Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006776 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #3345 on: July 23, 2016, 09:26:05 pm »

There's some countries where everyone carries guns

I hear they aren't doing too well

Something about warlords or fear or poverty or something I don't really remember
The wartorn wastelands of Switzerland and Israel

David Duke, former Ku Klux Klan leader, to run for Congress

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36870438

*runs away*
Sorry sir we're going to have to deport you to USA thread, this is EUrojoke thread

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: July 23, 2016, 09:29:49 pm »

Something about warlords or fear or poverty or something I don't really remember
And Nigeria and the Congo and Sudan and

Israel is pretty wartorn though. All that palestine, ya know. And Switzerland everyone has guns, not everyone carries them.

I'm talking 'bout open carry mandatory or get shot

To clarify: Everyone with guns make it uncertain who wins the fight. When it's uncertain who wins the fight, you have to actually have the fight, the little guy doesn't just look at the big guys biceps and backs off even after a drink or three. Or if he does, it's just a punch in the face, it's not a shot to the gut. Gun laws are fine. But you don't need them with you all the time everywhere anyway. Off-duty cops and shit will sometimes be able to stop bad people with guns who start shit. Afaik, regular people have yet to do that in such a situation.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 09:32:29 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: July 23, 2016, 09:41:13 pm »

Israel is pretty wartorn though. All that palestine, ya know. And Switzerland everyone has guns, not everyone carries them.

To clarify: Everyone with guns make it uncertain who wins the fight. When it's uncertain who wins the fight, you have to actually have the fight, the little guy doesn't just look at the big guys biceps and backs off even after a drink or three. Or if he does, it's just a punch in the face, it's not a shot to the gut. Gun laws are fine. But you don't need them with you all the time everywhere anyway. Off-duty cops and shit will sometimes be able to stop bad people with guns who start shit. Afaik, regular people have yet to do that in such a situation.

The Wild West basically, though even BACK THEN, the towns had gun laws, so you had to surrender your gun in some places.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3348 on: July 23, 2016, 09:51:40 pm »

Nigeria is doing incredibly well, the Congo and Sudan are both poor African nations scarred by ethnic and religious civil warfare, with the Congo's gun regulation being restrictive and in Sudan also as restrictive. Nigeria's regulation is permissive. Doesn't really mean anything, unless of course poverty has no correlation with violent crime, which everyone seems to be saying is all the jazz these days.

All that Palestine is not Israel, and hardly a fault of the Israelis that they have security issues given that the Syrian war is going on next door :P

The little guy backs off from the big guy? Big guy is faster, little guy is fucked, that's if the Big guy isn't a big gang :D

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: July 23, 2016, 09:56:28 pm »

Ah, whoops, I was thinking of Niger.

My apologies.

I was pointing out the warfare. Lots of people carrying guns.

Israel's had security issues long before Syria War started, and that's not even counting the rockets and shit.

Also, what are you imagining the scenario as, here? I'm talking about something like a barroom nasty comment or the like. If the little guy shows submission, big guy's usually satisfied, fight doesn't happen.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3350 on: July 23, 2016, 10:06:38 pm »

Ah, whoops, I was thinking of Niger.
That's racist

My apologies.
Nevermind then, you gud

I'm pretty certain the centuries of conflict, the collapse of government, the funding of proxy warlords and such had more to do with their civil war happening than with their already restrictive gun laws not being more restrictive than restrictive

Israel's had security issues long before Syria War started, and that's not even counting the rockets and shit.
Well the Israelis aren't exactly selling weapons to the people shooting them, can't blame them for that

Also, what are you imagining the scenario as, here? I'm talking about something like a barroom nasty comment or the like. If the little guy shows submission, big guy's usually satisfied, fight doesn't happen.
"Usually satisfied?" Since when? Someone showing submissiveness before a fight has even begun is showing signs of weakness, which someone who is larger and stronger will pick up on. If they are in such a situation where they are about to fight, the bigger guy is going to show off his superiority confident that the little guy is just gonna submit and be humiliated. Let's put it this way - when a bully finds someone who's weaker than them, are they going to look instead for someone of equal strength?
That's barroom nasty comment, not a scenario where someone is out for blood to prove they're badman and shit, or is trying to mug someone or something

