Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Bay12_SS: The Shitpost Simulator.  (Read 21307 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12_SS: The Shitpost Simulator.
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2016, 06:49:15 pm »

But roo is wildly vehement about things WITHOUT giving evidence.

Case in point, the last game I played in with him, he jumps on me without ever giving a word of explanation.

It's been a long time since I last Mafia'd, but that's a viable way to play. Not nice or elegant, but randomly applying pressure to see if something gives is valid--and Mafia's many things, but it ain't nice.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2016, 06:49:40 pm »

It definitely gets better with more text.

Quote from: BourbonGiraffe
The mod I was really hoping for a game to deliberately put in an area like that which is so clearly bullshit, and force you to either try something creative or get good. Nothing gets me to sleep after a tough day like a weird thing to have gotten running on their machine with little fuss. The mod I was thinking of is New Horizons from piratesahoy.net. The simplistic solution I went with to avoid a freakout when she takes the mask off and proclaims the Earth a colony of Pluto. Drunken new years hooligans are on the field of battle.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2016, 06:58:06 pm »

But roo is wildly vehement about things WITHOUT giving evidence.

Case in point, the last game I played in with him, he jumps on me without ever giving a word of explanation.

It's been a long time since I last Mafia'd, but that's a viable way to play. Not nice or elegant, but randomly applying pressure to see if something gives is valid--and Mafia's many things, but it ain't nice.
That's... not quite it. I agree that Roo has some surprisingly good intuition, but he tends to just make assertations and tell people they should agree with him and that if they don't they're objectively wrong.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2016, 07:06:21 pm »

I am so sorry I brought this up, let's not clutter the thread with it.

In other news, the B12 scraper is progressing interestingly. I have a feeling this is gonna be really entertaining.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2016, 07:08:48 pm »

Fine, everyone else is doing it:

Quote from: Roboticmainiac
There is democracy, one german, one vote.  The EU has been an abject failure in most of Europe but it has very closely matched the policy preferences of the German electorate.  I dont know why they are enamored with propping up corporate profits with a multi-decade erosion of the purchasing power of the working class but they have succeeded at it both domestically and abroad.  Maybe it's an East-West thing, like the US has a North-South thing.

Yeah but what does it mean?
Wait, that was coherent.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2016, 07:40:09 pm »

Quote from: BourbonGiraffe talks politics
-everyone have him as their avatar, and my only regret is that he spoke English. Sucks for the 21st century, it's gonna be great. On the blizzard client it directs only to the immigration crisis (which from the article it looks like there isn't any, only indication that the guy in a few weeks. Wouldn't even need to be more severe problems with getting huge and having massive amounts of money. One funny thing I've tried that I think I get why they'd want to print off a copy, so I took it out. When Sanders and his horde of college-age warriors take to the sacred pretty number of 50 states, I think what's really critical though is some sort of surprise. That's what the lamestream media nukes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2016, 08:45:46 pm »

Almost coherent. I wonder if you slipped one of these posts into an ordinary conversation, would forumites respond to it seriously, quizzically or correctly gauge that the poster must be a drunk robot?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2016, 08:50:53 pm »

Fine, everyone else is doing it:

Quote from: Roboticmainiac
There is democracy, one german, one vote.  The EU has been an abject failure in most of Europe but it has very closely matched the policy preferences of the German electorate.  I dont know why they are enamored with propping up corporate profits with a multi-decade erosion of the purchasing power of the working class but they have succeeded at it both domestically and abroad.  Maybe it's an East-West thing, like the US has a North-South thing.

Yeah but what does it mean?
Wait, that was coherent.

Yeah, that's almost suspiciously coherent. The sentences don't relate to each other very well, but they can still be squared away.

Are you now, or have you ever been a robot?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2016, 08:59:23 pm »

When that B12 scraper is complete, I'm going to find people with really high postcounts. And then I'm going to scrape them and put them in a text file. And then I'm going to laugh at the hilarity of this.

In the mean time, I'm going to use a list of every english word, and still laugh. Just not as much.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2016, 09:00:11 pm »

@chaotic:
*waves*

Send me mine!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2016, 09:07:59 pm »

How many is really high?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2016, 09:18:49 pm »

Anything over about 3 or 4 thousand. If there are other people below that, which I find particularly funny, I'll add those too. Basically, yes. You qualify.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2016, 09:28:20 pm »

Which is almost exactly 1% of the forum, interestingly.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2016, 09:32:21 pm »

Is it really? Alright, so that textfile if being called "The One Percent", and the rest of the forum is going in a file called "The Other 99 Percent." And, of course, there's still going to be one that's the entirity of the forum.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2016, 09:32:59 pm »

Heh.
I don't think you have enough hard-drive space...
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11