Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231704 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 5
« Reply #435 on: February 25, 2016, 05:30:44 am »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 25, 2016, 06:14:44 am »

Starver needs to offer his opinion on proceedings. Do you think anyone's claim is untrue? If so, why? Does it reveal anything about other players through proces of elimination?
Not that I'm sure that I'm the expert, here, but... ok:
As I read it, Fallacy so far has the best proof of themselves being as they say by the unusual interaction with Hector, and Hector has certainly has a viable proposal.  (The person theoretically bounced-upon, by this art, might know to be true, but I'm not sure that person would be overly willing to confirm, if only because of legitimate paranoia.)

Because I'm (reasonably) sure of the above, I don't think there's any mileage in those two repeating Night 0's actions, as they were.  Hector should have the option of repeating the self-targeting choice, but equally anyone else.  (The problem with 'bounce as protection' is that enemies may be unconcerned with who their malevolent actions target.  It can't even bounce back upon themselves.)  Fallacy (obviously assuming there's opportunity) should equally-but-oppositely try to select someone not selected by Hector, because another 'adjusted' result isn't going to help.  Best to confirm in the morning of D2 that there's not been a clash, and then reveal?

TBF looks like a neutral/1-shot-vigish claim.  If this is correct then there's no point to them (from Town perspective) while-soever unable to target the Evil, and only becomes useful once the Evil is identified.  (Intriguingly sets up TBF/FoU as the perfect pair where you "sacrifice one to give the other time to do his job", without caring too much which way round this is.  Except that I put more store in FoU as genuine than TBF, so there's that distinction.)

Moonlit's suggestion to check TBF is against what I think is best (i.e. suggesting an investigation), and later vote requested by FoU should be rendered totally non-binding.  Which is not to say it might not happen that way, but I don't see a value in targeting any particular individual, especially on request of another.  And we also have a second possible pairing (Moonlit and TBF), one or both of whom might actually be misrepresenting/misunderstanding their skills (Protector of someone vs. somehow 'Targetting' the supposed Evildoer?) and actually are effectively allied Lovers.  Whether or not they know they are.  That's my opinion only, though.  Which leads me onto...

...me!
Starver seems like the best option for a lynch, at this point, so I'll keep my vote where it is. Does Starver have anything to say regarding that? Perhaps someone else I should be wary about?
Nothing that I'd care to say about myself could ever be trusted, naturally but...  I believe that there's a good chance that if I'm around tonight then tomorrow I might well have a more solid argument to suggest a Town win, at least.  It would depend on who else does what else, naturally, so no promises.  It could go to a third night, which would also suit (theoretically) TBF in his chance to give both the neutral and the town a win, or else FoU to get enough new information, likewise.

Based upon prior evil skills (delayed death-sentence, avoidable death-sentence, recruitment and then pure trickery), I'm personally expecting more than a variation on the second round's theme.  I suspect a misfired town/neutral skill.  (I wouldn't want to suggest TBF's one-shot claim was a cover for "Honestly, it wasn't me!  Not intentionally, anyway!" use of a non-1shot skill, of course.)  Evil skills seem to be trending towards the non-violent and more manipulative end of the spectrum, so far, and I wouldn't put it past it being something more like an Evil Cupid, this time round. (Or in a future round... so look out for that!)

If you're genuinely interested in my opinion for today, though, I'd be most inclined to sacrifice TBF (to keep FoU) or TMS (as the least persuasive, to me, whether or not (or knowingly or not!) in a secret 'affair' that would kill A.N.Other).  Not sure yet which I'd plump for, but for your consideration.  Consider my words and we'll see where we go from there.

(I have, of course, now likely been unfriended by at least two people ;)  Their own best choice of voting would be to support my own lynching (if they know they're a pair) or perhaps taking a chance on the the other (if they don't know that to be true)...)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 25, 2016, 06:42:16 am »

I can target anybody, it only WORKS on the Evil role however.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 25, 2016, 07:13:56 am »

Well that's gooooooooooooooooooooooooood?

