Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33

Author Topic: Aoshi's test thread: Test 2?  (Read 77357 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 1, Part 4: Wild Magic (spot open)
« Reply #375 on: March 15, 2016, 04:07:55 pm »

((Hohoho, I love how Wild Magic is preparing to bite me in the ass really really hard.))
Examine what I burnt. If I stumble upon any living creature along the way, cast a spell to be able to communicate with other living beings.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 12:01:21 am by Nakéen »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 15, 2016, 04:22:59 pm »

Yes.  Was that really not obvious?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 15, 2016, 04:35:59 pm »

It was quite obvious, yes. My opinion about it isn't very high.  >:(
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 15, 2016, 05:33:49 pm »

I Act Like I'm Doing some sort of holy rite over Dustan while I pocket his Set of Dice.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 15, 2016, 06:10:53 pm »

Join.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 15, 2016, 06:26:59 pm »

Magic up a map of the surrounding area.

((I look forward to seeing what that 6 does with this.))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 16, 2016, 12:02:20 am »

((You will get a 4D map of the area that will make your head implode because of the sheer alienness ?))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test 1, Part 4: Wild Magic
« Reply #382 on: March 16, 2016, 04:44:17 am »

((Hohoho, I love how Wild Magic is preparing to bite me in the ass really really hard.))
Examine what I burnt. If I stumble upon any living creature along the way, cast a spell to be able to communicate with other living beings.
[3] Taking care to keep healthy distance to the burning tree you try to find the possibly dangerous dead thing. It has not fallen on ground so it must be still up there. After careful peering and crying for staring into bright fire you finally spot something lodged between two branches. It's not large, perhaps a bit larger than your two fists together. You can't tell what it was when it was still alive.

For your information, all further attempts to get rid of the charm results automatic failure, so it's time to find new toy.

I Act Like I'm Doing some sort of holy rite over Dustan while I pocket his Set of Dice.
[4+1] Combining various elements of ancient funeral rites you accidentally learned some time ago, you whip up a very convincing show. Emotion invoking song, elaborate dance, blessing touches... all that actually make peasants to shred few tears. When they are wiping those tears away you get excellent opportunity to lot him. But all you find is a nice copper wristband and pouch of money, which you pocket up. But Dice of Order are suspiciously missing. Either he hid them before his death, which is frankly stupid thing to do, or someone else looted them. Hmm. Anyway, you walk out wiping some crocodile tears out of your eyes and watch as the peasants set his house on fire. It burns fast and furiously, embers floating up to the dark sky like birds flying to freedom.

Join.
Plot successfully executed. It doesn't matter if all other mages escaped (except that one who came to hold funeral rites), you got what you wanted. It was a risky project to rile villagers up against established mages, but success is success, and the Dice of Order are yours. Now you need to do a disappearing act before crazyabe notices you. He no doubt wanted the dice for himself...

Future of your magic seems chaotic as usual, but a bit more inclined to overworking.

6. You get a map. Or rather a pile of maps. Temperature map, population density map, trade route map, elevation map, annual precipitation map, biome map, wealth density map, magical activity map, criminal activity map... All them on continental scale.

Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nakéen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Peasants in the town (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 16, 2016, 05:00:19 am »

Obtain a plan with magic.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 02:15:23 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 16, 2016, 06:27:52 am »

Use magic to give my staff some major improvements. Namely lesser fail chance and greater raw power.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 16, 2016, 11:24:54 am »

I cast "Summon Magic Eye Spys" and head home.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 16, 2016, 01:59:16 pm »

Feeling relieved the "danger" is gone, I create a golem made of rock, wood and vines with magic. I will call him Tec. Once done, keep exploring the ruins, on the lookout for the less worn-out building.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 16, 2016, 03:50:14 pm »

Obtain a plan with magic.
5. Magic thinks you should become a god and create new humanoid species twenty million souls strong. Each and everyone individually. Do that, and magic promises to be very, very nice. Actually, even simply by starting the process it promises to be a little nicer. A little.

Use magic to give my staff some major improvements. Namely lesser fail chance and greater raw power.
5. The staff changes its appearance as the spell works with it. It has now clear top part, an exquisite collection of jewels and other precious stones forming three separate rings. One horizontal, two vertical, all in 90° angle to each other. In center of this collection sits a blue sphere. If you look it closely you can see green and yellow spots on it, and white clouds traversing on its surface. The actual staff part gets golden engravings and number of golden bands. It is positively glowing with magic.

I cast "Summon Magic Eye Spys" and head home.
4. What are these things anyway? Bunch of floating eyeballs? What they do?

[3+1] Your trip to home is pleasantly uneventful.

Feeling relieved the "danger" is gone, I create a golem made of rock, wood and vines with magic. I will call him Tec. Once done, keep exploring the ruins, on the lookout for the less worn-out building.
4. Skeleton of stone, flesh of wood and hair of vines. It's ok for a golem of mixed breed. Not smart by any means, but golems rarely are.

[4] "Building" is a very loose term here. More like piles of square rocks piled in large rectangular shape. Overgrown with moss and old trees. Anna ushers you forward; she would like to sleep on actual bed and this has been rather rough for first night of her life. Birth, proposal, lackluster dinner (but made with love, she's certain of that), attack by war golem and sudden escape to wild forest.
You three wander forward leaving burning three behind until you come across of very new looking wall. Polar opposite of the ruins you have seen so far. Tall, extremely smooth wall which curves outwards, decorated by cool darker lines like in swords made of meteoric iron, but totally different. For starters the wall is not made of iron, but stone.

Spoiler: crazyabe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nakéen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Peasants in the town (click to show/hide)
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 16, 2016, 03:59:05 pm »

Start doing so.  Create a new (female, because why not) human, one skilled in magic.  They should like me.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 04:03:38 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 16, 2016, 04:01:42 pm »

((They are Small Floating Semi-Clear Eyes that I can Now send to Search for something))
I Send my Magic Eye Spys To find out where Dustan's Dice went, While Cooking Dinner.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33