Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 795

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1062700 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #4635 on: January 06, 2017, 09:24:02 am »

As I understand it, "boy" was one of the ways to condescendingly address black men during... I dunno, in the past. Therefore it is still loaded in ways which similar phrases such as "kid" or "son" or even "girl" is.
The West must die

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: January 06, 2017, 09:33:08 am »

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: January 06, 2017, 12:04:39 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Khazars are my favorite historical example of a country that was ruled by Jews, because it's such a weird quirk of history to have a bunch of medieval Turkic nomads converting to Judaism. They weren't a majority, but there's little difference between being a majority and being the ruling class, at least in this context, which is why it came to mind and I brought it up. I honestly had no idea there was this much Israeli and Muslim propaganda surrounding this topic; I linked it because that page is a fun read, like that of the article you linked on the Beta Israelis.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: January 06, 2017, 12:08:23 pm »

I just want to say I didn't know about Kingdom of Semien,  and appreciate you linking me to it, Vilanat.

Point still mostly stands, though. Very few countries have they been the majority. :/ Pogroms and shit have been happening to them for centuries.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: January 06, 2017, 05:00:08 pm »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4640 on: January 06, 2017, 05:35:50 pm »

Parody is exaggeration, that is just Sweden

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: January 06, 2017, 06:18:00 pm »

I see Sweden submariners are just desperate for good-looking foreign men to comfort their souls... and maybe something more than souls ;D
._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: January 06, 2017, 06:20:41 pm »

Great, now in 30 years every gay person in Sweden will be Russian.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4643 on: January 07, 2017, 08:47:40 pm »

I'm lost for words

this kills the nation
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 11:29:39 pm by Loud Whispers »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4645 on: January 08, 2017, 12:13:45 am »

Brietbart stirring up some trouble in Germany.
Update Monday, 12 noon: A night without respect at the main station.

The first signs of a restless night was that the federal police were called on New Year's Eve already at 18:35, when a New Year's Eve rocket was shot at a group of homeless people with a 32-year-old serious injured (see entry 11:23 o'clock). At 7PM, a group of men fired a number of lanterns from the Katharinenstraße at the main station. The men were checked, fireworks let off. 25 minutes later, several suspects protested against federal police officers swearing at them saying "fuck you" and "police shit." Similar incidents were repeated over and over again.

Federal police spokesman Volker Stall said that from 6:45 pm large groups of people with up to 300 men had stayed in and at the main station, then entered closed in trains in the direction of Rhineland. At 2.25, 400 persons from a regional expedition, which had driven from the Rhineland to Dortmund. Update Monday, 11:23 an: Serious injuries recorded at the main station.

We talked with the Federal Police about operations at New Year's Eve and New Year's night at Dortmund's main station. Policemen and travelers there experienced an "aggressive atmosphere," said federal police officer Volker Stall. Responsible for these dangerous actions are "young men with and without migrant backgrounds." Policemen and passersby were attacked with fireworks. How dangerous the situation was is shown in this case: An unknown person fired a rocket at about 6:35 pm - but he did not target the air, instead targeting a homeless man. "The man had to be admitted to a hospital with first degree burns. He had burns on his hands and head." Said the spokesman. In the station building, unauthorized smoke bombs were ignited, which also severely affected travelers.

Update New Year, 6:16 pm: A video shows the happenings on the Leeds square:
And you can see the video evidence yourself.

Just look at this shit
German police quash Breitbart story of mob setting fire to Dortmund church
Police quash the story how...? They said so, that's why. You would have to be an idiot and ignore the first hand evidence available, evidence that the Guardian deliberately ignored, to do otherwise - because the Guardian wants people to believe none of this happened. Hell, look at how they describe the fireworks attack:
Stray fireworks did start a small blaze, but only on netting covering scaffolding on the church and it was put out after about 12 minutes, the paper reported. The roof was not on fire and the church is not Germany’s oldest.
Ahaha stray fucking fireworks, as if they were innocent revelers who got overexcited and weren't setting homeless people on fire or attacking the police. You can clearly see the Guardian is attempting to get people to believe that these stray fireworks were accidental and not deliberate