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: July 23, 2016, 10:11:45 pm »

I'm pretty certain the centuries of conflict, the collapse of government, the funding of proxy warlords and such had more to do with their civil war happening than with their already restrictive gun laws not being more restrictive than restrictive
Oh, I'm fairly certain that's the case. I just think it goes to show that it's not exactly a causative effect of everyone has guns so society is peaceful and respectful, like I've heard some people (including friends of mine) tell me. When society is stable, you can let people have guns because you know they'll be responsible with them.
"Usually satisfied?" Since when? Someone showing submissiveness before a fight has even begun is showing signs of weakness, which someone who is larger and stronger will pick up on. If they are in such a situation where they are about to fight, the bigger guy is going to show off his superiority confident that the little guy is just gonna submit and be humiliated. Let's put it this way - when a bully finds someone who's weaker than them, are they going to look instead for someone of equal strength?
That's barroom nasty comment, not a scenario where someone is out for blood to prove they're badman and shit, or is trying to mug someone or something
Barroom nasty comment is someone who thinks you just insulted his pride. Not someone looking for someone to bully. I'm thinking of social preening and displaying one's dominance, not bullying. Submission works for that, and then the guy can go back to drinking, laughing about the little nerd. Humiliation>getting shot because you figure your pistol can take 'im. Or them getting shot because you were right.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3352 on: July 23, 2016, 10:20:30 pm »

Oh, I'm fairly certain that's the case. I just think it goes to show that it's not exactly a causative effect of everyone has guns so society is peaceful and respectful, like I've heard some people (including friends of mine) tell me. When society is stable, you can let people have guns because you know they'll be responsible with them.
It also goes to show that a disarmed populace is incapable of stopping its own government from running a genocide on them

Barroom nasty comment is someone who thinks you just insulted his pride. Not someone looking for someone to bully. I'm thinking of social preening and displaying one's dominance, not bullying.
If you insult someone's pride in a pub in London and back down, you're going to get the crap beaten out of you. No one has guns in London.

Submission works for that, and then the guy can go back to drinking, laughing about the little nerd. Humiliation>getting shot because you figure your pistol can take 'im. Or them getting shot because you were right.
Wtf are you doing if you're a skinny manlet trying to start shit with /fit/izens
Drink your drink and mind your own business, you put yourself in a life or death situation, is it on your head? Not entirely, but partially yes

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: July 23, 2016, 10:32:18 pm »

They're drunk, LW

Duh
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3354 on: July 23, 2016, 10:35:36 pm »

If being drunk doesn't make the skinny manlet pass out and instead decide to pick on the biggest drunk fuck in the room, I'm not saying he deserves to die, but I'm not going to punch an elephant in the gonads am I? At that point questions of morality go out the window, it's just a matter of Darwin Awards

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: July 23, 2016, 10:38:04 pm »

If being drunk doesn't make the skinny manlet pass out and instead decide to pick on the biggest drunk fuck in the room, I'm not saying he deserves to die, but I'm not going to punch an elephant in the gonads am I? At that point questions of morality go out the window, it's just a matter of Darwin Awards
Well but that's my point

If he's got a gun he maybe ends up thinking he's a rough and tough dude who can take on whoever

No gun and he knows he's a punk
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3356 on: July 23, 2016, 10:42:51 pm »

Well but that's my point
If he's got a gun he maybe ends up thinking he's a rough and tough dude who can take on whoever
Rolepgeek, now I see

We must destroy the neets before the neet uprising occurs

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: July 23, 2016, 11:08:01 pm »

Well but that's my point
Rolepgeek, now I see

We must destroy the neets before the neet uprising occurs

That's quite the conclusion leap.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3358 on: July 23, 2016, 11:16:33 pm »

Once Putin arms them, they will feel like lucky punks

Then it's war, and with guns in their hands, our superior strength will not be able to stop them

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: July 23, 2016, 11:43:26 pm »

Once Putin arms them, they will feel like lucky punks

Then it's war, and with guns in their hands, our superior strength will not be able to stop them
Now you see the gravity of the situation.

It is a gravity so strong even our bulging muscles will look flabby and weak under it's influence.

We will sag while their bony physique will be unaffected

We shall appear...unfit.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 793