Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006828 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #9660 on: March 12, 2019, 08:29:57 am »

I watched the CGP Grey video about Brexit and... what is it with English speaking first world countries struggling and failing to build a wall around themselves?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9661 on: March 12, 2019, 09:46:01 am »

I watched the CGP Grey video about Brexit and... what is it with English speaking first world countries struggling and failing to build a wall around themselves?
Bad architects. :3
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9662 on: March 12, 2019, 10:10:56 am »

Bad architects. :3
Post-modernist architects can't for the life of them use stone or right angles, of course they can't build a wall - you need to design it to be made of glass, in oblong shapes overhanging the sea for no reason

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9663 on: March 12, 2019, 10:11:49 am »

Just get some chinese to do it (tho be wary of those gosh darned mongorians while you're at it)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9664 on: March 12, 2019, 10:51:26 am »

What's the point of it all
If you're building a wall...
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9665 on: March 12, 2019, 10:52:13 am »

All in all, we're just another hole in the wall

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9666 on: March 12, 2019, 12:47:27 pm »

I'm guessing from your conclusion that you've watched an extremely biased video.
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9667 on: March 12, 2019, 12:57:11 pm »

I'm guessing from your conclusion that you've watched an extremely biased video.

I don't really have an opinion on Brexit, European politics is more impenetrable to your average American layperson than even American Politics; so I can't really judge what's going on over there as it all seems steeped in tradition and history that isn't at all obvious to anyone on the outside. Maybe there's a good reason for wanting to break away from the EU, but to uneducated ol' me it just seems like reactionary isolationism.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9668 on: March 12, 2019, 01:13:20 pm »

There may be a bit of a culture clash involved, but 90% of it is definetly the same reactionary isolationism and right wing nationalism that we've been seeing on the rise in the US and in Europe and elsewhere.

In other Brexit related news (besides the impending vote today), when I saw this, my first thought was 'Whatever happened to the IRA laying down arms and making peace?', but it sounds like maybe it's a new group that has co-opted the IRA name.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9669 on: March 12, 2019, 01:34:16 pm »

my first thought was 'Whatever happened to the IRA laying down arms and making peace?', but it sounds like maybe it's a new group that has co-opted the IRA name.

There are at least 4-5 different IRAs at any given time. They're all the real IRA, including the Real IRA.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9670 on: March 12, 2019, 02:00:08 pm »

I didn't know that. I'd only heard of the one which laid down arms and made peace years ago.

I've been seeing on The Guardians liveblog and maybe the BBC liveblog from at least two different sources that May could lose the vote by 100 to 150. Not as bad as the 220 or so last time, but still, ouch.

edit: And now they're voting.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 02:02:40 pm by smjjames »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9671 on: March 12, 2019, 02:04:16 pm »

I didn't know that. I'd only heard of the one which laid down arms and made peace years ago.
Don't worry about it; it's difficult even for the Irish to keep track of. I'm pretty sure the members themselves aren't entirely sure which kind of IRA they're in half the time.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9672 on: March 12, 2019, 02:09:12 pm »

Yea, still an issue. I had a few off-days at school because of local bomb scares.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9673 on: March 12, 2019, 03:36:11 pm »

I don't really have an opinion on Brexit, European politics is more impenetrable to your average American layperson than even American Politics; so I can't really judge what's going on over there as it all seems steeped in tradition and history that isn't at all obvious to anyone on the outside. Maybe there's a good reason for wanting to break away from the EU, but to uneducated ol' me it just seems like reactionary isolationism.
There may be a bit of a culture clash involved, but 90% of it is definetly the same reactionary isolationism and right wing nationalism that we've been seeing on the rise in the US and in Europe and elsewhere.

Well, to begin with, you are equalling wanting to have a sovereign country with isolationalism, which is like. Literally imperialist logic.
Love, scriver~

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9674 on: March 12, 2019, 03:42:36 pm »

So, how much sovereignty have you guys actually lost by joining the EU, and what do you need it back for?
(it's a serious question)
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 793