Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36

Author Topic: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: GAME OVER, DEUS ASMOTH'S CULT WINS!  (Read 46813 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 3 (7/9)
« Reply #300 on: April 08, 2016, 12:12:15 pm »

My role flavour is head of the police. Give me a compelling reason why I should claim my ability?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 08, 2016, 12:47:08 pm »

Police chiefs are known to be mayoral candidates.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 08, 2016, 01:45:56 pm »

NQT
Deus Asmoth, reading back things aren't really adding up. What role do you have that would make sense for you to be after an arsonist? I'm the police chief round theses parts. Did an arsonist burn down your family home or something? More damningly, you're voting TDS because he might be an arsonist, but last night he was watching/tracking Reverie. How could he have known Reverie hadn't left her house if he was priming someone? Lucky guess?
He claims that he was watching Reverie. Reverie had already claimed that he didn't leave the house to use his power, so not exactly a lucky guess. What's also suspect is that TDS claims to be a tracker that can see both who the target visited and who visited them, which I don't think I've ever seen a tracker able to do before.

And I'm the fire chief, using the confusion of hunting the mayor to find the source of a series of suspicious fires.

BHK, you think that your power is possibly defective, and can also only target posts from the previous day. All in all, a hell of a lot weaker than Reverie's ability. Do you have anything to even out your powers?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 08, 2016, 02:10:01 pm »

BHK, you think that your power is possibly defective, and can also only target posts from the previous day. All in all, a hell of a lot weaker than Reverie's ability. Do you have anything to even out your powers?
I've state everything but my reason for hating the mayor (extortionate taxes). Nothing to even it out.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Night 2 (7/9)
« Reply #304 on: April 08, 2016, 02:40:07 pm »

Day 3 Votecount
Fillipk (0)
Deus Asmoth (1): NotQuiteThere
TheDarkStar (1): Deus Asmoth
Hector13 (0)
Reverie (1): TheDarkStar.
BlackHeartKabal (1): Revarie
NotQuiteThere (0)

Not Voting: Fillipk, BlackHeartKabal, Hector13.

Election Nominations:
(none so far)

Not Voting: Fillipk, Deus Asmoth, TheDarkStar, Hector13, Reverie, BlackHeartKabal, NotQuiteThere.

Day 3 will end on Monday at 9:00PM
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 08, 2016, 05:10:34 pm »

NQT
Deus Asmoth, reading back things aren't really adding up. What role do you have that would make sense for you to be after an arsonist? I'm the police chief round theses parts. Did an arsonist burn down your family home or something? More damningly, you're voting TDS because he might be an arsonist, but last night he was watching/tracking Reverie. How could he have known Reverie hadn't left her house if he was priming someone? Lucky guess?
He claims that he was watching Reverie. Reverie had already claimed that he didn't leave the house to use his power, so not exactly a lucky guess.

Let me clarify my role: I can see if anyone visits my target or if they visit anyone, but I can't identify their visitors or target. fillipk claimed a role with the same powers. When I watched Reverie, I did not see her leave but I did see someone (who turned out to be fillipk) visit. Afterwards, he claimed that he also saw someone visit, which makes sense because I visited Reverie.

What's also suspect is that TDS claims to be a tracker that can see both who the target visited and who visited them, which I don't think I've ever seen a tracker able to do before.

Are you sure?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 08, 2016, 05:12:56 pm »

Also, unvote because Reverie's explanation makes sense.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Night 2 (7/9)
« Reply #307 on: April 10, 2016, 01:09:19 pm »

Day 3 Votecount
Fillipk (0)
Deus Asmoth (1): NotQuiteThere
TheDarkStar (1): Deus Asmoth
Hector13 (0)
Reverie (0)
BlackHeartKabal (1): Revarie
NotQuiteThere (0)

Not Voting: Fillipk, BlackHeartKabal, TheDarkStar, Hector13.

Election Nominations:
(none so far)

Not Voting: Fillipk, Deus Asmoth, TheDarkStar, Hector13, Reverie, BlackHeartKabal, NotQuiteThere.

Day 3 will end on Monday at 9:00PM about 33 hours from now.

