Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 795

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1068932 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #7455 on: January 08, 2018, 01:13:27 pm »

Lol, making fun of a massacre. Thank you Sinn Fein MP.
Party colleague Máirtín Ó Muilleoir has also apologised for retweeting the video.

He said he saw the tweet as being "wholly apolitical and retweeted it on that basis".
oi |:<

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7456 on: January 08, 2018, 01:22:59 pm »

Not sure if you're trying to say his excuse is believable or not.

For me it's laughably transparent.

Also, O'Neill on th TV - "to the Kingsmills victims' families I apologise, as representative of Sinn Fein in the North"

Nice wee barb in your direct address to people who are suffering.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7457 on: January 08, 2018, 01:32:57 pm »

For me it's laughably transparent.

Also, O'Neill on th TV - "to the Kingsmills victims' families I apologise, as representative of Sinn Fein in the North"

Nice wee barb in your direct address to people who are suffering.

Uh, I don't get the bard? Is it the use of North?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7458 on: January 08, 2018, 01:37:20 pm »

Yep. As I'm sure you can imagine, it's a very politically charged way of referring to Northern Ireland.

Though I'm also sure many would laugh up their sleeves given the similarity to the country's official name, it's still bad terminology when speaking to Protestants, and an addendum unneeded in her sentence.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7459 on: January 08, 2018, 01:44:27 pm »

I'm saying his friend's excuse that it's apolitical is nonsense

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7460 on: January 08, 2018, 01:49:06 pm »

The use of Sinn Fein may also be percieved as a barb (though he IS a Sinn Fein MP) since Sinn Fein is/was the political arm of the now disbanded IRA.

Just another politician doing something dumb and insensitive really.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7461 on: January 09, 2018, 03:35:11 am »

The use of Sinn Fein may also be percieved as a barb (though he IS a Sinn Fein MP) since Sinn Fein is/was the political arm of the now disbanded IRA.

Just another politician doing something dumb and insensitive really.

That's dumb, he's saying he's apologizing as a member of Sinn Fein because it was a massacre made by the IRA. That's the point of him apologizing.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7462 on: January 09, 2018, 04:48:43 am »

Her. Michelle O'Neill took over IRA-leader McGuinness' place. Her father and two cousins were in the IRA.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7463 on: January 13, 2018, 10:13:49 pm »

Crossposting from Ameripol since this is British people doing it, but were in the name of Trump.

This is the best headline of 2018 - https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-supporters-attempt-to-arrest-london-mayor/ar-AAuDxQJ

That thing went from plain silly to outright disturbing, they had brought a gallows to the area where Sadiq Khan was speaking. Not sure if it was the same group or a different one, but you really can't speculate very far what they might have intended to do with the mayor of London.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7464 on: January 14, 2018, 07:52:24 am »

That thing went from plain silly to outright disturbing, they had brought a gallows to the area where Sadiq Khan was speaking. Not sure if it was the same group or a different one, but you really can't speculate very far what they might have intended to do with the mayor of London.
BBC news with the edited direct source because the hill is beyond dog shite. Purpose seems clear: Disrupt his speech, there were 3-4 of them and they got salto that they were kicked out 15 minutes in lol. Don't know where the gallows thing comes from, it's something I've only found appear in the Hill and Washington Post, now why these Washington based news agencies have information that no one in Britain has, is probably just a lil bit of embellishment: They want to sell clicks, they want to make it seem like our Mayor was gonna be assassinated. These chuckle fucks were disrespectful and couldn't get the US flag the right way around for their own protest, but the UK has not descended into lawlessness, least not of all in London

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7465 on: January 14, 2018, 08:48:27 am »

Mr McElduff has apologised and said he did not realise there could be a possible link between the bread brand and the anniversary.

what a fucking liar. No its just a wacky coincidence you posted a video of you wearing kingsmill bread with the branding clearly visible on the anniversary of the kingsmill massacre

If you're going to mock one of the largest mass shootings in the Troubles at least have the fucking spine to not immediately say "uh um no I wasnt honest mistake guv Q_Q"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7466 on: January 14, 2018, 11:07:11 am »

To further salt the wound, Sinn Fein is "punishing" him by giving him a few months suspended on full pay. Despite him not having any governmental obligations anyway.

The Republican party has a good propaganda machine, and are very fond of using the mantra of equality and respect. When it suits them.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7467 on: January 14, 2018, 11:26:39 am »

They are politicians. They have a base they don’t want to alienate, and the troubles are still within living memory for a lot of people on both sides. They need to be seen to do something to appease outsiders without actually really doing anything to appease their base.

Political leadership 101.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7468 on: January 14, 2018, 11:54:19 am »

Yes, their base probably doesn't mind that he mocked a massacre. Nor do the politicians who they are represented by. That is the problem.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7469 on: January 14, 2018, 12:08:07 pm »

They are politicians. They have a base they don’t want to alienate, and the troubles are still within living memory for a lot of people on both sides. They need to be seen to do something to appease outsiders without actually really doing anything to appease their base.

Political leadership 101.
They would do well to not forget the 'leadership' in 'political leadership.' Being an ineffectual leader is a common political mistake, its commonness amongst politicians is no path to desire. It tests the patience of your political base, which we saw in the UK from 2015-to now; assuming people are going to support you and all your uselessness because you studied politics in Oxbridge is a surefire way to accelerate your decline, a political base becomes discontent. In this case? If your cause is a United Ireland, one of the principle obstacles is the disunity of Ireland sown in the blood of the past. If you can't even accept whether the IRA did the massacre you will never achieve this goal. It's salt in the wound, no one in Sinn Fein refusing to take responsibility for the actions of their party MP.

And then you get to the politics. Accepting that their MP was wrong for mocking the survivors of a massacre is one thing, but giving them paid leave instead of any disciplinary action? It's politics 101, it's a compromise in a situation which should not beget compromise, because this will not please anyone. Does it please the victims, or does it please their base? No it pleases no one. It is the Logan Paul of apologies.

Have deleted video post. Had not realised or imagined for a second any possible link between product brand name and Kingsmill Anniversary.
Further, I apologise for any hurt or offence caused. Never my intention to offend anyone who has suffered grievously.
I made a severe and continuous lapse in my judgement, and I don’t expect to be forgiven. I’m simply here to apologise.
What we came across in the woods that day was obviously unplanned. The reactions you saw on tape were raw; they were unfiltered. None of us knew how to react or how to feel. I should have never posted the video. I should have put the cameras down and stopped recording what we were going through.
There's a lot of things I should have done differently but I didn't. And for that, from the bottom of my heart, I am sorry.
Oh wait lmao, his apology was less sincere than Logan Paul

politics 101, less than Logan kills the nation
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 795