Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230816 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 18
« Reply #2895 on: October 09, 2016, 04:56:31 pm »

I think too much has been said, actually. But then I should probably shut up about that.
Possibly, but that is contingent upon whether there really is a scumteam and/or third party.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: October 09, 2016, 04:59:35 pm »

Okay, I'll try to make it clearer: If, after I use my ability, a certain thing happens, a paradox is caused. I cannot cause that thing to happen. Does that make sense?
Would this thing happen to do with voting?
I don't want to give even the slightest hint at what causes it, since the Evil role would presumably be able to use that information to, y'know, try to cause it.
Y'see, I find it hard to believe that three folk can somehow cause the paradox to happen, directly or otherwise. Either you or Shakerag is lying. Convince me it's not you.
To be honest, I don't think I can convince you of that; Shakerag has been a very good player so far (it's 2:59, no time to expand)

I will, however, challenge your assumption: is it really that unreasonable for three people to be able to cause paradoxes? Perhaps the Evil role needs X paradoxes to win—or perhaps the high number of Paradox-causing roles is intended to balance out the unlikeliness of any given role causing one.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: October 09, 2016, 05:17:20 pm »

Bonus Round

Night 1

hector13
(0)
Shakerag
(0)
TheBiggerFish
(0)
Starver
(0)
Elephant Parade
(0)
No Lynch
(0) - Shakerag

Not Voting
hector13, TheBiggerFish, Starver, Elephant Parade
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 8
« Reply #2898 on: October 11, 2016, 12:02:25 am »

Bonus Round

Day 2

hector13
(0)
Shakerag
(0)
TheBiggerFish
(0)
Starver
(0)
Elephant Parade
(0)
TheDarkStar
(0)

Wednesday, 10:00 PM PST
Thursday, 5:00 AM GMT
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: October 11, 2016, 12:04:14 am »

What.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: October 11, 2016, 01:51:10 am »

Well hey, this round might not be so hard after all.

I inspected Starver and he came up scum.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: October 11, 2016, 04:47:58 am »

If I weren't convinced that there's something more complex at work, probably to do with N0, I'd be tempted to vote right back at you for that...

Anyone else had something similar N1?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: October 11, 2016, 07:26:49 am »

Oh hey TDS.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: October 11, 2016, 08:36:56 am »

Shakerag:Eh?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: October 11, 2016, 09:32:45 am »

Starver:
If I weren't convinced that there's something more complex at work, probably to do with N0, I'd be tempted to vote right back at you for that...

Which is exactly what I would expect scum to say.  Good deflection.

TBF:
Shakerag:Eh?
Are you going to make posts that have more than one word in them?  Although if that one word is "Starver" and it's in red, then I suppose I wouldn't mind.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: October 11, 2016, 09:41:53 am »

Hi everyone. I'm a player now!

Well hey, this round might not be so hard after all.

I inspected Starver and he came up scum.

Interesting... explain please? Especially you, Starver - it looks like you're trying to ignore Shakerag.

(and ninja'd :/)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: October 11, 2016, 09:45:09 am »

Shakerag:I'm not sure I believe you.
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: October 11, 2016, 10:48:20 am »

As a personal comment, N0 worries me.
(And hello TDS. I was already confused (thanks to everyone, including me, being overcautious) I was hoping to work out where you came in first.)

@Shakerag, you seem quite concerned about votes and seeding various wild theories about the scum. (EP has a few ideas, too, so perhaps it's just newness to the marathon that makes you look odd, compared to the more jaded attitude of us long term inmates.)

What can you claim about me? If just alignment, I expect there to be another Investigator position, on past experience. And I'd expect N1 actions on another to take over, so perhaps a rescan by you/them could clear that up.

Or you're deflecting yourself, perhaps the N0 actor. But no direct evidence for that.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: October 11, 2016, 10:50:46 am »

Oh and, if you'll let me, I think I can save the day. May not be the only one, but I know I ought to be able to.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: October 11, 2016, 11:25:44 am »

Christ in a green hat.  You people are timid.

Alright, fine.  Since I survived D1 and nothing nasty happened N1 (at least to me), then I'll put my chips on the table.

I only didn't fullclaim D1 on the off chance that there was a paradox-loving scum with an NK.

So.  My wincon is for no one to be lynched D1 and for me to be lynched D2.  I cause a paradox if I don't win (very hilarious, Tomasque).

I don't have an inspect, and I have no idea what alignment Starver is.

N0 I got no message, and N1 I gained a night action to remove myself from the game, which apparently doesn't count as "dying".

D1 I used one of my day abilities right before day end which basically caused any current votes to be nullified and those players couldn't vote again for the rest of the day.

Shakerag.  Let's do this.

If I'm correct about everyone being town and this round is us vs. mechanics, there should be no issue with lynching me today.  If someone claims that me being lynched today would result in a paradox, I'm willing to bet they're lying scum who want to cause a paradox. 
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 237