Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006827 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #5955 on: May 25, 2017, 08:24:19 am »

Quote from: Neonivek link=topic=155469.msg7465119#msg7465119
It doesn't make any sense within Swedish law for it to have gone down the way you put it.

It's almost as if there's something outrageous about the whole thing! I wonder what it could be!

Do you know why rape charge weren't brought up?

Nope, but Swedish police is currently falling apart in general, so it might as well have been that.

How was it a Rape case if there was no Rape Charge?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5956 on: May 25, 2017, 08:25:15 am »

I think this is devolving into one of those fruitless yes-no debates like I mentioned in the OP
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 08:45:32 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: May 25, 2017, 08:29:23 am »

The fuck are you going on about rape cases for? Read what I write if you want to have a discussion, otherwise I considers through with this.
Love, scriver~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5958 on: May 25, 2017, 08:33:54 am »

She was raped in Sweden. That's a goddamn given or there wouldn't be a case in Sweden, stop being so intentionally fucking obstinate.

I got it from that. Which was a counter for...

meaning his status would be her guardian

As in the case isn't about that, it is about that counter. Which is why I thought you were constantly referring to it as a rape case and not a custody battle. So my mistake, I misinterpreted what you are saying and I apologize. HOWEVER!

Yeah I am still not buying your interpretation of the case that he is rapping her in Sweden and that is why the Custody battle was started.

There is absolutely nothing, no law, no legal document, no precedent, that could EVER acquit this man. The CLOSEST you could get is if he had plausible deniability.

Which is why I desperately need a second opinion. MAYBE Sweden's Age of Consent laws are just, guidelines or there is a huge loophole and you are 100% right and I am 150% wrong. But There is clear dubiousness in the scenario you written, that doesn't exist in the scenario where the sex occurred outside of Sweden.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 08:43:40 am by Neonivek »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: May 25, 2017, 08:45:53 am »

Meanwhile in France, one of the most popular tv show stars, Cyril Hanoua, has incurred the wrath of his audience and sponsors.
In his show Touche Pas à Mon Poste, he tricked homosexuals into his studio, by placing a contact ad on the Vivastreet website, describing himself as 'very sportive and of large size'.

Instead of having a date, the homosexuals that responded walked unknowingly into a live tv show.
Hanouna proceeded to ask, with a intentionally 'gay' voice, "are you a mason, Matthieu? Do you have a nice big trowel?"
Matthieu answered "I'd like to have you in a nice big concrete mixer".
The audience in the studio couldn't stop laughing, but the media guard dog CSA has so far recieved 30 thousand complaints of shocked viewers.
Dozens of large advesrtising companies have withdrawn their advertisements from the show.

Hanoua thrives on provocation. This isn't the first time he has sparked controversy. Before, there was outrage when he didn't interfere when one of his studio guest kissed the breasts of another studio guest, model Soraya.
On another occasion he pressured his regular guests, tv-show host Mathieu Delormeau, into admitting to being homosexual.
Yet another time he had Mathieu believe that he had accidentally killed someone, filming his reaction with a hidden camera.

Usually these provocations spark a short outburst of controverse, after which the fans call those that complain small-minded justice warriors, and things settle down.

This time however, it doesn't look like it will pass so easily.
According to gay rights organisation Le Refuge, one gay man has been thrown out of his house, after his father discovered on live tv that his son is gay.

Five days after the show, Hanoua publicly apologized, saying the sketch should never have been made. But the damage seems already done.
Large investors like Orange, Bosch, Chanel, Disneyland Paris, Decathlon and Peugeot-CitroënOrange have withdrawn their association with the show.
Last tuesday and wednesday, the show was aired without any commercials. Damage to the broadcasting service: 150 thousand euros per day.
It looks like this is end of career for Hanoua.
Newspaper Le Monde wonders: "Has Hanoua made one joke too many?"

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/-homograp-franse-televisiester-valt-helemaal-verkeerd-adverteerders-trekken-zich-terug~a4496984/
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 08:47:45 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5960 on: May 25, 2017, 08:47:47 am »

Yet another time he had Mathieu believe that he had accidentally killed someone, filming his reaction with a hidden camera

UMMM!!! O_O

---

Also I am SOOO glad that the controversy is that he is making fun of homosexuals and tricking them out of the closet and not "Homosexuals exist!?! PROPAGANDA!"
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 08:49:20 am by Neonivek »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: May 25, 2017, 08:56:19 am »

Oh, small correction. Apparently the gay men did not come to the studio in person, they responded by phone, and their call was on live tv.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: May 25, 2017, 09:31:15 am »

Oh, small correction. Apparently the gay men did not come to the studio in person, they responded by phone, and their call was on live tv.

Yeah, he basically created a fake profile on some gay dating site and then called the gays to make fun of them. They guy that was thrown out of his home was detected when his parents (who were watching the show) recognized his voice.

The guy also has a long history of homophobic jokes and generally seems obsessed with gays, according to some gay associations who counted his jokes at the expense of gays he pretty much cannot get through a show without one.

Also his "apology letter" only came after five days and when over 20 brand had pulled out of his show already, and after the CSA started an investigation. His defense for the first week was more "come on, it's just a joke".

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5963 on: May 25, 2017, 09:33:17 am »

France has shock jocks, who knew! /s

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: May 25, 2017, 09:45:53 am »

France got mentioned? Time for civil unrest/labor sstrikes/ultraviolent social upheaval!
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: May 25, 2017, 02:58:34 pm »

It's just a prank, frère!
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Necrothurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: May 26, 2017, 01:50:24 am »

Corbyn. :(
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 07:24:41 am by Necrothurge »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: May 26, 2017, 06:51:34 am »

The Phillipines being an ally of the US probably contributes to that.

What makes you think Corbyn is wrong?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: May 26, 2017, 12:35:14 pm »

Personally I think it's obvious that the United States bears most of the responsibility for the emergence of modern international terrorist organizations and the accompanying anti-western ideology, both through direct actions we've taken and the more indirect consequences of letting the CIA and military run wild for 70 years. The extent that Britain shares this blame is more fuzzy; obviously the massive colonial empire didn't help and among the empires Britain was most culpable in setting this shitstorm up in the Muslim world to start with, but I don't think they are necessarily an international target in the same sense as the United States is. The bombings and attacks in the UK seem to be essentially domestic terrorism from having a large muslim population that are easily radicalized in the current climate (helped by the UK's history and support of the US) despite organizations like ISIL trying to take credit, and I think that's what Corbyn was talking about.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5969 on: May 26, 2017, 01:17:22 pm »

the massive colonial empire didn't help and among the empires Britain was most culpable in setting this shitstorm up in the Muslim world to start with
Eh, dont forget that France ruled most of North Africa
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 793