Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36

Author Topic: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: GAME OVER, DEUS ASMOTH'S CULT WINS!  (Read 46891 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 3 (7/9)
« Reply #270 on: April 07, 2016, 12:45:42 pm »

Bear in mind this is a bastard game. I imagine that OSG has thought up some unpleasant things to happen if we are mayor-less too long, especially given wincons being no way for someone else to take the mayor's position.

Perhaps someone has a role or ability that forces ballots?

Perhaps there are more candidates?

Also, does anyone have any information on the mysterious arsonist DA is hunting?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 07, 2016, 01:03:04 pm »

I've been considering that, actually. fillipk has been investigated by BHK and Reverie, who both agree that his post was telling the truth. That means that the most likely scenario is that fillipk was telling the truth and they're probably all town. (It's possible that BHK was gambling on fillipk telling the truth. It's also possible that Reverie could be an inspector on a scum team that's aligned against the mayor, possibly looking to elect a candidate of their own?)

This leaves me, NQT, hector and TDS. I know I'm not an arsonist. NQT would need to be pretty brazen to claim that wincon as a serial killer. So we have TDS and hector, as well as the fact that without more information the most reasonable assumption is that myself and NQT aren't looking for the same person. Also of note is that hector reminded us of my criminal, but not NQT's. So at the moment, I'm thinking that TDS is my arsonist and hector is NQT's criminal.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 07, 2016, 01:32:39 pm »

Well NQT hasn't said what type of criminal they're after, whereas you have. Traditional mafia arsonists need to prime their targets before they can kill them, so it's a simpler line of questioning.

If either of the two truth-tellers wish to test the criminal angle then they can test this sentence:

I am not a crook criminal.

I am not a criminal. Without humor this time, just in case some weird shit happens...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 07, 2016, 01:56:59 pm »

Bear in mind this is a bastard game. I imagine that OSG has thought up some unpleasant things to happen if we are mayor-less too long, especially given wincons being no way for someone else to take the mayor's position.

Perhaps someone has a role or ability that forces ballots?

Perhaps there are more candidates?

Also, does anyone have any information on the mysterious arsonist DA is hunting?
No, I don't have info about the arso DA is after but I agree with you that it would be a bad idea to let the mayoral seat stay open for too long.  If you remember the previous mayor stayed in power by voting for himself while everyone else was trying to find Mafia.  Therefore we should vote a non-candidate up for mayor so we know who the mayor is, or we just have to eliminate the candidates today.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 07, 2016, 02:05:28 pm »

There's a pretty obvious problem with that. We don't know who the people who want to be candidates are, and they're obviously not going to tell us. Everyone could vote for themselves today if the no mayor vote doesn't work, or else no one should vote for today. If there are negative consequences we'll deal with them. It's still less risky than electing someone at random.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 07, 2016, 02:25:22 pm »

For your use...
Maybe...
Here it is...

ZombieTracker
AuthorLast Posted: Last Vote:
BlackHeartKabal:3 hours agoReverie
Deus Asmoth:1 hours agoTDS
fillipk:1 hours agoReverie
hector13:1 hours ago
notquitethere:5 hours agoBHK
Reverie:3 hours agoBlackHeartKabal.
TheDarkStar:9 hours agoReverie:
Moderator - origamiscienceguy:16 hours ago

Wow you guys are active.
Just in case, I'd like to note that the Zombie Tracker probably isn't going to track your election votes due to them being in a different color from red.
Also, am I doing something wrong? I'm pretty sure Deus' last post was not 1 hour ago...
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Night 2 (7/9)
« Reply #276 on: April 07, 2016, 02:45:16 pm »

Day 3 Votecount
Fillipk (0)
Deus Asmoth (0)
TheDarkStar (1) Deus Asmoth
Hector13 (0)
Reverie (2): TheDarkStar, BlackHeartKabal,
BlackHeartKabal (1): NotQuiteThere
NotQuiteThere (0)
* Revarie throws her hands up (1): Revarie

Not Voting: Deus Asmoth, Fillipk, Hector13.

Election Nominations:
(none so far)

Not Voting: Fillipk, Deus Asmoth, TheDarkStar, Hector13, Reverie, BlackHeartKabal, NotQuiteThere.

BOLD AND LIMEGREEN PLEASE. can't see regular green very well. At all.

Day 3 will end on Monday at 9:00PM
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 07, 2016, 03:02:49 pm »

What, what?
BHK + TDS, why are you voting for the person who caught the mayor?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 07, 2016, 03:11:12 pm »

What, what?
BHK + TDS, why are you voting for the person who caught the mayor?
Because the game hasn't ended yet and the Polygraph implies they might be why. I unvoted them, anyway.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 07, 2016, 03:36:50 pm »

I would like to note that you still need to use red, preferably bolded red, to unvote.
~~~
Would you like me to handle the election vote counts(other than the one at the end of the day), when the players want it, in this case?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 07, 2016, 03:40:22 pm »

Unvote Reverie

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 07, 2016, 03:41:30 pm »

I would like to note that you still need to use red, preferably bolded red, to unvote.
~~~
Would you like me to handle the election vote counts(other than the one at the end of the day), when the players want it, in this case?
Yes, that would be nice.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 08, 2016, 07:13:15 am »

BHK: Tell me what tipped you off about your power potentially being unreliable yesterday, when you mentioned it might be. From my perspective, it looks like you attacked my claim today with this safety net as your contingency plan. If you were so uncertain, why didn't you factor that in until after it felt convenient to save your hide? You made it sound like some revelation that your polygraph was broken. It feels staged.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 08, 2016, 08:31:05 am »

BHK: Tell me what tipped you off about your power potentially being unreliable yesterday, when you mentioned it might be. From my perspective, it looks like you attacked my claim today with this safety net as your contingency plan. If you were so uncertain, why didn't you factor that in until after it felt convenient to save your hide? You made it sound like some revelation that your polygraph was broken. It feels staged.
It's common sense and I bought up the idea yesterday. It is an old, antique polygraph. Polygraph's aren't 100 percent reliable today, who can speak for an antique? Especially in a explicit bastard game? The other lie detector working in IT and using specifically made software to do so isn't on the same tier as an old polygraph.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 08, 2016, 08:50:50 am »

Except you were drilling that result pretty damn hard for someone who posited that their power may have been faulty. Even in the face of someone who claimed truthteller before you did, and killed the mayor with it, you took your broken polygraph's result as Word of God despite your doubt from the previous day. Did you not even doubt it as you questioned me? What compelled you to even check my truthteller ability? It doesn't click to me.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36