Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859112 times)

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #3630 on: January 20, 2018, 06:46:12 pm »

I just hope that I can get some sleep tonight.
There's no pain that being unconscious won't fix.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: January 24, 2018, 11:14:05 pm »

Except the pain that keeps from from becoming unconscious.

Not so incidentally, I think I'm less sick than I was a few days ago, now. Still largely feel like I'm only technically not dead, though, and I think it might have became even more difficult to stand up straight, but most illness signs seem to reduced to some extent.

Just hoping the sporadic new taste is from a medicine switchover and not my throat deciding it's finally time for horned lizard cosplay in an attempt to confuse my cough reflex (to be fair, if my throat started spontaneously generating lizard eyeballs and squirting blood there'd be a lot more than my cough reflex becoming confused).

Also hoping yesterday's fuck your sleep sinus headache doesn't decide tonight is a good day for round two. Because I'm sick, and my sleep really doesn't need that right now. Not even if it's actual fucking. I want my lungs back first.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: January 25, 2018, 02:29:06 am »

Social exhaustion, a funeral for a distant but kind "relative", and some family awkardness that would be hard to explain.  Plus just plain avoiding certain family members, still.

Didn't all happen today, but today I got particularly dour and sarcastic about it all.  Still had a nice time with friends, but even more exhausted afterwards.

I almost wrote yesterday up in the dream thread because I was in shock over it.  It wasn't bad, just bizarre.  Getting a gift of expensive dress clothes, filling out an inane job application in a Planet Fitness for a watch shop, finding a DDR knock-off with only diagonals...  Then today...

Everything is uncomfortable.  Part of me wants to stop thinking for a couple days, but my spiteful side wants to keep going and see what happens.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: January 25, 2018, 03:33:38 am »

Gosh. That does sound like an ordeal.

Speaking of dreams, I've had a few interesting, possibly really good ones lately, but I never seem to get around to writing/typing them down/up. Or, if I do, I never finish it. Blah.
Also it is kinda ridiculously hot here. I have been sweating all day. I used to enjoy such weather, but now since I've been trying to gain weight and get in shape it feels as though the life is getting sucked out of me by such weather, along with any gains. Plus, how am I supposed to motivate myself to exercise? Not to mention eat enough food? x_X   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: January 25, 2018, 09:54:44 am »

That definitely sounds like asthma to me.
Source: has asthma.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: January 25, 2018, 11:53:26 am »

Gosh. That does sound like an ordeal.
It *shouldn't* be, it's all mundane stuff!  First-world-problems at worst.  Yet here I am freaking out like some spoiled rich kid or something.  I guess that's why I'm so determined to keep going, rather than take a couple days for myself.  (I don't live with them, I'm actively visiting them every couple days because "lol you make your own hours right?  Come help with X!")
Speaking of dreams, I've had a few interesting, possibly really good ones lately, but I never seem to get around to writing/typing them down/up. Or, if I do, I never finish it. Blah.
Also it is kinda ridiculously hot here. I have been sweating all day. I used to enjoy such weather, but now since I've been trying to gain weight and get in shape it feels as though the life is getting sucked out of me by such weather, along with any gains. Plus, how am I supposed to motivate myself to exercise? Not to mention eat enough food? x_X   
I try to type up and save interesting dreams, even if I don't post them here for obvious reasons.  Lots of family stuff, sometimes insightful and sometimes painfully direct.

I feel the same way about hot weather, bleh.  Amusingly it was in the humid 70's/22C the last couple of days, which is unusual for the dead of our winter heh.  The weather here is pretty randumb though.

Honestly I mostly "exercise" by walking for Pokemon GO, still.  That or hiking to a convenience store (though the one near me now is too close).  Always having some reason besides an abstract need to exercise.
Heh, my dad literally just asked me to hit the gym with him...  I guess that's good too :P  (The gym's 3 minutes from that nightmarish diagonal DDR machine, heh.  I will master its insane dream-geometry!  Or run out of points on this arcade card and never come back!)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: January 25, 2018, 12:35:19 pm »

I have caught the flu everyone else has caught in our country. Sad. I never catch the flu. But now I did. Lots of coughing, it's a nasty airway flu. I must be getting old.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: January 25, 2018, 03:13:24 pm »

I'm sick, I have a fever, I'm tired and shaky on my feet. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna let it beat me!
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: January 26, 2018, 01:31:10 am »

Made pulled pork for dinner, cooked it for like 7 hours. Its fucking deliciius.

But at the last minute we ran out of propane and now im cooking the fries and beans on the wood stove, which is not easy. I should have seen this coming These fries are meh. Damnit
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 01:38:44 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: January 27, 2018, 03:11:03 am »

Made pulled pork for dinner, cooked it for like 7 hours. Its fucking deliciius.

But at the last minute we ran out of propane and now im cooking the fries and beans on the wood stove, which is not easy. I should have seen this coming These fries are meh. Damnit
Ooh, what sauce did you cook it in, barbecue-wise?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: January 27, 2018, 05:32:13 am »

Fuck I hate people right now. Also my phone is almost flat.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: January 27, 2018, 03:21:06 pm »

Sounds like mom has quit her job finally. I saw this coming, but theres no reason her coworkers couldnt step up and work their scheduled hours instead of leaving it to her. Im gonna go pick her up and maybe we can see a movie or something
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: January 30, 2018, 09:26:35 am »

I accidentally updated Instagram and now it is ugly as sin and far less user friendly.
Booze is Life for Yoink

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: February 01, 2018, 08:40:00 pm »

Facebook group of DC fans is planning on flooding Black Panther with negative reviews, before its even out yet.

Why do they care?  Its not like Marvel movies being well recieved prevents DC from making movies. Or vice versa.  The two can coexist.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: February 02, 2018, 04:37:21 pm »

I fucked up on simple math today. It was in a conversation and I had to quickly think of the answer to "3 x 12" and the obvious answer is 36, but what came out of my mouth was "26, no! I mean 29!" and then I realized I was wrong again a second later, but I was too embarrassed to amend what I had just said. Making alot of really obvious errors today.
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 779