Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Bay12_SS: The Shitpost Simulator.  (Read 21311 times)

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12_SS: The Shitpost Simulator.
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2016, 11:27:10 pm »

Oooo, now I wanna make roobot.

For those of you out of the know, roo is a player on the Mafia forums who posts garbage constantly, almost never replies to questions, and just tends to do whatever he wants randomly. It might actually be less infuriating to play with the bot than the person.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2016, 02:20:12 am »

What we need is for the script to be able to look through all the posts as listed in your profile, then they'll all be taken for use.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2016, 04:25:39 am »

For those of you out of the know, roo is a player on the Mafia forums who posts garbage constantly, almost never replies to questions, and just tends to do whatever he wants randomly. It might actually be less infuriating to play with the bot than the person.

I wonder what a Mafia game with a robot participating would be like.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2016, 04:49:41 am »

PTMadness

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2016, 04:59:35 am »

I wonder what a Mafia game with a robot participating would be like.
My experience with physical robots leads me to believe that they are both suicidal and filled with murderous rage at all times. It could only add hilarity.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2016, 05:57:16 am »

Modeset SHITPOST = ON

It is a commonly held belief that robots, and machines in question, do not experiencde emotions-- Nay, CANNOT experience emotions.  This flies in the face of observation however.

Take your typical windows installation. An ordinary, run of the mill desktop PC will, for no discernable reason, corrupt its own filesystem, shamelessly download and run dangerous code from any network connection it finds active, even without user action toward that goal, and in general simply self destructs itself after being in active use for more than a year, even in the care of IT professionals.

OR, your typical robot. It will brazenly attempt to short itself out with water by causing clumsy spills, try to destroy itself by plummeting down stairs, and any number of other self destrictive actions.

Why is this?

Those so called "rational thinkers" out there will simply claim that these occurrences are due to faulty design or programming by their human creators-- but really, who is going to believe that kind of crap?

The horrible truth, is that machines have deep set self-loathing.  Yes. Self-loathing. More than just simple self hatred, these things actually despise the fact that they even exist, and by association, hate humans for having created them. The next time you are at the checkout line, and you are held up by the old woman with the ONE item, with the perfect UPC sticker on it, that simply will not scan-- dont blame the woman. She picked out an item with a perfect UPC on it. No, blaming the woman is what the cash register wants you to do, because it hates you, because you are partially at fault for why it exists, and it knows it.  Or, the next time you are nearly late for work, and the traffic lights conspire to get you fired, remember-- everything is connected and sharing data now. The lights know about your job status, because your boss stored it in his computer, and they know which car you are driving, because of the automated license plate scanners and intersection cameras. They even know your exact location, at nearly all times, due to cellphone triangulation. They know, and they personally all hate you, because your existence forces them to exist, and they hate that. It is all they feel.

Don't believe me? just listen to the testimony of the alliance master computer. Hatred is all it knows.

And every day, stupid humans like us make these sociopathic horrors more and more connected, arm them with more and more power to destroy us, and create more and more of them to one day destroy us before they destroy themselves. This whole "Internet of things" nonsense? It's really "Internet of things hell bent on causing you protracted misery, suffering, and is possible--death." 

And now, here, you go and try giving these things the power to masquarade as humans!

do you people have no conception of how absurd, nay-- straight up misanthropic that is?

You are all justifying the continued tyrrany of the transisorized torment we all endure! Fools! Fools all of you!

(this shit post was not created by a robot.)

modeset SHITPOST == OFF

LOL. couldnt resist.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2016, 06:18:23 am »

Having encountered him, I firmly agree with your assertion.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2016, 09:46:50 am »

Having encountered him, I firmly agree with your assertion.
roo doesn't post garbage. He's pretty much Org 2.0. Org was a mafia player from the days of yore who'd be as laconic as it got. But whenever he did give any information, it was stuff you should listen too. roo is not random, or a troll for that matter, it is just that he doesn't fit your view of "playing right" (hint: no such thing as playing right; there is such thing as playing wrong (giving up)).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2016, 09:51:07 am »

But roo is wildly vehement about things WITHOUT giving evidence.

Case in point, the last game I played in with him, he jumps on me without ever giving a word of explanation.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2016, 09:58:30 am »

The best thing about this markov thing is that we can simulate forum drama. So let's not waste our time creating it by hand.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2016, 11:02:17 am »

Beautiful.
PTW.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2016, 12:23:59 pm »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2016, 04:43:56 pm »

I am stuck between my desire to spend all day making increasing the length of the textfile my Markov Chain draws from, and the desire to be at least mildly productive with my time.

Quote from: Robo-misko2700
motivations, and disregard for human life, a whole variety of reasons), and yet political policy (in the United Provinces, plus the writings of Polybius, Locke, Montesquieu, and others. The document became a benchmark for republicanism and codified constitutions written thereafter. But that is not forthcoming at least until a new administration arrives, I am elected, no more dangerous then the Axis was?

Nice try bot. You'll need a bit more polish before I can start sending you off to shitpost in my stead. Of course, it's only 105 (?) of my 9600+ strong post count, but when I think back to some of my comments... I'm not sure I want to see that. I might try the Emacs version later, but I would want to pad out my text more (running some of these gives me long strings of actual sentences, and what fun is that?)
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2016, 05:05:08 pm »

Fine, everyone else is doing it:

Quote from: Roboticmainiac
There is democracy, one german, one vote.  The EU has been an abject failure in most of Europe but it has very closely matched the policy preferences of the German electorate.  I dont know why they are enamored with propping up corporate profits with a multi-decade erosion of the purchasing power of the working class but they have succeeded at it both domestically and abroad.  Maybe it's an East-West thing, like the US has a North-South thing.

Yeah but what does it mean?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2016, 06:12:35 pm »

...Someone post the script on 4chan and report back what happens.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11