One wonders why the protector is protecting the neutral role.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 25, 2016, 07:18:16 am »

I mean, from what you've said there's no agency, but it's an interesting game choice.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 25, 2016, 09:19:15 am »

Well it either means Moonlit is Town Weakness or another neutral.

The issue lies in whether or not Moonlit dies if TBF dies, which is probably likely (or at least just leaves the game) which would leave three of us. Kinda sits nicely in my theory that Starver is scum... which oddly doesn't sit well with me.

Anyway, I think I'll put some pressure on TBF. Given the way things stand right now, seems like a good way to get more information into the game. Moonlit doesn't want him to die but also doesn't seem to want to get involved in things, TBF doesn't want to die and has no great need to get involved in things, and FoU still has his vote on me, so a tied vote will get him killed. Everybody's got something to lose with my vote here ('cept Starver, but that's alright just now, still got lots of time in the day)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 25, 2016, 09:20:39 am »

EBWOP

Just to be sure, Tomasque, the day ends today 6pm PST, aye?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 25, 2016, 10:02:43 am »

Heh. Unvote hector13. Assuming the mark is this round's method of scum killing, we've got time to debate, claim, whatnot.
Welp I said that badly. Unvote hector13.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 25, 2016, 10:25:07 am »

Hector: TBF still wants to find scum, though. Just not kill them.

Exactly, why should we stand for that as town?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 25, 2016, 10:28:33 am »

Foolproof plan:
1. I investigate TBF.
2. I report the result.
3. We try lynching the result.
4. If result is scum, we win. If not, TBF's closer to being able to shoot the real scum(or he is the scum).
5. Any objections?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 25, 2016, 12:19:09 pm »

Foolproof plan:
1. I investigate TBF.
2. I report the result.
3. We try lynching the result.
4. If result is scum, we win. If not, TBF's closer to being able to shoot the real scum(or he is the scum).
5. Any objections?

Not quite foolproof, as we need to lynch someone today in order to avoid you being dead.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 25, 2016, 12:51:55 pm »

Not quite foolproof, as we need to lynch someone today in order to avoid you being dead.

Good, someone's actually thinking logically.  I'm promoting you, in my mind, from merely accepted as having the skill you say to almost as proven in positive alignment as I already had down for Fallacy.  There was a possibility that your skill was a devious scum-thing.  And I'm not ruling that out, but your objection pushes that possibility well down the rankings.

(The other main objection that I had was that I still don't think the Fallacy should be saying who will be investigated, in case that's useful to the scum.  A diversion-power, like Hector's, could have been scummily used against Fish to totally mess up the investigation, and in almost any scenario rendered it useless.  Maybe if you accept Hector as non-scum, it's now a good plan, but do consider what else the enemy might have up their sleeve before you go ahead with such a telegraphed action.  I like the idea in principle, but I'd rather you (@FoU) would have kept the idea to yourself, saved yourself by a good argument for someone else and then had something useful to say tomorrow.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 25, 2016, 02:49:12 pm »

You know, wouldn't it be absolutely horrible if hector was the scum and he had the randomization power...

So hector: I've got a plan to guard against this possibility. Once the night comes, I'll use random.org to roll a d2. 1, I inspect you, 2, I inspect TheBiggerFish(or Starver if TheBiggerFish is dead). That way, either way town gains some knowledge, and if you're scum, it's less likely that you'll be able to counter my inspection. How's that sound?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 25, 2016, 03:14:24 pm »

All, I'd rather win than lose, thanks.  If I win, town wins because scum goes poof.  So can we do the plan with a modified step 4 instead where I pyschiatrist the result the next night and then you have a safe lynch because then it's either everyone wins or I can no longer win.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 25, 2016, 03:40:27 pm »

He hasn't yet, I don't think. 
Starver... Why no information?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 237