Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1072628 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #11790 on: August 06, 2024, 11:10:30 am »

First Jitsu session in two months. It was good, but everything hurts right now.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11791 on: August 07, 2024, 06:39:16 am »

I think my ADHD medication I use are completely ineffective now, I get constantly distracted, I write this as a distraction from a distraction, it took me 3 hours from the moment I woke up to just make myself breakfast.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11792 on: August 07, 2024, 05:04:04 pm »

Put a pebble near your toes in your sock. It will distract your from your distractions.

edit: to be clear, the intent is to use the annoyance of pebble-stabs like a reminder of what you are doing, much like when another person is there reminding you to "get back to work".
« Last Edit: August 07, 2024, 05:16:44 pm by anewaname »
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11793 on: August 08, 2024, 04:11:18 am »

So, contractors are gearing up for the big plumbing renovation project in my apartment building... Today was, as per the schedule, the day they were gonna change the locks out. Tomorrow they're laying down the protective coverings for dust/scratches.

...well, lock dude showed up this morning, and promptly informed me that they were starting with the tarping today in order to get all the apartments covered in time. "So if you could clear the zone for them to do that, that'd be great."

You mean the thing I'd arranged for help to come over this afternoon to do, so everything would be ready for tomorrow when you're starting the covering? Do you mean that?

The project hasn't even properly started yet and they've already had at least two deviations from the given timeline. Which just keeps bringing me back to the orientational meeting where someone asked "if something deviates from the timeline, how far ahead of time will we be informed?" and the project manager's full answer was "It won't deviate. [knocks on wood]"

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11794 on: August 08, 2024, 07:42:56 am »

That'd definitely be a "well, if y'all want to help clear it now instead of the folks I've got scheduled to later this afternoon, we can get things done earlier than I was told to have it ready", heh. It's their problem you're not prescient, not yours, y'know?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11795 on: August 08, 2024, 10:39:50 am »

Ahh, that would be a lot easier were it not for 1) The apartment being in an absolute state unfit for human observation, and 2) My inability to not immediately absorb all blame for anything as soon as there's an opportunity for it. Working on both those parts!

Also they ended up not making it to my apartment today anyway, so yay.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11796 on: August 08, 2024, 11:53:46 pm »

I spilled two whole scoops of icecream on the carpet and had to throw it away it was covered in dog fur ;-;
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11797 on: August 09, 2024, 06:23:19 am »

Had to is a strong word :P

but yeah don't eat carpet cream, iced or otherwise
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11798 on: August 09, 2024, 09:37:34 am »

What, you're not a fan of Furberry Icecream?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11799 on: August 09, 2024, 11:18:38 pm »

Didnt even offer it to the dog smh
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11800 on: August 09, 2024, 11:33:41 pm »

The dog got to lick up the mess, so they did.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2024, 11:35:43 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11801 on: August 10, 2024, 08:10:21 pm »

Been playing a little bit of Oxygen Not Included.  It's a fine enough game, but I really like existing and watching my pops just go about their business.  ONI wants me to constantly be fiddling with systems.

Kind of want to download some dwarf fortress, but kind of dont want to crack into that onion right now.  Besides, I definitely do not want to play with a mouse.  I have a numberpad and that suffices for all my needs lol.

I think I started moving away from DF once the attacks stopped coming, back when they became tied to actual pops and had to march.  Anyone know if the raids are worth a damn?  I seem to remember if I buffed the hell out of necromancers I could get a bunch of zombie sieges, at least that something.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11802 on: August 10, 2024, 08:57:58 pm »

Last time I played (a little bit ago?) goblin sieges were pretty small and infrequent, but underground animal people raids had somewhat taken over as the reliable raids. Although eventually they become too reliable and it became a literal constant stream of animal people flooding though the underground, I couldn't even clear away their corpses because by the time one wave died another had already appeared and started dying, which was a bit too much and sorta ruined the underground (like, what's the point of monster slayers if they are going to either be unable to enter the underground or you have to cut off access to it so enemies can't enter?)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2024, 10:01:36 pm by Criptfeind »

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11803 on: August 11, 2024, 08:28:07 am »

I found a basic arithmetic error in my budget that I didn't catch for three months.

I'm upset at myself for not catching the basic math error...

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11804 on: August 13, 2024, 12:50:56 pm »

God fucking hell I will probably need to start drinking olive oil from the bottle... How is everybody that has their nutrition tied to mine, even it's just like once every two months, so utterly utterly unsusceptible to sugar. HOW ARE YOU NOT ALL DYING OF THIRST. PLEASE FEED ME SOMETHING ELSE THAN SUGAR.
let
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 792