Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230862 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 18
« Reply #2865 on: October 08, 2016, 02:14:47 am »

Triggering it would be a bad idea.  Avoiding triggering it wouod be a good idea.
I WILL TRIGGER THAT SHIT LIKE TRIGGLYPUFF.

I kid.  I'm just triggered by the word "trigger".  It's totally in my role.

What was your role, again?
Shakerag, the raging douchebag
Shakerag?  What a douchenozzle.  He's a total shitshow.
Label from the patriarchy: Fuckin' awesome Town role
Wincon: Shit, mate, just do whatever you want.
Paradox: Exist.

(auto) Title IX:  You are triggered whenever anyone unironically uses the word "trigger".
(auto) Lengthy Suicide: Any posts on Friday night or the weekend are shitposts.  Also, you must be shitfaced in order to post during those times.

Does anybody know what Paradox is? It sounds pretty bad.
I'm guessing we don't get to know?  All I know is that I can super easily cause one.  Which, for realsies, doesn't seem like a terribly good idea.  My money is on there is some anti-town role who wants to cause a paradox to fulfill his/her/its wincon. 

So THAT'S why this round is crazy.
[/quote]
shh bby is ok

Triggering it would be a bad idea.  Avoiding triggering it wouod be a good idea.
ಠ_ಠ

In other news, I'm being dragged out of state on Monday to check out a dead mall.  So don't do anything crazy without me.  I'll be absent on the weekends like usua....

Sunday, 3:00 PM PST
Sunday, 10:00 PM GMT

... welllllll shit.  -_-

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: October 08, 2016, 02:10:11 pm »

Wow, you're sure bringing some fresh ideas to the conversation!!!

The lack of "I feel" implies that you might have some actual information. Care to share it?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: October 08, 2016, 02:27:33 pm »

So...  A too-early morning (after a too late night) and a speckled data connection throughout the day leaves me without much conclusion as to which of y'all to trust. Didn't spot anyone acknowledging my tangential role-nod with one of their own, at least, so I may be wrong about where I fit on.

Summary:
EP knows of Paradox,  Hector knows how it triggers, someone may know how to stop/nullify it. Trust me when I say you probably need to be circumspect in duscussing it.
Fish says he thinks he's at the core of the puzzle and also suggests we don't even try to trigger it (not sure about that, paradoxen being paradoxen, but carefulness is probably good).
Shakerag is apparently going to be not much use, D1.

As a personal comment, N0 worries me.

End of summary...

(Got ninjaed by EP while I was double-checking my thoughts, but no changes deemed necessary.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: October 08, 2016, 02:58:05 pm »

Something is very funny about my role, though, and how Paradox goes off.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: October 08, 2016, 03:31:52 pm »

So, just woke up about an hour ago.  And now I'll be gone all day shopping, cooking, and fighting with my SO. 

Keep up the good work everyone!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: October 08, 2016, 04:20:41 pm »

Shakerag:You cause the paradox?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: October 09, 2016, 03:13:52 am »

Shakerag:You cause the paradox?
Well, I -can- cause one.  Although it sounds like I might not be the only one.  And, as I said before, smart money says some minority of players in this round would like a paradox to occur. 

I don't. 

Hector13 - Knows how it triggers, but not what it does.  Seems like his paradox trigger happens later in the game? 

TBF - Is possibly the "middle piece" to the puzzle.  Claims triggering paradox would be a bad idea.  Something is funny about his role and how paradox goes off.

Starver - Is a rolefishing something or other.  Role possibly has something to do with fishing?  Sounds like he knows something of paradox.  N0 worries him for some reason.

Elephant Parade - Also knows of paradox.  Says it sounds bad.  Is also kind of a sarcastic asshole (my kind of people). 

So, obviously, if my theory of scum = paradox snoggers is true, then they would also know about paradox.  Apparently  since everyone has talked about a personal connection to paradox, that kind of rules out a simple test.  Now, of course, any of you could be lying whores.  Hector13 seems okay.  TBF seems okay.  Starver makes me feel cautious, but Elephant Parade isn't passing the smell test.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: October 09, 2016, 06:26:08 am »

Ah, an anal(ytical) mind after my own heart, unless you're just copying me to be in my good books1.

I won't argue with the points that seem to be accepted by all, and won't deign to try to prove the so far unprovable about me. But I think you have missed or are ignoring the actual point I was making about active paradox prevention, hidden in the statement. As I don't know if I want you to know, I won't press the point.

Also how does that squares with the actual paradox triggering skill. Two sides of the same coin, or different coins?  Tomasque can be sneaky like that.

Nine hours, plus a bunch of change? Anyone think it's not a good idea to just sit tight that long? If the bad thing hasn't happened at N0, then possibly preventing it happening in the day is something to be seriously considered, but I'm all for boring if nobody wants that recourse and wants to get to work before N1.

1 I'm not checking your post history for hints and tips, sounds like others know you already so I'll accept consensus opinion for now.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: October 09, 2016, 12:38:31 pm »

So, obviously, if my theory of scum = paradox snoggers is true, then they would also know about paradox.  Apparently  since everyone has talked about a personal connection to paradox, that kind of rules out a simple test.  Now, of course, any of you could be lying whores.  Hector13 seems okay.  TBF seems okay.  Starver makes me feel cautious, but Elephant Parade isn't passing the smell test.
Woah, what? I'm not quite sure what you're voting me over—you think I'm lying, apparently? I'd appreciate it if you could, y'know, give me something to respond to.

If you want me to go more in-depth on my Paradox connection: I can indirectly cause it, if I use my ability, but it's pretty much out of my control.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: October 09, 2016, 01:05:31 pm »

(Three-sided coin? Hmmm...)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: October 09, 2016, 02:23:37 pm »

(Three-sided coin? Hmmm...)
Quite possibly four-sided.
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: October 09, 2016, 02:54:26 pm »

That actually makes more sense.  The coin is our entire Town, maybe.  I was thinking Rock/Paper/Scissors thing, when I wrote that, with "Stop/Cause/Benefit" or similar as hiearchy, but nothing quite matched what I know I can do.

But another side makes sense (whilst I can't work out how Rock/Paper/Scissors/Lizard/Spock might work, at least), and the fact that I personally get a limited choice makes it so I can't be too flippant in trying to keep it rolling...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: October 09, 2016, 02:59:06 pm »

Woah, what? I'm not quite sure what you're voting me over—you think I'm lying, apparently? I'd appreciate it if you could, y'know, give me something to respond to.

If you want me to go more in-depth on my Paradox connection: I can indirectly cause it, if I use my ability, but it's pretty much out of my control.

That doesn't make sense. "If I use my ability" kinda tells me that, in actuality, you have attest dwarfon a great deal of control.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: October 09, 2016, 03:05:47 pm »

Okay, I'll try to make it clearer: If, after I use my ability, a certain thing happens, a paradox is caused. I cannot cause that thing to happen. Does that make sense?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: October 09, 2016, 03:06:57 pm »

Hector:Would still like to know when the Paradox might occur.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 237