Guardsman so far is my character, and she's using a Long-Las so being that close probably means everyone else is dead or bleeding out on the ground in front of her.
How much do aptitudes reduce XP costs by? Is there a table that I can use?

Is there a list of Psychic powers somewhere?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2016, 01:38:28 pm »

How much do aptitudes reduce XP costs by? Is there a table that I can use?
Depends on wether you're buying skills, talents or characteristics.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2016, 02:47:21 pm »

Edit: Nevermind.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2016, 03:12:25 pm »

There are tables in the core rulebook.

Also, chargen might be easier - or at least quicker - if the GM sets up an IRC channel and people get on it. You can get on the darkmyst IRC server via their site - no need for a separate IRC client - so that's a thing to consider.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18