Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006879 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #4305 on: December 16, 2016, 05:51:16 am »

The German magazine Focus reports that a 12 year old German - Iraqi boy tried to commit a terrorist bombing attack on a christmans market in Germany.
He is suspected of having ties to IS.
On the 26th of november, the boy tried to detonate an improvised shrapnel bomb made from explosives and nails. The detonation failed, and the device did not go off.

Several days later he tried again. On the 5th of december, he hid a homemade bomb in a bag in some bushes just outside the Town Hall of Ludwigshafen.
Someone passing by noticed the bag, and warned the police. The explosives squad managed to safely detonate the bomb.

According to security services, the boy, who was born in the West German city of Ludwigshafen am Rhein, is extremely radicalized. He also appears to have been entertaining the thought of going to Syria to join IS. He is being held in a juvenile detention center now.

The public prosecutor has ordered an investigation into the boy's actions, who is being charged with extreme terrorist violence.
It is very unlikely that he will have to face court though. Because of his age, he cannot be held legally accountable for his actions. German criminal law only applies to persons age 14 and above.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/12-jarige-jongen-wilde-aanslag-plegen-op-duitse-kerstmarkt~a4435440/
http://www.focus.de/politik/deutschland/weihnachtsmarkt-in-ludwigshafen-im-auftrag-des-is-zwoelfjaehriger-wollte-nagelbombe-zuenden_id_6363417.html
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 06:27:04 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4306 on: December 16, 2016, 06:20:27 am »

God's sakes Germany sort your life out

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: December 16, 2016, 06:35:55 am »

Surely there's no terrorist cells inside germany training children to become suicide bombers because they aren't legally accountable by local laws, nop.

There's only cultural enrichment, now for kids!
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: December 16, 2016, 07:05:42 am »

Surely there's no terrorist cells inside germany training children to become suicide bombers because they aren't legally accountable by local laws, nop.

There's only cultural enrichment, now for kids!
It's a terrible problem. As long as there are islamists out there preying on susceptible sods to turn into bombs-in-a-meatsuit, there's no real way to prevent this from happening, except either go full surveillance state, and / or put non-aryan German citizens in ghettos while deporting them to Poland.

I'm sure there's gonna be more cries to stop refugees from certain parts of society. Thing is though, a German born kid going islamowacko has jack shit to do with refugees. Changing refugee policy won't change German born kids falling victim to terrorist brainwashing.

The Cologne issue is a different matter though.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4309 on: December 16, 2016, 07:19:26 am »

You leave Poland alone now
And in all seriousness, yeah changing refugee policy will affect it, especially with defeated jihadists from Aleppo coming home to Germany to recruit more susceptible sods.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: December 16, 2016, 07:23:23 am »

You leave Poland alone now
And in all seriousness, yeah changing refugee policy will affect it, especially with defeated jihadists from Aleppo coming home to Germany to recruit more susceptible sods.
They make up less than 0.01% of refugees (at least, those 'coming home', there's probably more newcomers though), and a jihadist recruiter doesn't need to come back home to Germany to recruit. There's this thing called the internet.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 07:25:26 am by martinuzz »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: December 16, 2016, 07:26:17 am »

I'm sure there's gonna be more cries to stop refugees from certain parts of society. Thing is though, a German born kid going islamowacko has jack shit to do with refugees. Changing refugee policy won't change German born kids falling victim to terrorist brainwashing.

A constant flow of immigrants increases segregation and poverty among immigrants while reducing the chances of getting any kind of decent life; constantly creating new members of the second and third generation immigrants demographies that terrorists love to recruit from. Reducing immigration reduces future pool of recruits, and means the immigrants and post-immigrate-generations already here needs to compete with less fresh arrivals over the insufficient opportunities available to them.
Love, scriver~

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: December 16, 2016, 07:35:37 am »

While they're born in germany, second and third generation immigrants with familial backgrounds that favor terrorist indoctrination are essentialy the best kind of recruit an organization like ISIS could want, IE an actual german citizen that can worry less about profiling and border control, and can more easily gain access to key locations closed to the public because he or she has an easier time getting a job in places not generally open to the public, such as factories, power plants, military instalations, etc.

