Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1071417 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #11805 on: August 13, 2024, 04:07:46 pm »

... wait, do you mean sugar or salt?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11806 on: August 13, 2024, 05:17:48 pm »

Sugar. I weigh 60kg at 178cm and I don't think I'm doing too hot. I doubt I could survive 24h without water. It doesn't help what my last job did to my mental health... Especially now in the tourist season I've simply turned around a bunch of times if a store is filled with too many bicycle pants wearing cheeseheads, the alternative being me cussing them out because I'm hangry, and it's not like I don't hate them, but I'd rather not.
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11807 on: August 13, 2024, 06:32:17 pm »

Huh. Sugar doesn't tend to make me thirsty, I don't think? Salt absolutely does, but if sugar has that effect I haven't noticed very well...

Quick look does suggest it (well, the processed stuff, less so carbs in general) basically functions as a diuretic in high amounts, though, so yeah, it could cause problems if you're not keeping on top of the hydration.

But yeah, sugar's one of the few things that's in nearly as much as salt, heh. It's hard to get away from. If you're trying to get away from it, best of luck, you're going to need it :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11808 on: August 13, 2024, 07:35:30 pm »

Humans like our white flavour crystals.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11809 on: August 13, 2024, 07:54:37 pm »

Well it's been like 15 years ever since I've menaged to pin some renal pains down to grenadine consumption, that I am able to tell the general glycemic indexiness of things. But to organise better shopping is such a hopeless cause.

"I'm going shopping do you want anything?" will yield vaguely related article "that's all they had". A word too much might ruin stuff forever so it's better to say nothing. Like why do keep buying the spicy flavor ramens none of us eats them they keep piling up while all the other flavors circulate, but say that and now it's a brand that none touches. I think that's kind of the goal. There is some sort of food anxiety intermingled. Often I will say that's too much, like  2 donuts or whatever would have been plenty. "HaVe YoU eVeR cOnSiDeReD I mIgHt wAnT tO hAvE oNe tOo". To which I will then proceed to withdraw the entirely predictable amount of 1 out of 3 (somtimes 4) donuts, pieces of cake cinnaroll whatever. As I do. I often complain about too much sugar in my diet. But if I had a nickel for every "have you considered..." I would ruthlessly farm the shit out of that, we'd have a private cook and the thing would be a perpetuum mobile. They can't help themselves. They also only eat one....

This is not even the same person ,but have you ever gotten sick of icecream.... not like that's enough icream... more like fucking icecream again?! Trust me you go out there, and try to grease some palms that might be busy otherwise, with a cute little dose of corruption, oh an icecream how nice, who doesn't like icecream, yeah repeat that for a whole summer everyday. God icecream is an obnoxious gift. Eat now godspeed or sticky fingers.

And it's like ugh... I have enough issues and idiosyncrasies about food as is, texture and autism, and how I'm unable to establish a dietary routine without a sugar kickstart in the morning, and a pop with the big meal in the evening... Allready have a hard time using my brain instead of speedrunning through the bright noisy supermarket in some amygdalic rush. And also my last job convinced that basically everybody is an ennemy. None of this is a good start. It's unreasonable for me to have to deal with the boomer shit above. A piece of cake is fine and dandy, exceed for something truely delicious, be thirsty a few hours whatever, never said I was a rolemodel... But there is like just of the top of my head m&m's, twix, more national chocolatey and candy stuff, 2 types of icecream. And I know with confidence, except for 1 of these 2 icecreams, none of these products will visibly diminish in quantity unless I touch'em.

Having the shelves filled with food, albeit stuff nobody wants, make me feel like a silly spoiled brat when in the supermarket, I tend to walk out like a particular sausage or  cheese I want to put on my bread it in that very instant and that's it.
let

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11810 on: August 15, 2024, 10:06:04 am »

I think I have a chest infection. Got a slight cough, a bit of tightness in the chest, a faint wheeze, and there's some blood in the mucus I'm coughing up.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11811 on: August 15, 2024, 11:59:21 am »

I think I have a chest infection. Got a slight cough, a bit of tightness in the chest, a faint wheeze, and there's some blood in the mucus I'm coughing up.

Sounds like me when I had covid in 2019. My issue was I was coughing so much I think I tore/inflamed my throat and had blood in my mucus. Do you have a sore throat to go with it?

Definitely time to see the doctor. Although when I went and reported by symptoms their reply was "What? You want a chest xray or something?"
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11812 on: August 15, 2024, 02:04:11 pm »

Sounds like me when I had covid in 2019. My issue was I was coughing so much I think I tore/inflamed my throat and had blood in my mucus. Do you have a sore throat to go with it?

Definitely time to see the doctor. Although when I went and reported by symptoms their reply was "What? You want a chest xray or something?"

Throat feels just slightly itchy, the cough itself isn't bad (yet) so I haven't irritated my throat yet. There's a catch in my breath, and a pinch when I swallow, and a telltale heavy feeling to my chest. Haven't coughed up any more blood after the first batch, so maybe it was from a nosebleed or something that went into my trachea rather than out the front without me noticing.

So far it feels a lot like the last chest infection I had. Tired, itchy throat, heavy feeling, catch in the breath, bit wheezy. If I cough up any blood in the morning I'll call my doctor and see if they can fit me in. Last time a few days of antibiotics cleared it up, but I don't really have anything to do anyway so I can convalesce and recover without them without much worry.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11813 on: August 16, 2024, 06:42:37 am »

My headphones started to break, again, I should have bought a repairable high quality pair long ago, but I will start now
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11814 on: August 16, 2024, 09:54:03 am »

Sennheiser Hd25 is not quite what it used to be 10-15 years back, and when they were sold for 150 quids with the ring cable included, made in ireland. The old one reacts better to cleaning products , tho neither headpad likes alcohol. But fundamentally it's still the same headphone. My first pair still works flawless too, but I just snatched up another a year back, they will not become cheaper.

Sound isolation surprisingly good, (they don't look like it), pretty joyful and pronounced on the percussions, maybe not the most neutral there is, but just excellent. An evergreen among djs for a reason.
let

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #11815 on: August 16, 2024, 11:07:44 am »

my new antidepressant does not seem to manage my anxiety well, given that my nerves are on fire, my brain wants to climb out of my skull, there's a constant low-grade sense of peril, and i have doubts/criticisms about myself for doing something so brazen as 'trying to enjoy my time simply for the pleasure of it'

since, uh,

wednesday?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11816 on: August 16, 2024, 02:11:55 pm »

Probably need to give it some time for the loading dose to get into your system?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11817 on: August 16, 2024, 04:15:43 pm »

my new antidepressant does not seem to manage my anxiety well, given that my nerves are on fire, my brain wants to climb out of my skull, there's a constant low-grade sense of peril, and i have doubts/criticisms about myself for doing something so brazen as 'trying to enjoy my time simply for the pleasure of it'

since, uh,

wednesday?

Haha, same, and I don't even take antidepressants!
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11818 on: August 21, 2024, 11:56:46 am »

It feels like my sense of empathy's beginning to fade some. Not in some "Oh God I'm turning into a psycho" way, but I don't feel like I'm empathising with people as well as I used to. I don't know if it's university that's doing that to me, or my SSRIs, or just me growing older or what.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11819 on: August 21, 2024, 12:25:06 pm »

I tend to become less empathetic when I’m in a bad mood.

I have gotten more “selfish” in as I get older, but it’s more about looking after myself than lacking care for others.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 792