Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 795

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1124428 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10860 on: February 25, 2023, 10:53:59 am »

I really like that pun, I just hope it's tasteful!

🫡

I looked up the dish by the way so o could speak in less general terms about it and it's called "al pastor" (and the people responsible for it was Lebanese immigrants) so please look out for that or it's alternative name "trompas" or northern Mexico variant "Gringas" for me if you go there, kagus.
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10861 on: February 25, 2023, 02:12:02 pm »

I made a dumb joke about there being a new Mexican-Arabic fusion restaurant opening up, and that I was excited to try their inshallahdas.

Friend of mine did not recognize this as a joke, and is now also excited.

I laughed.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10862 on: February 26, 2023, 04:37:32 am »

Right over his head.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10863 on: February 28, 2023, 07:54:34 pm »

that feeling when you're carrying food into another room, and because your hands are occupied doing that there's not much you can do but watch as the spoon or fork or whatever slides down into the bowl and sinks beneath the surface of whatever you're planning on eating
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #10864 on: February 28, 2023, 10:05:10 pm »

I may have broken my ankle/foot while boxing last night. Slipped and twisted it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10865 on: March 01, 2023, 02:07:33 am »

I may have broken my ankle/foot while boxing last night. Slipped and twisted it.
Fingers crossed for minimal damage on all fronts, friend.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10866 on: March 01, 2023, 04:05:49 am »

Hopefully it isn't broken and you recover quickly.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #10867 on: March 01, 2023, 08:10:15 am »

X-ray says there's no fractures! Just a real bad sprain. Sucks I'll be slow moving for a while, but happy that it shouldn't take too long to recover.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10868 on: March 02, 2023, 05:15:03 am »

Glad to hear it isn't a fracture.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10869 on: March 02, 2023, 05:35:53 am »

Pulled a back muscle yesterday, or got hit by wind while sweaty, no idea. Left back side is tight and painful in almost every position except standing straight and sitting awkwardly. The worst part tho is that deep breaths also cause pain as does laughter, didn't sleep too well because of it and I'm yawning often, which you know, hella hurts :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10870 on: March 02, 2023, 09:39:12 am »

I am baaaaaaaaaaaaaack from the dead. My god what a brutal month. Constant fighting up hill, developing professional whiplash from going from glowing interview panels on my job performance to sitting down with managers calling me irrational and lazy for not doing their job. I swear to fucking random number gods you help someone out once and they're grateful, you help someone out consistently and they're entitled. Meanwhile I've just been bantering with my ultraboss about how my promotion is always around the corner because he keeps telling me "he's making progress" and I keep joking we're empirical men of science, progress without numbers is not progress at all. He said he's banking on the probabilities going in my favour and I told him if I wanted to bank on stochastic analysis I'd have gone into banking... At least then I'd actually make bank!

But my god I am tired. I didn't even show up to work on Tuesday, just slept for 16 hours and turned my phone off. Apparently on that day one of the research nurses told me PI he was going to do an important log but went home and didn't tell him, causing him to wait for 3 hours for someone who was never going to show up. PI nearly broke down into tears and threatened to end the study until another doc stepped in to help him last minute. Everyone is going crazy because of the overwork, the logical contradictions. I ended up making myself incredibly unpopular by constantly pushing for everyone to get salary raises, as especially amongsts the senior staff, they viewed me as entitled for pushing for pay in line with what they were getting. They kept saying we should be getting PhDs if we wanted to make living wages. In the end one of the research nurses ended up joining my crusade and we're slowly winning against this toxic mentality of "wage increase = disloyalty" especially since the same people telling us to accept the dead pay are the same people who already made it rich in life and don't understand we're not asking for pay raises, we're asking for pay that matches what we actually do, and pay that actually covers the cost of working :|

The worst part are the nurses who treat us like pariahs for competing for our own job posts, as if that wasn't already an inherently clown world corporate action. It's deliberate divide and conquer to pit workers against workers

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10871 on: March 02, 2023, 10:02:32 am »

Sounds like hell.  Youre knee deep in the nurses strike stuff, arent you?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10872 on: March 02, 2023, 10:35:44 am »

Not directly, as those strikes cover more the healthcare providers not the healthcare researchers. But inevitably we have our own shit from basically the exact same issues of chronic underpaying, overwork and non-competitiveness. E.g. we're taking on more studies but four more people just quit. So the workload just increased quadratically and the big big cheese don't see how this is unsustainable in the slightest or understand why everyone is quitting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10873 on: March 02, 2023, 07:11:50 pm »

goddamn cough has dropped my default voice by like two octaves or something

it's basically gone from "confuses people as to gender over a phone" to "unhealthy blues singer"

it'd almost be nice if i could, like, stop. and it didn't hurt. and i was able to raise my voice, which i can't like, at all, so blues singer except they can't actually sing because they can't project their voice even a little

strep test was negative, plague test was negative, but whatever this is has had me fucked up since monday and it'd be great if it would stop soon, blegh
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10874 on: March 02, 2023, 07:52:59 pm »

enjoy your country bass career for the 2 days it lasts
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 795