Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36

Author Topic: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: GAME OVER, DEUS ASMOTH'S CULT WINS!  (Read 45372 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

Local Emergency Mafia

The citizens of Townville have finally snapped. For those of you who do not know the astounding stories of Townville, we will give a brief synopsis:
          For years, the village had been under constant attack by a group known as the "Mafia." A brief struggle for power in the town always followed the mafia incursion. After a few deaths, either the townspeople would succeed in killing every mafia member of this particular incursion, or the mafia would eventually succeed in taking over leadership of the town, with the mayor of Townville mysteriously disappearing right before the mafia attack. The townspeople who survived the struggle would be at the mercy of the mafia until the mafia eventually were toppled and the mayor of townsville came back to run the village again. This cycle would repeat over and over with no respite for the townspeople. However, today, something was different. The townspeople had decided that the mayor's suspicious disappearances right before a mafia attack was signs that he or she was responsible for the attacks. The general consensus was that the mayor must be killed as if he or she was a mafia member. However, quite humerously, nobody knew exactly who the mayor was. The townspeople were always too busy fighting off the mafia to vote, so the mayor voted him/herself into office, and nobody knew who it was. Nevertheless, the townspeople prepared to find, kill, and replace the mayor who had been the source of all their troubles. Using the skills gained in the countless skirmishes with the mafia, the townspeople knew that they had the cognitive ability to discern who the mayor was, and get rid of him/her.
          This is the story of Townville thus far. We will continue to report any further developments in Townville. Only time will tell if the Town will root out the mayor, and whether the mayor was in fact the source of the mafia incursions.

This is a Bastard Game. I will never lie to anybody in the thread, in PM's, or in private chats. But you can almost be certain that I am never telling the whole truth. Figuring out the hidden mechanics of this game is vital for each team in order to win.

Rules:
-Due to the more complicated mechanics of a bastard game, only players with at least one completed mafia game on the forum will be allowed to participate.

-No PMing any player except me unless your role specifically allows it.

-No quoting any of your PM's. Doing this will immediately get you modkilled.

-Days will last 72 hours with weekends excluded. Nights will last 24 hours with weekends excluded.

-2 extensions will be allowed per day. An extension will extend the day for 24 hours. To vote for an extension, type extend in bold. The day will be extended if half of the living players vote for it.

-if 3/4 of the living players vote for a shorten, the day will be cut off and finished as soon as I am able to finish it.

-**IMPORTANT**Place your votes in BOLD AND RED. I am red/green colorblind so a vote simply placed in red will likely be missed and not counted. If you notice that the vote count is incorrect please correct me as soon as possible.

-A day ending in a tie will result in no lynch.

-The dead may post one "bah" post after death. No game information may be shared in this post.

-flavor text can be helpful to figuring out the mechanics to the game. The flavor text will stay accurate to the "story" of this game.

Players: 8 players minimum. No maximum.
(9/any)
Fillipk
Deus Asmoth
TheDarkStar
AbstractTraitorHero Chief Physician lynched day 1
Hector13
TheMoonlitShadow Mayor lynched day 2
Reverie IT guy Nightkilled night 5
BlackHeartKabal Antique Salesperson lynched day 3
NotQuiteThere Police Chief lynched day 4

Replacements:
(1/any)
Taneb

Spoilspec: Knows the mechanics of the game, help me make sure vote counts are accurate etc.
(1/1)
FallacyofUrist

« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 06:20:24 pm by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game (0/8+)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 11:08:17 am »

Spoilspec! Will I know peoples roles, too?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 11:09:01 am »

Spoilspec! Will I know peoples roles, too?
FallacyofUrist is already the spoilspec. He helped me create this setup so it is only fair.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 11:11:19 am »

Oops... I didnt see that there can only be one...
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 11:11:50 am »

In I guess
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game (1/8+)
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 02:04:06 pm »

In. You'd think that the Powerpuff Girls would do something about that darn mafia though.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game (2/8+)
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 03:39:29 pm »

Ho.
I am going to enjoy watching this.
Especially with wonderful flavor.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game (2/8+)
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 05:43:59 pm »

In. This looks entertaining.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game (3/8+)
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 06:38:10 pm »

Yolo i guess.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game (4/8+)
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 06:57:23 am »

Are there any links to a Bastard Game tutorial?
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 09:11:06 am »

here is the Mafiascum wiki definition. But as I have stated above, I will not be lying to anybody, but I won't be telling the WHOLE truth either. I have tried to make this game balanced, and throw in some odd mechanics that people will have to figure out in order to win.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 02:07:36 pm »

I'll give you a tentative in just now. Might be mafia'd out by the end of FHPBYOR.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game (5/8+)
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 08:46:34 pm »

IN! Was a bit hesitant until you said that it'd start after Flabort's game ends. Which is gonna be after both of the mafia's I'm already in end.
Welcome. I put that information right at the beginning so that hopefully nobody else misses it.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game (6/8+)
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 01:05:24 am »

In
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game (7/8+)
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 12:12:12 am »

DAAAMMMNNNN EEEEET!!

(This is a bump)
Or not it's cool.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36