Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230046 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 1
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2016, 06:35:04 pm »

but what made what FoU and TBF said any more likely to have them in the particular roles that you thought they had versus the role you thought I had?
It started with their statements in:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155932.msg6779850#msg6779850
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155932.msg6779977#msg6779977

But I've explained that.  And I got lucky.  There were three basic theories (six, discounting that I knew my own role, and barring any oddness) and the best bet of those then got confirmed so I went with it and caught you out in your attempt at misdirection.

You mentioned after my first post that my silence was damning (to that point) so did that factor into it?
At first, that counted in your favour, actually.  But I've already touched on that, and I don't want to give anyone (including the Mod!) any ideas on how to fool me in future by meta-gaming me.  Or meta-meta-gaming my own meta-gaming.  Or meta-meta-meta...  YGTI... ;)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2016, 06:38:47 pm »

Tomasque: Are the roles likely to have some bastardry themselves? Like insane cops giving the opposite result, paranoid cops giving a guilty result regardless of who they investigate, millers showing up guilty even though they're town and... other things like that?

@Starver, I wouldn't worry too much about your meta. I mean it might count in something like this in which the same 4 people play against each other 21 times but... in the grand scheme it's not that important, beyond people maybe wanting to get an idea of how you normally play.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2016, 06:44:43 pm »

Tomasque: Are the roles likely to have some bastardry themselves? Like insane cops giving the opposite result, paranoid cops giving a guilty result regardless of who they investigate, millers showing up guilty even though they're town and... other things like that?
In due time, hector. Closer than you might think. In due time....
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2016, 06:50:42 pm »

This is good. No more relying on mechanics for arguments :P :))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2016, 06:54:09 pm »

This is good. No more relying on mechanics for arguments :P :))
...depends on which particular expensive bit of my car needs replacing next.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2016, 06:54:36 pm »

Round 2 - Night 0

The city, at night - though ridden with crime and corruption - was beautiful in it's own melancholy way. Far away, from a high window, the silvery sound of piano keys drifted over the streets.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2016, 08:28:56 pm »

Round 2 - Day 1

Through the night, the painfully sweet melody floats far above the filth of the city. As it nears morning, it pauses - as if to contemplate the coming sunrise - then continues, carrying on with the final somber notes as if it had never stopped.

Votecount
hector13 (0)
FallacyofUrist (0)
TheBiggerFish (0)
Starver (0)

Not voting: hector13, FallacyofUrist, TheBiggerFish, Starver

Day ends 8:00 PM Thursday PST
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 09:33:07 pm by Tomasque »
Money!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2016, 08:34:10 pm »

I have great distaste for this lack of NKs immediately off the bat.

Though I s'pose it makes sense because then we'd probably kill the same person every game heh.

Starver, for that awful joke.

Anyone find out anything?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2016, 08:54:03 pm »

I have great distaste for this lack of NKs immediately off the bat.
Our experience of Round 1 is that this is because it was a game balanced with a Night-Zero containing a Night-ScummyButNot(Immediately)Killy action.

Someone may know if that's true for Round 2, too.

Though I s'pose it makes sense because then we'd probably kill the same person every game heh.
I did half expect to wake up dead.  Well, more like a third.

Starver, for that awful joke.
Not gonna OMGUS, it wasn't unexpected.  That particular reasoning was, though... *pbbbbt*

Anyone find out anything?
That I was not noticeably molested?

Nothing of any profit.  That may change when I find I have the keys to someone else's mystery.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2016, 08:57:41 pm »

I'm the neutral and unless one of you can cure strangulation I am not posting further because I do not want to die.

So yes, I found something all too interesting.

Good luck, Town.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2016, 09:01:25 pm »

In that case I'll switch my vote to TBF, as we gain nothing by having a player absent themselves.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2016, 09:14:59 pm »

I am going to post some metagame(as in, across-round information) that may help us decode the bastardy as we progress.
Who wins at the end is based on Victory Points- which a player gets when they win. Or at least I got one when I won last round.
But there's another option when you get a Victory Point- you may forfeit it to gain a mystery prize.
~~~
Starver and TBF likely already know this, but I'm posting it for two reasons: to inform hector of it, as he did not get a Victory Point(to my knowledge), and because I'm sparing the others the effort of posting it. Plus this:
I'm the neutral and unless one of you can cure strangulation I am not posting further because I do not want to die.
I'm going to go on a hunch here... TBF has gained a post restriction of some sort. One he thinks might kill him. Or he's scum using that as an excuse to avoid posting.
TBF, if you're scum, I'd like you to note that gambit won't really work well in the long run.
~~~
So yes, I found something all too interesting.
I would love for you to tell us this. Pity about that "post restriction", if it exists. Actually, this is a reason for me to vote you, TheBiggerFish, because if you were really town under a post restriction, you would have just gone off and told us. At MYLO, hidden information is just going to hinder the town. Unless said "post restriction" restricts the size of your posts. IN WHICH CASE, you probably still could have told us it in shorthand or such.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2016, 09:27:53 pm »

Appreciate the info re: victory points. I don't feel left out at all :'(

However, why the leap to concluding TBF isn't posting as a result of a post restriction? Might just erroneously think he won't get attention because of it.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2016, 09:50:28 pm »

Noted the combined voting for TBF, but not yet inclined to join in with your duet.  It's late, again, so I'm off to take some rest.  You need to take the time to come up with a good reason for me to treble the vote; or else think of other arguments that you can better sustain.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2016, 10:20:01 pm »

My vote is because he's basically telling us he's not playing.

It could be as FoU said, he has something that activates on a certain number of posts or whatever, or he could be scum trying to excuse a lot of silence. Could be just trying to avoid drawing attention to himself, though that seems unlikely since he has announced it.

Either way, it's not helpful for us since we can't get a read on him. He has claimed neutral though, which - if true - would mean that one of you is the scum... but I'm not ready to believe him yet.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 237