Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Mission 21 On Trial: No Smart Subtitle  (Read 21319 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 21 On Trial: No Smart Subtitle
« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2016, 05:37:49 pm »

Pan, still flaoting along the hangar, listens to Maurice's speech impassivly. He adresses the doctor, shiny mask betraying no emotion.

"Really, doctor? You're going to threaten with a Timmy Orb and make a power grab right now, when we're scrambling to evacuate?"
"Unless you think he's got the whole of Heph under mind control, this is pretty much a grab by the entire Heph Administration, chrome-dome."
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2016, 05:41:29 pm »

"Unless you think he's got the whole of Heph under mind control, this is pretty much a grab by the entire Heph Administration, chrome-dome."
"I don't think I was adressing you, grunt. "

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2016, 06:06:31 pm »

"I don't think I was adressing you, grunt. "

"I think you've got an attitude problem, metalnoggin. Or is your head as blank as that alien trash you stuck your entire soul into for a durability boost?"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2016, 06:10:18 pm »

"I think you've got an attitude problem, metalnoggin. Or is your head as blank as that alien trash you stuck your entire soul into for a durability boost?"
"Trooper, you barely have two mission under your belt. It is not your place to mingle in these affairs, nor is it your place to insult your superiors. Don't make me angrier than I already am."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2016, 09:14:27 pm »

((PTW!))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 28, 2016, 11:50:38 pm »

Oh for fucks sake, he really is insane...

If Steve doesn't explictly permit this little Hephaustian power trip, then shoot Maurice. 9 volley with Testament. Into head.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 12:39:52 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 28, 2016, 11:53:31 pm »

"Ummm...
What the hell does a Timmy Orb do?"
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2016, 12:08:33 am »

((Do I only get to shock people as punishment for tinker-related things, or can I shock them for entertainment, too?  Because if it is the latter, then I'm shocking Miya unconcious, or at least unconcious enough to lose control of his Avatar.  Because that would be hilarious.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2016, 12:21:18 am »

((WTF?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2016, 12:53:56 am »

Yes, Pancaek. I am making the power grab now, because the Generals have overstepped their position. The Hephaestus Administration is inviolable, and within their own right. Without the appointed Supreme Administrator, however, there is no one to protect us from them, and enforce the political autonomy. I stood before them as peers - and accepted their judgement. And they declared me innocent of the sin of releasing the Lurker. But I never said I would accept their punishment. Only Steve's.

And I do not threaten anyone. I did the opposite - I informed you that I have this loaded gun, but then threw it down on the ground, so to speak. You all are the ones with still loaded guns.

Eddie, Timmy's Orb is a powerful object, enabling the user certain supernatural capabilities, coming at a great price. It takes a great toll on the willpower of the user to use it without corruption - corruption that slowly turns you into Timmy, an eldritch monster roaming the void between the worlds. And its methods of magic are most twisted, often killing innocents nearby in the process. That is why I seek it's power for the sake of Humanity, and that is why I fear its power and would rather die than accidentally kill with its misuse.

And I do this to help with "scrambling to evacuate", Pancaek. At worst, you lose a good medic... at best, we won't need to evacuate anymore. And a whole slew of middle variants in between.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 29, 2016, 06:46:38 am »

-snip-
"Then why play the charade, doctor? You're really going to play politics at a time this? Heph is under ARM control, and the generals will use it as they see fit to ensure the survival of mankind. Because that's what we're doing since we unleashed the Lurker, we are surviving. You think too much of yourself, you're not going to defeat it.

And why pull that orb in the first place, some misguided attempt to be dramatic?! You don't pull out a loaded gun and wave it in people's faces to make your point, doctor!

I don't think you really know what you're dealing with here. I saw what that orb could do. I felt what it's residue could do. I gazed upon the thing it spawned. Doctor, that thing it made from Timmy isn't something you can control. It will destroy you, plain and simple."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2016, 07:08:23 am »

Oh for fucks sake, he really is insane...

If Steve doesn't explictly permit this little Hephaustian power trip, then shoot Maurice. 9 volley with Testament. Into head.
Mass-manip-amp Stop this if he attempts to fire, redirect away from all persons. Do not amp unless he really does try to fire though.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 07:12:54 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2016, 07:13:38 am »

Open Attractive Bauble box in full view of everyone. Or Maurice, and Ulrich when I see him raising his Testament, at least.
That should distract them long enough I can switch my chem-thrower from namite to Sticky Goop and goop the both of them.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2016, 08:00:01 am »

Faced with that kind of situation, Milno discreetly entered his imminent combat mode, checking his suit's systems, preparing to turn on the EMM and scanning the area with his integrated cameyes and motion sensor for any traps Maurice could have prepared for the power grab. "You would accept our verdict, except it didn't please you. You call yourself brave and a hero. You're a ball of slime."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 29, 2016, 08:22:31 am »

Hephaestus has always been under ARM control, yet independent of its command structure. I merely brought this matter back to attention, Pancaek. And while I might not be able to help beat the Lurker - as I said, it's the best case scenario.

As for the trick... To force their hand, Pancaek. To force their hand. And notice how I never yet touched it without cover - I do believe I am not "in possession" of this item, so to speak. But I will stand between it and anyone who intends to deny me my sacrifice for Humanity.

And I more than understand the danger of this item. I have studiously examined the footage of Timmy's tricks aboard the Sword, as well as on the mission. And I fear it, Pancaek; I fear it more than I feared the Lurker. It can corrupt the very soul, the very self of the user. Lurker would merely erase it.

As for you, Milno... You are incorrect. I have accepted your judgement, but I did not accept your sentence, especially since you have  yourselves cleared my innocence in the matter of releasing the Lurker. Should you have judged differently... I'm not sure I could live with this guilt. But as I am, I have to live and even confront you like this, since you apparently have different views on aiding Humanity than I do, and serving it is my final and greatest duty. That is what makes me "brave and a hero". Being branded "a ball of slime" by former friends and comrades, and still pushing the matter on. Because it is the right thing to do.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14