Author Topic: Poke  (Read 37626 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Poke
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2016, 10:30:28 pm »

Arranger Round Suggestions:

Mindfuck Round  (AoE effect; level increases AoE, duration, and severity)
Velocity Round  (High upward velocity is added to target.  Level increases velocity (which increases effect or size of object that can be affected)
Knockback Round (Aoe Knockback burst around target)
Antigrav Round  (Reverses gravity at target.  Level increases volume effected.)
Cold Point Round (Should be obvious)
Magnet Round (Creates a powerful magnetic charge at the target point.  Level increases range, but remember that magnetic fields are inherently short range; anything metallic close to the target point of a high level round is gonna have a bad time.)
Domination Round (Mental burst around target; fairly short range (level 1 really only good for a single target) but "dominates" the target, who will then blindly follow the next order they hear.  Due to limitations, affected targets have no conception of who targeted them, and will follow the next order regardless of who gives it.  Level increases range; high levels allow for longer/more orders)
Lightning Ball Round (Like the Heat Point round, but electrical charge)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2016, 10:41:04 pm »

If you get a universal limb collector put on your neck, and then place your head on someone elses decapitated body, do you then gain control of their body?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nunzillor

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2016, 10:42:30 pm »

Excuse me, have you forgotten what the Nyars artifact Spooky Garrow does?  If so, could you please generate a new effect for it?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2016, 12:15:14 am »

If we use the White Mask to get the Host out of the Shackle, can we then put a part of Steve into the shackle? Because that would be Lars's ideal weapon.
This was actually Beirus's idea, so blame him give him credit.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 12:23:07 am by Egan_BW »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2016, 12:23:27 am »

If we use the White Mask to get the Host out of the Shackle, can we then put a part of Steve into the shackle? Because that would be Lars's ideal weapon.
That was my idea in the IRC. Also, it works to shock people like the implants do, and I think it monitors vitals. Perhaps a replacement for those who don't want the implant?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2016, 12:38:34 am »

Can shock implants be modified with White Mask tech to store a person's mind in them? Not full White Mask tech mind you, just holding their consciousness and operating bodies specifically made for that person. Or alternatively is it possible to mass produce White Masks with greatly diminished possession powers and make it standard-issue? That way people's brains won't decay, they won't suffer stat loss if they aren't in control of their body due to Green Storm, can't complain about having an implant (since they'd literally be the implant) and can be shot out of gauss rifles for ideas that no one really thought through well enough?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2016, 05:48:13 am »

Since this came up in Tinker, can you describe how much better are the new generators and the new fuels created through Aresteve research (just some guidelines for Tinker use)? You know, the same kind of research that gave us 2x strength exoskeletons and new armors/armor materials.

In addition, how does Neural Tissue Strengthening work, mechanically? Specifically:
Does it apply to all cases of mental intrusions?
Are there any pure will-based mindfuck events that would not benefit from it?
Does its effect apply to mindfuck duels? I.e. not just defensive, but also offensive cases - e.g. if two ampers tried to brainwash each other, or when Cthulkan co-inhabitants waged war against each other?
Does reigning in your Id count as mental engagement (and thus subject to this mod)?

Also, what's the fluff description for how it works/what it is based on?

Finally, once upon a time, before the enhanced capacity mod, there were gene-upgrades that gave you a +1 to a skill of your choosing, but with a noticeable drawback. Could you remember and describe the drawbacks for the following ones:

• CON
  • EXO
  • HANDI
  • GENKNOW (it didn't exist back then, but if it did?..)
This is mostly historian/loremaster's curiosity for world-building asking.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2016, 06:07:05 am »

@Nik: I think NTS does exactly what it says:
This gene modification strengthens the capacity of the brain to deal with mental or physical trauma. When rolling against attempted mental intrusions and similar effects, the user gains a dynamic bonus of 1.
So if something attacks your brain mentally, you can better defend yourself. If something attacks your brain physically or otherwise causes it to degrade, you can also better defend yourself. So it can give you a dynamic +1 to all brain protection related rolls, from things like Endurance rolls for not getting drunk to Will rolls for not being mind controlled.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2016, 06:41:46 am »

@Paris I know, but since it outright mentioned the brain and the manifestation of mental intrusions as brain trauma, I conjectured that there could theoretically be some ways in which mental intrusions are not counted as brain trauma (such as the ones repelling it on the attacker, or the cases of gentle hallucinations and "dispelling" them), so I decided to ask whether or not there are limits to this genemod's usefulness.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2016, 07:41:04 am »

With how pocket dimensions work, is it possible to make a cheaper "1-shot" version, where something small within a certain area is dumped into the pocket dimension, then immediately dumped back out of it at a second predefined location, but the machinery becoming unusable?

