Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Mission 21 On Trial: No Smart Subtitle  (Read 21309 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 21 On Trial: No Smart Subtitle
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2016, 08:36:37 am »

"Your sacrifice for humanity? Fucking hell Maurice, are you having delusions of heroism here? You and your shitty sacrifice mean nothing. Nothing. No single one of us mean anything in our duty to save humanity.

You say you fear that globe, but you don't realize what you're trying to do here. You will die and you will unleash even more horrid abominations on what little that is left of humanity. All you will accomplish is destroying even more.

I like you Doc, I do. But right now all I see is a desperate man grasping for things beyond his control."

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2016, 08:36:48 am »

Everyone calm down. We have to wait for Steve's response. And mantain the control.

Activate Bullet-Time. If anyone that is not Maurice, Milno or Miyamoto, tries any atack with Conventional or Unconventional weaponry, disarm them. Using force if necessary.

If somebody uses Amps to attack anybody in this situation, ask Steve to knock them out, or do it myself with a bat made of light.

((Action edited to avoid possible casualities with bad rolls))
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 10:16:10 am by Grunhill »
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2016, 08:54:45 am »

At Renen's prompting, Pan settles down and crosses his arms in front of him with a harrumph

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2016, 08:56:50 am »

Another thought came to Maurice's mind.
Say, Milno, had you been told by Miyamoto and Jim one day that you did nothing wrong, but your methods are incorrect, and you must step down from Black Ops missions and relinquish your title of a General, as you are clearly just another grunt that would benefit from field work - would you accept that? Or would you at least bring it up with Steve, the person who recruited you for the office in the first place? The person to whom you sworn oath of fealty?

Because that is exactly what I have done. Brought the matter before Steve, our employer and the personified guiding will of Humanity.

You might be correct, Pancaek. You might be wrong. But taking risks is how a man masters the forces of supernatural... it is, after all, how we created the manipulators and amps in the first place.
And I do not believe that creating another Timmy - or a replacement one, who knows?.. - would unleash "more horrid abominations". Unlike the Lurker, it has coexisted with our universe for thousands years, perhaps, if not for cosmic ages - who knows how old was Timmy's own Ball? And was it even the first in the line of them? And finally, Timmy as we know him predates the ARM itself - and we are yet to be directly influenced by his presence on any kind of significant scale.

There is a terrible price attached, yes - but it is the life of just one man. Who volunteered himself.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2016, 09:06:37 am »

"It doesn't matter what you believe this new abomination will be like, doctor. But I'll wait to see what Steve thinks of this and what the generals tell me. I live to serve."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2016, 09:29:06 am »

So do I, Pancaek. So do I.

And, conversely, is there any point to life without service?.. Not at this point, not for me.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2016, 10:35:24 am »

"It seems like my initial gut feeling to blame you was correct after all. The one time I don't listen it and this happens..."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #157 on: January 30, 2016, 12:30:36 pm »

"I think you've got an attitude problem, metalnoggin. Or is your head as blank as that alien trash you stuck your entire soul into for a durability boost?"
"Trooper, you barely have two mission under your belt. It is not your place to mingle in these affairs, nor is it your place to insult your superiors. Don't make me angrier than I already am."
As he says this, something fades into being behind him; a floating military officer wreathed in bird headed snakes. It draws its sabre, A blade far too long for the scabbard that holds it, and points the flaming blade directly at Eddie's head.

((Do I only get to shock people as punishment for tinker-related things, or can I shock them for entertainment, too?  Because if it is the latter, then I'm shocking Miya unconcious, or at least unconcious enough to lose control of his Avatar.  Because that would be hilarious.))
No.

Oh for fucks sake, he really is insane...

If Steve doesn't explictly permit this little Hephaustian power trip, then shoot Maurice. 9 volley with Testament. Into head.
Everyone calm down. We have to wait for Steve's response. And mantain the control.

Activate Bullet-Time. If anyone that is not Maurice, Milno or Miyamoto, tries any atack with Conventional or Unconventional weaponry, disarm them. Using force if necessary.