Country’s politicians warn against fake news after Breitbart website said group chanting ‘Allahu Akbar’ vandalised church on New Year’s Eve
German media and politicians have warned against an election-year spike in fake news after the rightwing website Breitbart claimed a mob chanting “Allahu Akbar” had set fire to a church in the city of Dortmund on New Year’s Eve.
The local newspaper, Ruhr Nachrichten, said elements of its online reporting on New Year’s Eve had been distorted by Breitbart to produce “fake news, hate and propaganda”.
The justice minister of Hesse state, Eva Kühne-Hörmann, said that “the danger is that these stories spread with incredible speed and take on lives of their own”.
The controversy highlights a deepening divide between backers of German chancellor Angela Merkel’s liberal stance toward refugees and a rightwing movement that opposes immigration, fears Islam and distrusts the government and media.
Tens of thousands clicked and shared the Breitbart.com story with the headline “Revealed: 1,000-man mob attack police, set Germany’s oldest church alight on New Year’s Eve”.
It said the men had “chanted Allahu Akbar (God is greatest), launched fireworks at police and set fire to a historic church”, while also massing “around the flag of al-Qaida and Islamic State collaborators the Free Syrian Army.”
Look at all this crap. All attacks on character without addressing any of the god damned evidence
I'm too tired and busy for this bullshit FFS

The local newspaper said Breitbart had combined and exaggerated unconnected incidents to create a picture of chaos and of foreigners promoting terrorism.
Yeah because foreigners singing and dancing around a FSA flag whilst setting people on fire or attacking the police is a lawful society

This is the exact same fucking shit again and again and you all keep falling for it. German admins delete CCTV of Cologne attacks. German police & media cover up 2016 taharrush. You fall for it. German police not even allowed to use the word rape in their reports. You fall for it. German police tell you that there's nothing to worry about when you can see for your own eyes, you fall for it. I'm too rustled over the parliamentary plot, too busy with current work, Guardian is rustling my jimmies on purpose.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: January 08, 2017, 12:39:37 am »

Theres two leaders running for Chancellor (or at least main contenders) who have the last name Merkel? Angela Merkel and this Gabriel Diet Merkel?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4647 on: January 08, 2017, 12:41:57 am »

Ayyy Merkel is finally succeeding at her primary goal of triggering the fuck out of LW.
ALL IS LOST

Were you honestly expecting better? I mean, not to pick on Germany, but the main contenders for Chancellor this year are what, Merkel, Gabriel Diet Merkel, or Martin fucking Schultz, fresh from four years of having his head swirlied in all the EU bogs by our Nige. If that's not a sign of the times then I don't know what is.
Who cares about leaders, people can effect revolting peasant change always. The UK was led by Cameron, diet Cameron, clown Cameron and Wallace and Gromit, still we had top bant tekkers slagging low grade bank clerks with the charisma of damp rags

The real twist is that all this was engineered by one man, one twisted, diabolical genius of a man. And when the smoke clears, we'll all know that Gareth Southgate has at last gotten his belated revenge for Euro '96.
Personally I like to think all of this was arranged in advance by a Roman haruspex who wanted to ensure that no matter how strong the germanians got, they would sow their own discord and disaster. That or God wants them extinct ASAP, OT style

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: January 08, 2017, 04:49:52 am »

Theres two leaders running for Chancellor (or at least main contenders) who have the last name Merkel? Angela Merkel and this Gabriel Diet Merkel?

Nah, he's reffering to Sigmar Gabriel, the current head of the SPD, calling him "Diet Merkel", because for him all mainstream politicians are the same or somthering.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: January 08, 2017, 06:51:06 am »

The largest military reinforcement since the end of the cold war has arrived in Germany. The US sent 87 tanks, 144 various military vehicles and 3500 men, to be deployed in Eastern Europe, as a deterrent against Putin. There's more to follow. 10 Chinooks, 50 Blackhawks and 1800 military personell from fort Drum, New York and a battalion with 40 Apache helicopters and 400 men crew will be redeployed to Europe from Fort Bliss, Texas.
The US forces will first deploy in Poland, from where they will spread out over 7 countries, from Estonia to Bulgaria. Their HQ will be in Germany.

Earlier this year, the UK already sent a battalion of ground troops, tanks and armoured vehicles to Estonia, backed by Danish and French forces. The UK is also sending the RAF to the Black Sea, while Germany is preparing to send tanks and troops to Latvia.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 795