Syv said to ask you.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2016, 03:13:57 pm »

Does chem-off protect from the specific type of haebi acid that we use our chem throwers?

How exactly does the force infuser gun use both Con and Exo? Do you make two rolls every time it's fired? Or does it use con but have an exo requirement? Something else?

Reposting this so it's not forgotten since it was behind your most recent post.

Can the force infuser possibly be automated to use triggers and buttons and stuff rather than the user's mind?

What strength tier is Renen equivalent to? Normal robobody, exoskeleton, synthflesh?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 04:10:08 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2016, 10:20:19 pm »

I'm making an assaultsuit variant which uses the Solid Light Matter Generator and Solid Light Protection Field.  Thanks to the council, you only have to deal with a couple  reality questions about the aforementioned systems:
1.Can Solid Light Matter Generators be automated to summon specific things, without needing an uncon skill?  Similar to the swiss army pimpknuckles?
2.If answer to 1 is yes: Does this increase the price?
3.I'm upsizing the SLMG to assaultsuit size--what benefit, if any, does this confer?  Does it let you summon bigger things, more things, harder things?  Or does it have no effect?
4.(Just to confirm) I'm pretty sure you've said that the SLMG can be powered by simple lights that emit light in the proper range, but I'm asking to double check.  Does plastering the suit in golden LEDs allow it to operate at full effectiveness?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2016, 01:20:07 pm »

Does chem-off protect from the specific type of haebi acid that we use our chem throwers?

How exactly does the force infuser gun use both Con and Exo? Do you make two rolls every time it's fired? Or does it use con but have an exo requirement? Something else?

Probably.

it uses exo to infuse the force, con to aim.

Are Fleshknit Rounds perfect regeneration or do they have the same problems as Fleshknitter (basically just growing a mass of scar tissue)?
They're perfect but the amount they heal varies by level.

Anything non-lethal? Like sleep or pain or paralysis or torture? Or EMP? Although I guess very high pain could cause death. So maybe less than lethal?

EDIT: Do we get any rounds for the arranger when we buy it?

EDIT2: Do we choose which stat point we lose when using black-rounds or is it random?
If we can choose, I foresee a lot of people suddenly getting uglier after using the Arranger...

EDIT3: The Limiter Unlock page isn't 100% clear. Is it used only for stats or both stats and skills?
Not yet. But you can hit them with the gun.

1 level 1 round of your choice.

You get to choose for now.

Only for stats. You can force your body to work beyond its limits, but you can't force your mind to learn more about something and then forget it.

So what are those little weevil degenerators normally contained with?
with a layer of a meta-material spray that they can't eat through. The curing process for it is pretty intensive.

Is the Heavy Blade that came with melee battlesuits wieldable by assaultsuits? What about Heavy Robotic Bodies? Can we get or buy them somewhere? Are they made of anything special or just a titanium I-beam?

EDIT: While smaller (or is that thinner/more flexible?), the assaultsuit is supposedly twice as strong as a battlesuit. Does that mean it could use an even larger and/or heavier version of the Heavy Blade?

EDIT2: How hard would it be to make a Ghost Blade the size and consistency of a battlesuit's Heavy Blade? Would it even be a useful ability to have on something intended to crush anything it hits with raw power?

Should be. Probably.
Also, yeah.
You can buy one from the armory.
it's nothing magical, but it's harder than titanium. It's just a good, hard, very heavy blade.

Yes, if you wanted to.

We could make one that long, but not that thick.

Arranger Round Suggestions:

Mindfuck Round  (AoE effect; level increases AoE, duration, and severity)
Velocity Round  (High upward velocity is added to target.  Level increases velocity (which increases effect or size of object that can be affected)
Knockback Round (Aoe Knockback burst around target)
Antigrav Round  (Reverses gravity at target.  Level increases volume effected.)
Cold Point Round (Should be obvious)
Magnet Round (Creates a powerful magnetic charge at the target point.  Level increases range, but remember that magnetic fields are inherently short range; anything metallic close to the target point of a high level round is gonna have a bad time.)
Domination Round (Mental burst around target; fairly short range (level 1 really only good for a single target) but "dominates" the target, who will then blindly follow the next order they hear.  Due to limitations, affected targets have no conception of who targeted them, and will follow the next order regardless of who gives it.  Level increases range; high levels allow for longer/more orders)
Lightning Ball Round (Like the Heat Point round, but electrical charge)
Someone on the wiki, just stick these all on. They work as far as I'm concerned.

If you get a universal limb collector put on your neck, and then place your head on someone elses decapitated body, do you then gain control of their body?
Nah, you would die.