What can be done about this without infringing the rights of migrants that don't want to blow up everyone who isn't muslim? Hell if I know, but germany is now a key strategic recruitment point for terrorist groups, and will continue to be for a long time. Historically, muslims have shown to be of the groups that are more resistant to adopting cultural and ethical norms different than their own, even while living in places where said things are the norm. This means that those muslims that have a radical religious familial background are very unlikely to ever change their minds.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 07:39:25 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4313 on: December 16, 2016, 07:41:47 am »

They make up less than 0.01% of refugees (at least, those 'coming home', there's probably more newcomers though), and a jihadist recruiter doesn't need to come back home to Germany to recruit. There's this thing called the internet.
Yeah uncited statistics are completely meaningless, nor does it bear mentioning the value of veterans who have the conviction of killing inspiring children face to face, providing militiant training that can't be monitored on such mediums as the internet.
I.e. all they did in the summer of slaughter.
It's happening, it's happened, it will happen again, and keep happening

What can be done about this without infringing the rights of migrants that don't want to blow up everyone who isn't muslim?
Actually have a border with security controls that vet people for links with terrorist groups

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: December 16, 2016, 07:44:31 am »

Actually have a border with security controls that vet people for links with terrorist groups

How exactly would you do that, when most refugees come from an area that no longer has any form of administration or public record, or independent observers?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4315 on: December 16, 2016, 07:45:20 am »

How exactly would you do that, when most refugees come from an area that no longer has any form of administration or public record, or independent observers?
Send them back to Turkey

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: December 16, 2016, 07:47:45 am »

Send them back to Turkey
So Erdogan can select the IS fighters and send those back to Europe, and keep the good people as voting cattle?

EDIT: hmmwell now that I write that, you're right. That could work. As long as we just lock up all refugees that are deemed by Turkey to be valid asylum seekers. /sarcasm

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: December 16, 2016, 07:53:18 am »

What can be done about this without infringing the rights of migrants that don't want to blow up everyone who isn't muslim?
Well, ye, that would certainly be nice, but what about all the ones that already came through during the Merkelreich's drive for uncapped cultural enrichment?

There's probably organized, well stablished cells in germany already, and its not like the non radical part of immigrants (and local vulnerable german dweebs) are immune to, uh, conversion. As immigrant crime soars, tensions also will, and if you put tension on an unemployed refugee guy that has the necessary background, it doesn't take much to make young rahman start thinking that uncle rashid's jihadist speeches don't sound so bad.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4318 on: December 16, 2016, 07:57:45 am »

So Erdogan can select the IS fighters and send those back to Europe, and keep the good people as voting cattle?
He wouldn't be able to send them to Europe if there actually was border control

EDIT: hmmwell now that I write that, you're right. That could work. As long as we just lock up all refugees that are deemed by Turkey to be valid asylum seekers. /sarcasm
Wouldn't matter what Turkey deemed, what would matter is that they have proof of identity to ensure they have no outstanding arrest warrants or connections with terrorist groups. Hell, the Serbians managed to catch a few just by checking their phone and finding they had videos of beheadings
Basic stuff, but European leaders have a deathwish

Well, ye, that would certainly be nice, but what about all the ones that already came through during the Merkelreich's drive for uncapped cultural enrichment?
They should have thought of that before they started. Now they have to live with it

There's probably organized, well stablished cells in germany already, and its not like the non radical part of immigrants (and local vulnerable german dweebs) are immune to, uh, conversion. As immigrant crime soars, tensions also will, and if you put tension on an unemployed refugee guy that has the necessary background, it doesn't take much to make young rahman start thinking that uncle rashid's jihadist speeches don't sound so bad.
Fund them scholarships to some liberal arts degrees. If they go full dude weed they'll be too useless to jihad, moreover they'll have had a good few years away from the clerical environment surrounded by German liberals. The zealots that go through such a system would probably just end up more extreme but at least most would turn out with a degree qualification and a calmer outlook on life (particularly in regards to organized violence)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: December 16, 2016, 08:01:48 am »

He wouldn't be able to send them to Europe if there actually was border control
I think you might have misunderstood the Turkey deal. It's a 1:1 tit for tat deal. For ever refugee we send back from Greece, one gets vetted in Turkey and sent to the EU. We're not seeing that yet because Turkey exploded in chaos not too long ago, plus the nescessary legal structure apparently still isn't poperly set up yet to process the asylum requests in Turkey.

Besides that, the largest refugee stream is now coming in through Italy. The Turkey deal has been pretty effective in decreasing arrivals in Greece. There is no Turkey deal about Italy though.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 08:04:08 am by martinuzz »

Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 793