If somebody uses Amps to attack anybody in this situation, ask Steve to knock them out, or do it myself with a bat made of light.

((Action edited to avoid possible casualities with bad rolls))
Ulrich raises his weapon, aiming it at Maurice. Then he's laying halfway across the room, his helmet dented with the force of a robotic slap. Renen is standing where he used to be, holding Ulrich's weapon by the barrel with one hand. His other rests upon the grip of his sword. He stares at Ulrich for a moment before dropping the weapon and straightening back up, servos humming quietly.

"Unwise."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 30, 2016, 12:36:34 pm »

"Now now, comrade. No need to get up in his face."

Good thing I pm'd the action to reign in my manifestation huh? Reign him in some more, and reign him in hard if he doesn't want to stop waving that big sword around, I'm in charge here. Also calm down, no reason to be that angry at a trooper saying his piece.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 12:42:26 pm by Pancaek »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 30, 2016, 12:57:29 pm »

I was supposed to act only after Steve says something about Maurice's conduct. I don't see him saying anything.
Ulrich is not a judge. We wouldn't shoot before hearing judgement. And I believe we are all here waiting Steve's reaction.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 01:32:28 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 30, 2016, 01:31:37 pm »

-snip-

I was supposed to act only when Steve says something about Maurice's conduct. I don't see him saying anything.
Ulrich is not a judge. We wouldn't shoot before hearing judgement. And I believe we are all here waiting Steve's reaction.

+1: need to hear what Steve has to say about this before we can have any meaningful continuation.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 30, 2016, 02:32:16 pm »

"Maurice, if you truly want us to take you seriously, then  step away from that orb. You cannot rationally expect us to consider your viewpoint while you're in arms reach of what amounts to a xenomagical nuke."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 30, 2016, 02:50:29 pm »

Quote from: AoshimaMichio link=topic=155663.msg6776632#msg6776632 date=1454176649[b
I was supposed to act only when Steve says something about Maurice's conduct. I don't see him saying anything.[/b]
((You said you'd act unless steve said something to directly support Maurice. Steve is apparently not talking. Notice that PW has steve talking elsewhere, the silence on this matter is for a reason. - PW simply had you do what you said you'd do.))

I stay where I am, though odds on Milno and Miya have noticed me with their cameyes by now, and remain ready to act but not taking actual action. If someone attacks Maurice then I will attempt to non-lethally stop them with my amps, but I really would prefer to take no actions at all. Just putting this out there in case people start PMing attacks.

((And since I need to look away to type, I'm going to be completely mute for a while on both this issue and on Green Storm.))
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 03:05:04 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 30, 2016, 03:14:46 pm »

A little surprised by Miyamoto's tone and message, Maurice turned to face him.

By all means if this is what it takes you to consider my viewpoint with just a little more reason.

He calmly put the leg off the Orb, and stepped several feet aside.

Frankly, had I not known that you were going on a mission, I'd entrust it to your care while I finished my preparations and got ready for it. ...That is, if you hadn't been so unwilling to see my side of the argument.

He made a short respectful nod to Renen, and ignored Ulrich.

Now you have it. I can't reach it before Renen, even if I wished. Hell, even just a regular Mk III user could easily outrun me here. I have surrendered my only theoretical chance to retaliate, as you would think, should you decide to take me down. ...I stand with my head held high, disarmed and defiant. I will not take arms, much less use that "xenomagical nuke" against you or just around you.

And Steve, I am still waiting for your answer. For your permission or your judgement.

The big question to Steve remains there!
Past Sigs

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 30, 2016, 07:21:25 pm »

"Thank you, now at least things shouldn't get heated to the point of regrettable actions.

Now, I do agree  that we should wait for Steve to make a decision. This is his army, under his rule, his will goes.
However, if he still needs some time to reconsider, I guess we could talk some. If only to fill the silence a bit."
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 08:18:15 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14