Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Diplomacy: Austrian Victory in Fall 1908!  (Read 16069 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy: Fall 1908: Diplomacy phase. Waitlist open!
« Reply #195 on: April 04, 2016, 11:25:42 pm »

Yikes. And to think someone suggested an alliance earlier on that fell on deaf ears. Hindsight.
...Man, I have only been betrayed in this game, except for France. Bullshit hindsight. I saw this coming as soon as he took Moscow. I knew I was doomed.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy: Fall 1908: Order Submission phase. Waitlist open!
« Reply #196 on: April 05, 2016, 02:20:26 am »

Fall 1908: (Turn 16)
Order Submission Phase: 25 hours remain.
Spoiler: Map: (click to show/hide)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 05, 2016, 08:18:05 am »

I think I'm good with surrendering at this point. Outcome of the game is pretty clear, and it's causing me more stress than enjoyment by this stage. Sorry guys, and well-played, Kashyyk.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 05, 2016, 03:16:40 pm »

I'll second the motion and vote for an Austrian victory as well.  With England continuing their attack on Germany, I'm not seeing any chance at a win.  Italy will be destroyed in two turns regardless of anything I do, and from there Austria can cherrypick any combination of German and Turkish SCs to finish the game.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 05, 2016, 03:17:41 pm »

Never surrender.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 06, 2016, 11:03:43 pm »

Never surrender.
Yes. NEVER surrender. The mere thought is heresy! In all seriousness, I'd be down for the next instalment. I'm going to be that guy and say I'd like to see how minor RP elements would fit into this design, however, I'm not going to be that guy and rave about it. I'm in for the next no matter what its mechanics are.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 11:11:24 pm by Lermfish »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 06, 2016, 11:12:14 pm »

Did I submit orders?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 06, 2016, 11:27:25 pm »

I'd be down for the next instalment. I'm going to be that guy and say I'd like to see how minor RP elements would fit into this design, however, I'm not going to be that guy and rave about it. I'm in for the next no matter what its mechanics are.
You're on the waitlist, so no worries. What did you have in mind? I wouldn't mind hearing your raving; shoot me a PM!

Did I submit orders?
Yes. I am working on the turn as we speak.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 06, 2016, 11:32:06 pm »

Ah, so that's how the vote went.  Well, we can always try it again in two more turns, I suppose. :P

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy: Austrian Victory in Fall 1908!
« Reply #204 on: April 07, 2016, 02:08:36 am »

Fall 1908: (Turn 16)
Spoiler: Orders (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Order Map (click to show/hide)

WAR REPORT
GERMANY, ENGLAND & TURKEY SURRENDER! Facing the approaching Austrian armies, Germany, England and Turkey agreed to lay down arms. The negotiations are still underway, but sources indicate that the concessions made to pacify Austrian aggression will be steep. The fallout of this war will be felt for many years to come.
ITALY FIGHTS TO THE DEATH, GETS SMACKED! Italian high command has publically declared multiple times that they will not surrender even in the face of certain doom, but vastly outnumbered and driven back to their final Nepalese stronghold, The War Report cannot envision a scenario where it survives through 1909.
WAR REPORT PRINTS LAST ISSUE! With the cessation of hostilities, the War Report is shutting its doors. The editors wish to thank all of our staff for their bravery in reporting from the front lines of the war. They have set the standard of 3 A.M. fake journalism for the world. The editors would also like to thank all of our readers who skimmed the articles we barely put any work into: you made this possible.

And thus concludes our game of Diplomacy. Thank you everyone for playing, I've really enjoyed running this game, and I hoped that you have enjoyed it also. If you have any feed back, whatsoever, I would be delighted to hear it, since I am planning on putting together another game shortly. I'll put a thread together about it tomorrow, but in the meantime, discuss the game; I'm eager to hear what went down behind the scenes.
Also, a question for the next game.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 07, 2016, 03:30:34 am »

Well played everyone, and thank you for being part of my first victory at Diplomacy!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 07, 2016, 09:16:24 am »

My war with Germany was supposed to be fake - Austria was courting me for an alliance and I hoped to draw them into a false position. Unfortunately, communications broke down and the only recourse I had was to try grabbing as much as I could.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 07, 2016, 09:27:57 am »

Ah well, trying to be clever resulted in silliness. Whoops.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 07, 2016, 10:02:03 am »

My war with Germany was supposed to be fake - Austria was courting me for an alliance and I hoped to draw them into a false position. Unfortunately, communications broke down and the only recourse I had was to try grabbing as much as I could.
That makes a lot of sense in retrospect, actually. I was wondering what had happened in France.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 07, 2016, 12:00:43 pm »

Blue and grey could've allied, with yellow pulling some double-agent shit and helping them out. Italy wouldn't have fared better, but I believe that red would've been neutered heavily, allowing for a shift in power. T'was fun to read, and I look forward to Immaterial beating another game. I'm thinking of getting into these forum/strategy games so I can take a break from SGs for a while. Props to Material for doing all the numbers behind the curtain, and to the players for putting their brains to work and trying to dominate Europe!

Further Thoughts: I'm honestly curious as to what could come of these kinds of games. I wonder if RP elements -- no matter how light -- could work, and I also look forward to how the question we were asked will bring about more fun-ness. I should probably re-read the rules, lest I mess up and look like an idiot. Anyway, this isn't the place for rambling, so, curious rant over.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 12:08:16 pm by Lermfish »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15