Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230027 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 2
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2016, 07:24:46 pm »

For your information, you were already voting me.
I imagine there will be more clues after a no lynch because of the following night actions and the many posts analyzable using new context from the previous day...

I know. I was confirming it. Also I like drama; it was a good way to end the sentence/post with some bite :P

Where is this "new context" coming from? As I said, there's no flip and we can't necessarily accept what anyone says as true/honest.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2016, 07:30:00 pm »

Mutually exclusiveness. If two claims contradict... boom. One of the contradictors is hiding something.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2016, 07:40:51 pm »

Mutually exclusiveness. If two claims contradict... boom. One of the contradictors is hiding something.

This would work without a no-lynch, too. Where does the new context come from specifically regarding a no-lynch?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2016, 07:44:46 pm »

Who wanted a no lynch... and who opposed it, for instance the scum who want the game to go faster...

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2016, 08:01:33 pm »

Or the scum who wants the rest of the town to remain in the dark, though I can appreciate your not-so-subtle deflection.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2016, 08:47:10 pm »

For the sake of finding something useful to do, before day end, I'll vote Starver.

Because that's the only action I can make that doesn't feel like we're going round in circles...

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2016, 08:48:49 pm »

(Sorry, I apparently didn't end-bold, properly.  Only the vote was supposed to be bolded, but I missed the /-bit of the close tag.  That last bit wasn't supposed to be a shout.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2016, 08:49:27 pm »

... Starver. Town never vote themselves.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2016, 08:53:37 pm »

a) Unless they're frustrated,
b) Unless they benefit themselves (and therefore the town) by it,
c) Unless they benefit the town (and therefore themselves) by it,
d) Unless they have to, or suffer a penalty,
e) ...maybe something I can't tell you.

One or more of the above may apply, but it's so nice that you've grabbed so quickly onto the opportunity to assume the worse.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2016, 08:56:58 pm »

No, I don't know if you're a jester. I'm willing to risk it, however.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2016, 09:06:41 pm »

Just vote FoU, Starver. It's better than you dying, presumably. Play to win etc. etc.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 04, 2016, 09:35:52 pm »

As nothing definitively useful has happened today, from my perspective, I actually want to see what happens tonight, without reducing the options unduly.

Given the other vote for me and yours for FoU, voting Hector is the better option, and we'll see if there's any mess to sort out in the morning.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2016, 09:47:35 pm »

Um... so basically, you're forcing a no lynch.
I... don't have much of a problem with that. An additional night will give us more time to act.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2016, 09:54:28 pm »

Starver

It's you or FoU. Unless TBF is being spectacular. I think it's FoU, but option 2 is acceptable too.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2016, 10:23:48 pm »

Well, I didn't expect that.  I was ready to clinch the evidence against FoU at the expense of my own sanity and go with that vote with surity.  The balance is still in that direction, but you definitely made it less certain so I might as well put that card on the table right now.

(I still want to know what happens to me tonight, but perhaps we'll never find out.)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 237