Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230024 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 1
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2016, 11:09:10 pm »

However, why the leap to concluding TBF isn't posting as a result of a post restriction? Might just erroneously think he won't get attention because of it.
Note the bolded bits in my previous post.
So now we have a dilemma. If TBF doesn't post, it's going to be much harder to tell if he's guilty or not. If he doesn't post, he could be town trying to avoid death by post restriction. But he could also be scum hiding under a "post restriction". Issue, yes? We're going to have to determine whether or not he's telling the truth based on our own claims/analysis/whatnot.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2016, 11:19:03 pm »

I did note the bolded bits. I just find it odd that your immediate response is "TBF has a post restriction", since I don't think it's really the first thing that would pop into your head.

The fact you also alluded to it possibly being the mystery prize I want the option  :'(. Could it be that you are the Evil role trying to hide your kill method behind the mysteries of a bastard game?

TBF needs to talk more. Even if you die because of it, at least you're being useful. What did you find that was all too interesting?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 2
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2016, 01:09:18 am »

((More of an aside for Tomasque: I think it would be a good idea to put links to the first post in each game in the OP, partly for any of us who wants to know when a day ends without having to ask, and also for posterity later on when we've got millions and millions most of the games out of the way, so we can relive our horrible failures successes again))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2016, 09:30:17 am »

I did note the bolded bits. I just find it odd that your immediate response is "TBF has a post restriction", since I don't think it's really the first thing that would pop into your head.
Well, it made the most sense to me. Assuming he's town, what else could it be? But of course, if he's mafia, he's still likely faking.
And we can't tell which one he is easily unless he posts. If he's town, we want him to avoid posting to avoid violating the post restriction. Assuming I'm right about that(I suppose we can't know for sure unless he tells us). If he's scum, we want him to post to explain himself so we can figure out he's scum and lynch him.

Seems like a Catch-22 variant.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2016, 10:15:45 am »

Let us not concentrate too much on the unknowns.  I'd happily learn more about the knowns.  With more knowns, we (those who are not already in a conspiracy of one) can perhaps work out whether that silence from the Fish is externally applied (from either Evil or non-Evil source...) or a personal choice of gambit.

The chances are that at least one of you did something last night, even if it was a mafia-action that you'll now have to lie about or else spin in a different light to look good.  That I don't say that you definitely had actions should tell you something about me, but I need to feel better about where I stand before I tell more.

I of course flat-out deny that I'm the Evil one, as I expect everyone to.  Thus consider doing as I've thought of doing, and couching what you say in flavour terms. Perhaps you think there's a connection to some role you can trust, even if you don't know the person it is?  Inaction in the last game would have resulted in more drenchings (both types fatal to me, it seems!), and maybe I could have made those hints good enough for Fish to pick up on.  I just hope it isn't Fish again that's the same partner.

I think you'll agree that this is necessary, in this scale of game.  I can just sit here and play all day and all night, if necessary but it's useless if none of us know the score.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2016, 10:35:18 am »

That's something of a dusty theory FoU.

We want him to post irrespective of any post restriction because it will narrow the field of potential suspects because he either a) dies or b) he offers his opinion on who the suspect is and what's going on. He's already made a claim, and no one has countered that, so yeah.

As el presidente would say: seems legit.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2016, 09:16:14 pm »

Humph. True enough. If he has a post restriction that will kill him, so what? There will still be 3 players left. We'll lose our no lynch option, but were we planning on using that?

So TBF, talk. For our sakes. We want to know what you found out.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2016, 09:37:04 pm »

I'd like to know what Starver thinks about your theory behind why TBF has taken a vow of silence, just so I can know if someone else thinks you're playing us like a bloody instrument.

I'm also curious why you mention a no-lynch, and why you think it's an option.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2016, 09:58:02 pm »

I'd like to know what Starver thinks about your theory behind why TBF has taken a vow of silence
I don't really want to give an answer to anybody who is seeking one.  That person could be TBF, now in too deep to break cover, or it could be someone else who benefits from TBF's inability to argue.  Either way I don't want the person concerned saying "That's it! That's the reason! I'm so glad you guessed it!"...

I'm also curious why you [FoU] mention a no-lynch, and why you think it's an option.
Easy enough to guess this.  Because of the strange nature of the game-powers (e.g. your "prep-to-kill" night-action, last game), I'm not sure the mathematics of LYLO/etc work exactly the same, but Fallacy's comments will be based on one or other interpretation of the likely game progression.  Perhaps with some subset of privileged info behind that.  (Whether that's then honest and truthful or weasel-worded towards evil intent, I couldn't say.  I've not got the hang of this round, yet.  I'm back to clueless, like usual.  I've probably overlooked something.  Or binned a genuine but tenuous clue by accident?)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2016, 10:09:58 pm »

Alright. I shall be more specific.

Do you think FoU's proclamation that TBF's silence is down to a post restriction is a reasonable (as in one of the first things you'd think of) conclusion to draw?

If you're stuck for clues, might as well go back and read the posts. It's significantly easier to do in a game like this than a game with 15 people with 3 full game days of content heh.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2016, 06:51:52 pm »

Suppose a 4-person mafia game, it's MYLO and there's a standard mafioso with 3 townies. If the players no lynch, the mafioso can kill someone, but it won't end the game, and it'll be more time and clues for town to use to lynch the mafioso.
Plus there's a chance TBF won't die from his "post restriction" if a new day starts... maybe.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2016, 06:54:17 pm »

Suppose a 4-person mafia game, it's MYLO and there's a standard mafioso with 3 townies. If the players no lynch, the mafioso can kill someone, but it won't end the game, and it'll be more time and clues for town to use to lynch the mafioso.
Plus there's a chance TBF won't die from his "post restriction" if a new day starts... maybe.

What makes you think there'll be more clues after a no-lynch?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2016, 07:08:21 pm »

Just a reminder that there are only 4 hours left until the end of the day. Jeez, the days go by so fast...
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2016, 07:15:20 pm »

*sigh* fine.

That was hopefully leading somewhere, but given lack of time and perhaps my inability to post later, a no-lynch at this point would be stupid. Thus, considering he pointed out the potential post restriction before and has brought up a no-lynch, I think FoU's the scum.

Given what we know so far - we've had no NKs, and at least in my tenure I was unable to directly kill someone during the night phase - the scum is only going to benefit by a no-lynch. There won't be a role flip, so we can't narrow things down at that point, and we have to rely on the honesty of our fellow players for night actions (and results, perhaps) which is super unreliable given we know at least one of them is inclined to fib.

We need to lynch someone: FoU.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2016, 07:19:10 pm »

For your information, you were already voting me.
I imagine there will be more clues after a no lynch because of the following night actions and the many posts analyzable using new context from the previous day...

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 237