Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 858867 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10845 on: February 17, 2023, 02:01:44 pm »

Bill them triple. One for your time, one for your inconvenience, and one for a cancellation.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10846 on: February 17, 2023, 02:07:23 pm »

Unfortunately, we both serve the same client. So all we can do is bill our client for the non-performance of the parent company whose network they're in.

And we're not going to do that, because our customer isn't at fault here. But I'm done being nice on emails. Even the PM from an entirely different group that we're coordinating with on this IT task has had it.

I'm sure someone isn't going to like the sound of this, but this has been my experience with outsourced Indian tech support pretty much across the board.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10847 on: February 19, 2023, 10:56:04 pm »

I've been feeling more hopeless and distressed than usual lately. Today was my only day off this week, and I had to spend maybe the first 4 or 5 hours of it in a listless, depressed stupor; just collapsed in my computer chair too depressed to do anything other than browse stupid youtube videos that I don't care about.

Every night this week it seems I'm having to fight off fits of panic and hyperventilation. Perhaps the stress of my life and the loneliness inherent to it are finally getting to me. The only respite I really get is the occasional online gaming with an all-online friend group I have. I feel like my personality with them has been growing much more forcefully "funny" with them though; by that I mean I just feel much more comfortable trying to crack jokes and laugh with them than anything else. More and more though, that feels more and more like overcompensation; I need to tell those jokes and be funny because I need to overcompensate for how crushingly depressing and unfunny my life feels.

I really don't know what I'm going to do with myself.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10848 on: February 20, 2023, 11:10:47 am »

I go through phases.  Eventually I snap out of it.

I know a lot of you guys game so Ill share that occasionally I become obsessed with a game until I beat it senseless, then I move on and snap out of it.  Keeping a basic workout routine and just making sure I keep up on daily chores and errands (outside especially, get that sunlight and social contact) helps a lot for me.

Sometimes it feels good to sink lower, but thats when you have to push yourself up a little.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10849 on: February 20, 2023, 01:37:12 pm »

I've been feeling more hopeless and distressed than usual lately. Today was my only day off this week, and I had to spend maybe the first 4 or 5 hours of it in a listless, depressed stupor; just collapsed in my computer chair too depressed to do anything other than browse stupid youtube videos that I don't care about.

Can relate. I've been doing this for weeks because I'm in my own head about a relationship. Hard to sink into the things I used to with this going on mentally and emotionally.

So you know what I did? I started working out again. I just feel better afterward. It didn't solve my problems by any means but it gave me some distance from my own thoughts plus the natural endorphins from working out. I know you've been down that road before too but....maybe you need a change of habit. Coming home and distracting yourself with doomscrolling isn't helpful. I literally spent most of the weekend doomscrolling Facebook and I hate myself for it.

Also if your online-only friends are willing....talk to them. I had an online only friend who really needed to talk about the miscarriage he and his wife just experienced. He was reticent to talk about it though but I could tell it was clearly messing him and I invited him to share his struggles. Maybe it helped him, maybe it didn't.

You might also legitimately consider therapy. I'm not a fan but if you aren't finding resolution in your own head, then you need to get that stuff out into the open so it can start being addressed. It may not SOLVE it for you but the unburdening is a real psychological benefit. And if it's appropriate, anti-anxiety meds. Some people swear by them when they realized anxiety was crippling their ability to live their life.

Sorry man, I know you've been struggling for a while. All is not lost though. The road is just rockier for some of us than others.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #10850 on: February 23, 2023, 11:06:04 pm »

Writer's block sucks.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10851 on: February 23, 2023, 11:43:46 pm »

One tip is, obviously for the times when you don’t have writer’s block, is to stop writing when you know where the story is going, ‘cause when you start writing next time you know where to start off.

Something like that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10852 on: February 23, 2023, 11:57:16 pm »

I... wait. The tip is that, when you don't have writer's block... stop writing? Something about that seems, uh. Less than workable...?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10853 on: February 24, 2023, 12:02:51 am »

I think it’s if you’re writing and have an idea of where you’re going with a story, don’t take it to the end of the stuff you’re thinking of writing about, but stop a little short so you have a starting point to continue from, and probably also to think about while you’re not writing.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10854 on: February 24, 2023, 11:03:25 pm »

_
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 12:02:17 pm by JoshuaFH »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10855 on: February 24, 2023, 11:23:25 pm »

I... wait. The tip is that, when you don't have writer's block... stop writing? Something about that seems, uh. Less than workable...?

Works for George RR Martain
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10856 on: February 25, 2023, 05:44:16 am »

I made a dumb joke about there being a new Mexican-Arabic fusion restaurant opening up, and that I was excited to try their inshallahdas.

Friend of mine did not recognize this as a joke, and is now also excited.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10857 on: February 25, 2023, 08:42:05 am »

Time to open up a restaurant, I guess. Good luck!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10858 on: February 25, 2023, 10:36:11 am »

I made a dumb joke about there being a new Mexican-Arabic fusion restaurant opening up, and that I was excited to try their inshallahdas.

Friend of mine did not recognize this as a joke, and is now also excited.

This is my cue to mention that because of Arabic migration to Mexico during... let's say the early 20th century there's noticeable Arabic influence on Mexican cuisine in certain regions. I learned this because when researching the difference between the named for gyros, döner, and shwarma some time back (for these here forums – anyone remember?) I learned of the of the often forgotten fourth variant of this dish from Mexico City (iirc), although I cannot recall the name for it now.

So anyway it would be interesting to know if they serve it by name because that's a piece of history.

It's a good pun though by the way
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10859 on: February 25, 2023, 10:38:35 am »

I really like that pun, I just hope it's tasteful!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 779