Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Poke  (Read 37637 times)

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Poke
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2016, 04:14:31 pm »

Excuse me, have you forgotten what the Nyars artifact Spooky Garrow does?  If so, could you please generate a new effect for it?
lets see...no I wrote the effect for that one down. But no one ever opened it as far as I know.
The wiki says that it was opened in this action

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2016, 05:06:31 pm »

Continuing to ask questions about the solid light machines.
1.You said that the Solid Light Matter Generator wouldn't benefit from being enlarged, but would the Solid Light Protection Field benefit?  It's the automated version which just summons a layer of armor right before you get shot.

2.As to the SLMG's automation... if it were designed to be automated, would that mean it would be impossible to use in a normal fashion, creating things on the fly?  So if a CON guy jumps in the suit, and he can use the preset automated functions, when an UNC guy jumps in, would he be limited to the presets as well?

3.Is it possible to make transparent solid light?

4.Is it possible to make a functional bow out of solid light?

5.I'd assume it's possible to make a solid light javelin, but is it at all possible to electrify said javelin?  Sunbros should be able to throw lightning.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2016, 05:08:47 pm »

5.I'd assume it's possible to make a solid light javelin, but is it at all possible to electrify said javelin?  Sunbros should be able to throw lightning.
You probably could with an Elemental Infuser. Was actually considering getting an Ice-9 one for Charles to complement his SLMG, until I remembered that his EXO was far too low.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2016, 08:08:00 pm »

If you are in a braincase and your brain stem is connector to a universal limb collector, when placed upon a headless body would you be able to hijack it?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 08:38:15 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2016, 08:25:49 pm »

If you are in a braincase and your brain stem is connector to a universal limb cocclectir, when placed upon a headless body would you be able to hijack it?

If you get a universal limb collector put on your neck, and then place your head on someone elses decapitated body, do you then gain control of their body?
Nah, you would die.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2016, 08:33:54 pm »

If you are in a braincase and your brain stem is connector to a universal limb cocclectir, when placed upon a headless body would you be able to hijack it?

If you get a universal limb collector put on your neck, and then place your head on someone elses decapitated body, do you then gain control of their body?
Nah, you would die.
ostensibly because a head has no life suppirt, hence why im now asking about a braincase.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2016, 11:05:48 pm »

What would the advantages of a larger Heavy Blade be?

Could a Solid Light Matter Generator replicate the properties of battlesuit plate or a Heavy Blade? You said it was based on skill, so if it can how much would you need to do so? Or better yet, could you give some guidelines on what each level of Uncon will allow?

Is there space in your brain for multiple Solid Light Matter Generators? Some way to hook them up to a braincase without cramping it? Would there be any downsides to having multiples of them if so?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2016, 10:32:14 am »

Can the force infuser possibly be automated to use triggers and buttons and stuff rather than the user's mind?
Poke.
It can, but doing so would require it only outputting one degree of force, not anything higher or lower.

uh, so basically make it so that their consciousness inhabits a small object in their body rather then the body itself? Sort of like a video game enemy "Core", where it won't die unless you shoot that?
Yep, though obviously disabling their body would still be possible.
That would technically be possible, yes. At least the part I was talking about.

Excuse me, have you forgotten what the Nyars artifact Spooky Garrow does?  If so, could you please generate a new effect for it?
lets see...no I wrote the effect for that one down. But no one ever opened it as far as I know.
The wiki says that it was opened in this action
Oh, guess it was.

Alright. I know the effect it has, was there anything else?

Continuing to ask questions about the solid light machines.
1.You said that the Solid Light Matter Generator wouldn't benefit from being enlarged, but would the Solid Light Protection Field benefit?  It's the automated version which just summons a layer of armor right before you get shot.

2.As to the SLMG's automation... if it were designed to be automated, would that mean it would be impossible to use in a normal fashion, creating things on the fly?  So if a CON guy jumps in the suit, and he can use the preset automated functions, when an UNC guy jumps in, would he be limited to the presets as well?

3.Is it possible to make transparent solid light?

4.Is it possible to make a functional bow out of solid light?

1. sort of. It would benefit from having multiple of the systems working in tandem.

2.Yes.  Gotta be some limitations here guys, can't have your cake, eat it and not get fat.

3. Nope.

4. yes, though you'd need to either be quite strong or the bow arm pretty darn thin.

5. Electrify? Hmmm Well you could electrify solidlight matter, but you can't do it with the generator itself. It just makes the matter.

If you are in a braincase and your brain stem is connector to a universal limb collector, when placed upon a headless body would you be able to hijack it?
That might work.

What would the advantages of a larger Heavy Blade be?

Could a Solid Light Matter Generator replicate the properties of battlesuit plate or a Heavy Blade? You said it was based on skill, so if it can how much would you need to do so? Or better yet, could you give some guidelines on what each level of Uncon will allow?

Is there space in your brain for multiple Solid Light Matter Generators? Some way to hook them up to a braincase without cramping it? Would there be any downsides to having multiples of them if so?

Increased anime power. Also you can hit people harder. Heavy blade is not a subtle weapon.

No. Well...you could replicate the protective capacity but you'd have to do it by just using massive bulk amounts of the stuff.  The heavy blade it could though, mostly. It wouldn't be as tough, but you could always make another.

Do they go in your brain? I don't remember?  I think only a little control thing goes in your brain, and that thing would be able to link to multiple at once. Don't need more then one control.

And the benefit of that would be that you could create two things with the effort of creating only one! Admittedly they'd have to be exactly the same things, but there you go. If you feel like dual wielding.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:34:02 am by piecewise »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2016, 10:40:09 am »

Pretty sure it should not be in your brain and if it is then you are not doing space magic today.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2016, 01:35:01 pm »

1.Can you (or anybody else reading this) think of a way to electrify the solidlight javelins that doesn't require ammo?  I'd try an automated elemental infuser as someone else recommended, but that has a limited battery.

2.Can you tell us what the stat requirements are for the Solid Light Matter Generator?  The wiki just says +? uncon, +? mind.

3.Lastly, do you want to be the person who decides the number of shapes the automated SLMG can have pre-loaded?  I'm currently asking the council, because this sounds more like a balance issue, but I figure I might as well double check with you.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2016, 02:54:03 pm »

uh, so basically make it so that their consciousness inhabits a small object in their body rather then the body itself? Sort of like a video game enemy "Core", where it won't die unless you shoot that?
Yep, though obviously disabling their body would still be possible.
That would technically be possible, yes. At least the part I was talking about.
Could the cores be mass-produced and be made capable of acting like shock-implants? Would having one inside a fully human body interfere with demigod touch?

Do elemental infusers work on Ids?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 11:45:37 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2016, 03:53:39 pm »

can you clarify how much the grappling hook costs, and as to why it is so expensive?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2016, 05:11:11 pm »

Could I make interlocking shapes with a pair of Solid Light Matter Generators, so that a pair of identical creations could be interlocking halves of the intended result?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nunzillor

« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2016, 05:27:56 pm »

Thanks!  Another quick question, if you don't mind.  Do you remember what syvarris' gift from Christmas 2013 does, or does it need a regen? 

Here is the description: "A strange machine; It's quite large, maybe three feet wide and 2 tall with a square central section and two circular lobes coming out of either side. The only controls are a button and a knob with numbers 1 to 10."

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2016, 09:16:29 pm »

Controlling shark-nanites with exo skill? Eg, could a rudimentary device (MMI with some sort of communication device, maybe) allow rudimentary control over them?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16