Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 795

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1124999 times)

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10830 on: February 15, 2023, 02:29:47 pm »

On the bright side, that's the "best" place to get a puncture.  Easily repairable.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10831 on: February 15, 2023, 03:10:23 pm »

And as expected it was the usual spiel of promising bonuses and improvements but needing us to step it up, to take the job more seriously, to take responsibility.

Basically the same shit they spewed two years ago which lead nowhere after almost six months of giving our best. And all the talk of bonuses quietly got swept under the rug. Of course he refused to take any questions now, said those could come later, some rather pointed fucking questions I really wanted to ask, but I guess those would detract from the message he's trying to push, perhaps cast doubt on the shit he's promising even so those will have to wait for another time.

Of course it all boils down to push any and all responsibility down on us, the folks who are actually earning them money. So they can shaft us whenever they feel like it and just claim it's all our fault for not working hard enough.

Oh and apparently I can forget about taking any vacations longer than 2 days because I'd need to find my own replacement, which would have to be one of the other shift managers, which have to work their own shifts, while covering mine. So if say I wanted to take a work week off for whatever reason, I'd need to get three other people to cover for me, and each would have to do it on one of their off days.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10832 on: February 15, 2023, 03:38:30 pm »

That... sounds a lot like it's (past?) time to be looking for a place of employment that's less shite.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10833 on: February 15, 2023, 06:49:31 pm »

Bluh, the sertraline withdrawal's getting worse. I know it'll only last a few weeks at the absolute most, but in the meantime I'm just suffering in general.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10834 on: February 15, 2023, 07:47:43 pm »

Car warned me my tire pressure was low. This was a new tire, too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I 200% need a new tire.  So ....

My 4x drive 2004 turbo adui is quite a catch except Im afraid of when (if) it will pop its shit.

Like it can make tire another 150k miles, bur its all luck lmafao.

P:  but, I've personally paid about 5k for it, and I bought it at about 110k on it.  at what milage is it worth my money??  I paid 3k for it and put 1.5k into it so far.  I think about 3k for 2023 is fair.........
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 07:49:55 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10835 on: February 16, 2023, 06:56:28 am »

Usually when your yearly repair costs exceed the price of a 'new' second hand car, it's time to start looking for a new one.
So yeah, if you paid 3k for it, another 3k for 2023 maintnance sounds like a good ceiling.

Then again, taking it to a mechanic for his professional opinion on the general condition and lifespan can likely give you a more accurate estimate, as long as it's a honest mechanic that's not just looking to make money.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 06:58:15 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10836 on: February 16, 2023, 10:48:01 pm »

My personal rule of thumb (Which I've had to apply once) is that if fixing it is more than the car's worth, get a new one.

Got rid of my old car because it was old and worn enough that it was probably only worth a few hundred. The MOT failed and it would have cost about £500 to fix the issues, so I figured there wasn't much point.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10837 on: February 16, 2023, 11:02:04 pm »

I kinda wish I knew what made me really upset today...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10838 on: February 17, 2023, 04:51:32 am »

Maybe it was so upsetting that your mind erased it to save you.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10839 on: February 17, 2023, 04:53:42 am »

That's my secret. I'm always slightly upset
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10840 on: February 17, 2023, 06:47:09 am »

I feel like I used to be more passionate and excited about things.  :-\

A general gripe, but one I'm feeling more and more. It's hard to care where I know I should.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10841 on: February 17, 2023, 10:54:23 am »

I swear I've seen this dermatologist for like two years, I'm using a soap, a cream, a foam, and an antibiotic every damn day and my face is still a lumpy awful mess.  Why is every doctor I see a joke?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10842 on: February 17, 2023, 12:19:43 pm »

You can expose yourself to the freeizng dry air and the sun, until you start peeling and the pimples become hard grains have their tips allmost hanging out without any force applied.

Or we inject you a tiny metal brush into every dirty pore and then throw you in an MRI.

Sry no actual solutions, just heard a bunch of bad experiences about their creams... Alcohol wipes can help sparodically but if you dissolve your natural oil film every day it'll probably just get worse over time. That leaves nutritional changes or hoping you grow out of it some day... I'm kinda convinced most of my bad pores were supposed to be beard but they never will be... eh
let

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10843 on: February 17, 2023, 12:41:05 pm »

The only thing left is some stupid laser treatment, probably just another excuse to waste my money and time doing nothing like the rest of the medical world.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10844 on: February 17, 2023, 02:00:06 pm »

Another morning meeting with Volvo IT to get them to do their jobs....7am meeting, and none of them showed up for it. A meeting THEY said we HAD to have.

These guys fucking suck.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 795