Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230878 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 18
« Reply #2835 on: September 30, 2016, 02:20:27 pm »

Could be the traditional role (usually atop another), but my reading is that it's possibly one-directional. This was mod-engineered, remember, not how it usually happens.
I have contradictory evidence.
That is, to the unidirectional theory.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: September 30, 2016, 02:35:54 pm »

Fair enough, but I'm willing to bet that there's a catch in there.

It doesn't really matter, on my current theory trajectory, as I don't intend to invoke anything surrounding it. Either way (or both!).

Though nobody other than you has answered my original post's questions, which is odd and may lead to suspicions.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: September 30, 2016, 02:48:37 pm »

I think it's reasonable for me to not answer that question.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: September 30, 2016, 03:28:07 pm »

If it means there are three of us (or four, with EP) who even know what I'm talking about, you have no worries from me.

Whichever version it is.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: September 30, 2016, 06:23:59 pm »

Our wincons state that we win if the Evil role is eliminated. Though this very heavily implies that such a role exists, it doesn't explicitly mean as much.

Also, I totally called this D2, though I was working with more information than anyone else.

No Lynch

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: October 03, 2016, 05:54:02 pm »

Round Over - Town Wins!

Votecount
hector13 (0)
FallacyofUrist (0)
TheBiggerFish (0)
Starver (0)
Elephant Parade (0)
No Lynch (4) - Elephant Parade, FallacyofUrist, TheBiggerFish

Not Voting: hector13, Starver

FallacyofUrist gets one victory point.
TheBiggerFish gets one victory point.
Starver gets one victory point.
hector13 gets one victory point.
Elephant Parade gets one victory point.

Spoiler: Player Roles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action Log (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 08:11:12 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: October 03, 2016, 05:59:51 pm »

Huh, I figured that there were two pairs of one-way lovers.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: October 03, 2016, 06:01:56 pm »

And of course, there's an ACTUAL hippy later in the game. Well then.
~~~
GG. Victory for everybody. Though the list of roles is a bit messed up when it comes to Hector.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: October 03, 2016, 06:08:22 pm »

There weren't.  I and hector were a two-way pair.  The formatting is all messed up.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: October 03, 2016, 06:14:01 pm »

There weren't.  I and hector were a two-way pair.  The formatting is all messed up.
No—I meant that I thought that there were two pairs of one-way lovers, and was somewhat surprised when I turned out to be wrong.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: October 03, 2016, 06:14:49 pm »

No—I meant that I thought that there were two pairs of one-way lovers, and was somewhat surprised when I turned out to be wrong.
Ohhhh.
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: October 03, 2016, 06:19:09 pm »

I rather thought it might be a chain, once I was sure that Fish knew what had been revealed to me.  Fish dies if Hector dies, Hector dies if (in one theory) EP dies, (maybe EP was Evil, even, except for the not entirely favourable stance, but relying upon now winning if the Evil role was eliminated), and the objective of the Efil one (either Fallacy, or using Fallacy's reports) was to use his one-shot surefire kill (day or night) to topple the whole lot of us by attacking the one person who would send the rest into freefall...  Like the Driver kill I had in the hitchhiker round.

I had considered a "secret lover" component for myself, but did throw that away away once Fish confirmed knowing about his Heartbreak.

I was somewhat disappointed not to get EP helping untangle things.  Hector I could understand, but I tried to make it not useful to reply to but not informatve without annoying my current knowledge that I obviously wasn't acting upon.  Fallacy didn't say much, but I'd asked an impossible question I realise, so no argument there.

I think Tomasque expected more paranoia.  But my paranoia (and not any wish to win by justvsitting it out, although it did resolve that way) went beyond that. Imagining that my voting could activate a form of Jester whose win would invalidate the rest of our wins... Or (not far from the truth) trigger a domino effect.

(When I first read the revealed roles, my brain 'autocorrected' Hector into the Moonlit slot. Only just realised, after the 4 ninja messages highlit this.)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: October 03, 2016, 06:55:20 pm »

Tomasque's probably upset that Town won, in a round with only Town in it, distracting him so...  ;)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: October 03, 2016, 07:13:49 pm »

I had similar thoughts to Starver, worrying about the Evil role having to find the right domino to topple to get the rest of town.

Obviously having TBF and myself not ever wanting to go after one another would make it a little easier for us, but I wanted an evil role to murder horribly :'(
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: October 03, 2016, 08:13:23 pm »

Ey you put my name in place of hectors 0_o

I coulda understood mine in place of EP's but ???
I used a previous round-end as a template and I forgot to finish the changes  :P

Tomasque's probably upset that Town won, in a round with only Town in it, distracting him so...  ;)
Not gonna lie - I wanted to see bloodshed here.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 237