Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1080719 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #3660 on: February 14, 2018, 12:28:59 pm »

I'm pretty much a crotchety old man by forum standards, both in time since signing up, and also just plain age.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: February 14, 2018, 12:49:09 pm »

I'm no crotchety man yet, but I've put my hours in here. It's been sad seeing some people disappear even though I started lurking more again thanks to some bouts of crippling depression and general embarrassment of abandoning some awesome forum games because of it.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: February 14, 2018, 02:49:54 pm »

A little over four years for me. I've gotten quieter over the years, but I like to think it's because I'm not a hyperactive goofball like I was when I was 13, rather than growing distant from the forum.
Haven't seen Vector for a while. I think I've seen Tiruin somewhat recently...

Can't recall Owlbread, I think I've seen Scriver a few times, Hanslanda or whatever his name is? Can't recall if he visited GD much.

Personally, I'm spending more time on Reddit now.
Vector wiped out a couple months' worth of posts and said goodbye. Probably won't be coming back anytime soon :\ Tiruin posts now and then but seems to spend most of her time on the discord.

Can't stand Reddit at large, myself. I used to be really into it, but nowadays I check the front page once or twice a day and leave.

Spoiler: Reddit rant (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: February 17, 2018, 02:46:27 am »

[...]
[...]
Vector wiped out a couple months' worth of posts and said goodbye. Probably won't be coming back anytime soon :\ Tiruin posts now and then but seems to spend most of her time on the discord.[...]
I'm still pretty much active here! :P Just additional busyness and the like, but given that this is both my first forum and that I've met a lot of great people who impacted my life even with the tiniest, nice things, I'm not going away unless something major happens that stops me. :P

And Vector is doing well last I heard; they're going about with their life, overcoming steps that brought them down before, and generally being awesome.

If you do really miss them and want to communicate--just send a message, like writing a letter. There's no guarantee it'll be answered, but these things are received anyway.

Also I'm only on discord because it saves everything I write (Ok that, and there are also a lot of y'all over there making it a nice place too). >_> IRC deletes everything, which is good in a way, but with my spotty internet, I dislike having any messages I take the time to write and flesh out from thought, only to have it die midway and get deleted forever because of bad connectivity. :-\

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: February 17, 2018, 08:47:31 am »

Hhrrrrrrrrm.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hhrrrrrrrrm.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 11:26:41 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: February 18, 2018, 03:43:53 am »

Goddamn it why am the one having to take the lead and motivate these excruciatingly lazy people to get their arses in gear? So stressful.
Despite my efforts we are running extremely late, and I feel bad for the other friend whose event we are late for. o_o;
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: February 27, 2018, 12:02:50 pm »

Hm, the PC Powerplay forums closed down last december. I hadn't been there in years, but I used to be active there about 8 years ago. It's not totally suprising but still a bit of a shock.

PC Powerplay is a tech magazine in Australia. I used to get them frequently for demos and the build-your-computer sections. Though the last time I bought an issue was in 2016 since their hardware write ups are well done in my experience.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: March 01, 2018, 11:44:11 am »

Bills and rent and shit all dropping at once, fark.
Just when I thought I might finally have been on track to get my finances under control...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: March 02, 2018, 12:28:36 pm »

Sick as fuck today but have to work because everyone else is sick as fuck/injured/preoccupied too

Hope the customers like rhino virus and phlem with their brake pads
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: March 02, 2018, 12:45:50 pm »

There's a Bay12 Discord? I wish I knew.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: March 02, 2018, 01:04:55 pm »

There are several out there with varying degrees of active participants.
I think that there was some beef between some of the discords so they aren’t discussed here much
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: March 02, 2018, 01:16:52 pm »

Encountered a shiny Chancey in Pokemon Ultra Moon. Accidentally one-hit KO'd it because I used the wrong move.
(The proper move wasn't even on my active Pokemon, but that didn't stop my brain's autopilot.)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 01:20:13 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: March 02, 2018, 04:09:54 pm »

Man fuck winter weather and bronchitis

My head is going to explode. My lungs already have
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: March 02, 2018, 11:41:04 pm »

Encountered a shiny Chancey in Pokemon Ultra Moon. Accidentally one-hit KO'd it because I used the wrong move.
(The proper move wasn't even on my active Pokemon, but that didn't stop my brain's autopilot.)
I remember the only shiny pokemon I ever encountered was an Eevee in SoulSilver. It was in the Battle Castle so I couldn't catch it. Good times.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: March 03, 2018, 06:46:52 am »

When you finally get some extra cash to spend and you decide that it's goddamn time you got that gundam model you've wanted for years now. But as it turns out, the universe at large is having none of that, since the sites you've checked are either not shipping to your country, have stupidly high shipping or in case of the suprisingly cheapest option amazon, don't accept paypal :V

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 792