Excuse me, have you forgotten what the Nyars artifact Spooky Garrow does?  If so, could you please generate a new effect for it?
lets see...no I wrote the effect for that one down. But no one ever opened it as far as I know.

This was actually Beirus's idea, so blame him give him credit.

Uh, well we could install a chip to allow steve to be in the weapon, so to speak, if thats what you mean.

Can shock implants be modified with White Mask tech to store a person's mind in them? Not full White Mask tech mind you, just holding their consciousness and operating bodies specifically made for that person. Or alternatively is it possible to mass produce White Masks with greatly diminished possession powers and make it standard-issue? That way people's brains won't decay, they won't suffer stat loss if they aren't in control of their body due to Green Storm, can't complain about having an implant (since they'd literally be the implant) and can be shot out of gauss rifles for ideas that no one really thought through well enough?
uh, so basically make it so that their consciousness inhabits a small object in their body rather then the body itself? Sort of like a video game enemy "Core", where it won't die unless you shoot that?

Since this came up in Tinker, can you describe how much better are the new generators and the new fuels created through Aresteve research (just some guidelines for Tinker use)? You know, the same kind of research that gave us 2x strength exoskeletons and new armors/armor materials.

In addition, how does Neural Tissue Strengthening work, mechanically? Specifically:
Does it apply to all cases of mental intrusions?
Are there any pure will-based mindfuck events that would not benefit from it?
Does its effect apply to mindfuck duels? I.e. not just defensive, but also offensive cases - e.g. if two ampers tried to brainwash each other, or when Cthulkan co-inhabitants waged war against each other?
Does reigning in your Id count as mental engagement (and thus subject to this mod)?

Also, what's the fluff description for how it works/what it is based on?

Finally, once upon a time, before the enhanced capacity mod, there were gene-upgrades that gave you a +1 to a skill of your choosing, but with a noticeable drawback. Could you remember and describe the drawbacks for the following ones:

• CON
  • EXO
  • HANDI
  • GENKNOW (it didn't exist back then, but if it did?..)
This is mostly historian/loremaster's curiosity for world-building asking.
Probably twice as good?

Yes, not that I can think of, yes or at least if you screw up it will lessen any impact against you, no since it's not an intrusion its your own mind.

Jim's brain structure I believe.

It would probably be fairly thematic. Con would neg exo, exo neg con, handi neg one combat skill, genknow probably neg will/mind.

With how pocket dimensions work, is it possible to make a cheaper "1-shot" version, where something small within a certain area is dumped into the pocket dimension, then immediately dumped back out of it at a second predefined location, but the machinery becoming unusable?

Syv said to ask you.

No.

Reposting this so it's not forgotten since it was behind your most recent post.

Can the force infuser possibly be automated to use triggers and buttons and stuff rather than the user's mind?

What strength tier is Renen equivalent to? Normal robobody, exoskeleton, synthflesh?

Synthflesh.
I'm making an assaultsuit variant which uses the Solid Light Matter Generator and Solid Light Protection Field.  Thanks to the council, you only have to deal with a couple  reality questions about the aforementioned systems:
1.Can Solid Light Matter Generators be automated to summon specific things, without needing an uncon skill?  Similar to the swiss army pimpknuckles?
2.If answer to 1 is yes: Does this increase the price?
3.I'm upsizing the SLMG to assaultsuit size--what benefit, if any, does this confer?  Does it let you summon bigger things, more things, harder things?  Or does it have no effect?
4.(Just to confirm) I'm pretty sure you've said that the SLMG can be powered by simple lights that emit light in the proper range, but I'm asking to double check.  Does plastering the suit in golden LEDs allow it to operate at full effectiveness?
1. they have to be preprogrammed before hand, not on mission or while under attack, but yes.
2. not if you do it yourself. If you want to make it so there is like some sort of system of cards to input new forms or somethign that might cost a few extra.
3. If I remember right...it shouldn't have any real effect. The size and stuff is all based upon your skill.
4. If it's at the right wavelength, yes.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2016, 02:19:00 pm »

Poke.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2016, 03:41:37 pm »

uh, so basically make it so that their consciousness inhabits a small object in their body rather then the body itself? Sort of like a video game enemy "Core", where it won't die unless you shoot that?
Yep, though obviously disabling their body would still be possible.

Since pimp sods are possible, is it possible to train them to take an input direction and force and make a mass of pimpanium move in the specified direction with the specified force? Yes, I am trying to make brain-powered Mk IIIs using pimpanium. Alternatively, is is possible for them to just be trained to keep a bit of pimpanium deforming in a constant thrusting motion like some sort of rapid-shivving device?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 05:31:23 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16