Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231561 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 5
« Reply #450 on: February 25, 2016, 03:45:30 pm »

All, I'd rather win than lose, thanks.  If I win, town wins because scum goes poof.  So can we do the plan with a modified step 4 instead where I pyschiatrist the result the next night and then you have a safe lynch because then it's either everyone wins or I can no longer win.

Are you absolutely certain that if you win, the town wins with you?

You know, wouldn't it be absolutely horrible if hector was the scum and he had the randomization power...

So hector: I've got a plan to guard against this possibility. Once the night comes, I'll use random.org to roll a d2. 1, I inspect you, 2, I inspect TheBiggerFish(or Starver if TheBiggerFish is dead). That way, either way town gains some knowledge, and if you're scum, it's less likely that you'll be able to counter my inspection. How's that sound?

It would be since it's not a particularly useful skill for an alignment that needs to kill everyone :P on the other hand, wouldn't it be absolutely horrible if you were fakeclaiming scum?

As I said, I'll more 'n likely be targeting myself again, unless everyone rails against it. I shall repeat my biggest issue with your ability is if you investigate me, it doesn't really tell us anything, whether the result is the same or different. If TBF is being honest and he requires the Evil role to win, you'd be better investigating him.

We need to lynch someone if we don't want to lose you anyway. Starver is my choice.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 25, 2016, 03:46:40 pm »

@hector:Yes. I win when I eliminate the Evil role.  That also passes Town wincon.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 25, 2016, 03:47:03 pm »

What do you mean "passes Town wincon"?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 25, 2016, 03:49:36 pm »

I mean, it makes the generic Town 'Scum is eliminated' wincon true.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 25, 2016, 03:52:39 pm »

I mean, it makes the generic Town 'Scum is eliminated' wincon true.

Not necessarily, brah. Neutral means no affiliations. You're neither for nor against town. Same as you're neither for nor against scum.

What does your ability actually do?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 25, 2016, 03:55:38 pm »

It... eliminates the scum?  It's psychiatrist-flavored, but pretty much, it's a vigilante nightkill that presumably won't work on nonscum.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 25, 2016, 03:57:24 pm »

(It's also a oneshot.  But that's not germane to the 'what does it do' discussion.)
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 25, 2016, 04:00:05 pm »

I find myself not really wanting to test if it works like that or not, because it necessitates risking a loss for the town.

Your role is sufficiently different enough for you to not be considered town, despite you allegedly having the same wincon as the town: eliminate the Evil role. Why do you think that is?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 25, 2016, 04:01:43 pm »

No.  My wincon is to eliminate the Evil role in a SPECIFIC WAY.

(Neither do I, because if I miss, I lose.)
Sigtext

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 25, 2016, 04:55:10 pm »

The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 25, 2016, 05:05:23 pm »

He hasn't yet, I don't think. 
Starver... Why no information?
Because scum would use my information against me (I've indicated this already).  And I don't feel like lying about it, even though I could.  I'm giving you a lot of useful deductions, instead, which I really wouldn't if I was trying to destroy Town/let town destroy itself.

I originally had (a shorter version of) the following thought in my last message, but I removed it before posting thinking it was saying things that any other Town would have worked out, but I've actually been out for a meal and come back having reconsidered any worth of my withholding of it...

Basically, to save Fallacy (currently most unlikely to be the scum), there needs to be a Lynch.  I maintain that I'm useful (for a start, everyone's asking me my opinion, but I also have those hopes for positive information tomorrow), but of course that could be your choice.  Your loss if it is, if you don't consider my thoughts on the matter sufficiently objective.

I say Hector's probably true-blue Town.  Hector-as-a-scum could have 'forgotten' that key point (I left it unmentioned, deliberately, to see who would say something about it - I doubted a scum would volunteer the information) and perhaps left Fallacy to die by omission.  I still think Hector's skill could be worthy of scum, but I'm giving it a low chance of it actually being so, based upon current information.

Fish's status is unknown but optimistically considered to be at least not anti-town.  This is the big question we're hoping to answer, of course.  But (we are told) that if Fish dies, Moonlit dies.  Dare we chance two Townies dying, and no Scum, just for the chance that we've killed one innocent Townie and in the process of destroying the Scum?

Barring me (an admitted unknown, from your perspectives, but I've said all that I want to say about that), the only remaining "save Fallacy" candidate for lynching is Moonlit.  If Moonlit dies, what do we lose?  Apparently the protection of someone we're only marginally trusting/considering useful, anyway...  One death now.  (There's other ways to protect TBF.)   Maybe Town (a pity, but no big problem given the lack of ability), maybe Scum (the only person who fully loses out, from what is made public, is TBF... and that's something I don't yet believe fully so I couldn't say that's a certainty).

I say TMS, for practical reasons.  If this doesn't straight-up end the round, and everyone else plays their part wisely during the night, tomorrow might reshape some of the assumptions, and I still hope to be able to prove my worth.

TMS should immediately vote for me, though.  I've nothing to lose from that if everyone else decides (whatever the motive) between us two.  Although I'm willing to change elsewhere, myself, if somebody has something convincing to say.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 25, 2016, 05:15:10 pm »

Right... I don't see why you won't reveal what your role is, given what has been revealed.

I can redirect anybody targeting a particular player, so I might do that with you if what you reveal is true and/or makes sense. And probably is useful. We also have Moonlit claiming a protect action, though he's unlikely to want to use it on anyone other than TBF.

PPE: people need to refer to me as a redirector, not a randomiser. It's randomly chosen where the action ends up, but I specifically have to choose someone who is acted upon (and I'm not notified of success/failure) rather than "hey you, random target for whatever action you chose to perform, bro"

Anyway, Starver needs a direct claim at this point. I think we're <4 hours away from day end?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 25, 2016, 05:15:58 pm »

EBWOP

As things stand, FoU dies.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 25, 2016, 05:17:12 pm »

TMS.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 25, 2016, 05:18:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Might I inquire why, TBF?

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 237