...Anybody home?...
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 10, 2016, 09:51:19 pm »

My role flavour is head of the police. Give me a compelling reason why I should claim my ability?
I just thought you would like to join the other 4 claimed people, in fact this extends not just to you but to Deus and Hector too.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 10, 2016, 10:03:23 pm »

Deus claimed fire chief already.

I get the difficult to accept title of Vanilla Townsperson.

I think OSG has it in for me seeing as I think he's scum all the time... /probably joking
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 11, 2016, 11:43:31 am »

Hector, what's your role flavour? It seems unlikely that there'd just be a vanilla townie with no other name in the game considering that everyone else seems to have a role name and ability.

And I think we're going to have to decide what to do about this election. There are almost certainly more candidates around here and voting for no mayor doesn't seem to work. The options I'm seeing are either everyone voting for themselves or else picking two or three people and putting three or two votes on them (and one person voting for another person). Obviously they all kind of fall apart if a candidate has a partner to vote for them at the end of the day, but I don't see much we can do about that at the moment.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 11, 2016, 11:59:43 am »

I'm still pretty sceptical that BlackHeartKabal's power is useless and there's nothing more to it. He clearly had an idea that his power might have been broken on D1 with nothing to spur such suspicion that I know of. And sure enough, he fell back on that today. It's nothing concrete, obviously, but I think I'll hold my decision to check him tonight.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 11, 2016, 12:31:12 pm »

Yeah I'm not buying 'vanilla town' from Hector. There's only so many players in the game that can be a crook, it's looking increasingly likely you're the one.

But most of all, Fillipk, TheDarkStar, Hector13, Reverie, BlackHeartKabal, are you all buying the DA genuinely believes that TDS is an arsonist still? This is TDS's rejoinder:

Let me clarify my role: I can see if anyone visits my target or if they visit anyone, but I can't identify their visitors or target. fillipk claimed a role with the same powers. When I watched Reverie, I did not see her leave but I did see someone (who turned out to be fillipk) visit. Afterwards, he claimed that he also saw someone visit, which makes sense because I visited Reverie.

Hector may or may not be lying, but I know DA isn't being straight with us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 11, 2016, 12:34:55 pm »

Hector, what's your role flavour? It seems unlikely that there'd just be a vanilla townie with no other name in the game considering that everyone else seems to have a role name and ability.

It does, but that doesn't make it impossible.

I also don't like referring to my PM partly for the lack of things I can paraphrase, but also it feels like PM quoting. Don't kill meh!

I don't like the mayor 'cause taxes, I'm not the only one that thinks this, I want the mayor to go away, terminally.

As for mayor nominations, I'd quite like to not have DA and NQT as candidates. ATH claimed chief physician and something about candidacy, while NQT and DA have claimed police chief and fire chief respectively. They have also claimed slightly different wincons from the rest of town.

[thinking out loud] Anyhow, we've had two pairs of people (who also all claimed my wincon...) claim the same role; Rev and BHK with truth-teller (or in BHK's case, a broken variety) and TDS and fillipk with tracker/watcher nonsense, which with the watcher only identifies that someone visited, not who it was. Could we then assume that one of TDS' and fillipk's roles is defective in some way? That requires the assumption that BHK is being honest about their role. [/tol]

There still appears to be a puzzle to figure out here. could we have two different town factions, balanced the same..? But then how does my role fit into this?

I'm not liking BHK right now, but I'm not sure if lynching is the best choice at the moment. We have no mayor, nobody is in line to replace them, and we haven't had any NKs so far.

DA is also rubbing me the wrong way. It makes sense for there to be a fire chief... but it's not outside the realm of possibility for a fire chief to start fires to keep their job.

Referendum on Removing Mayoral Elections!

Election count request

PPE:
Yeah I'm not buying 'vanilla town' from Hector. There's only so many players in the game that can be a crook, it's looking increasingly likely you're the one.

Don't rightly care. We have truth-tellers, they can check it should they so desire.

Hector may or may not be lying, but I know DA isn't being straight with us.

How do you know DA's lying?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 11, 2016, 01:14:51 pm »

His claim to have found an arsonist just doesn't stack up with the facts.

Was your character avoiding tax, or just resenting paying it?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36