Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 795

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1059006 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #3225 on: July 20, 2016, 08:18:32 pm »

In German population news, "Babies Welcome loan" in which German mothers are given interest free loans to support raising children opposed by every single party because that's racist and short term (what) thinking, Germany must have diversity. My favourite is the one who would be ok with it if it also helped migrant families grow even larger lol

So basically, told you so everyone
It's not on how educated you are or how rich you are, rich educated Arabs have proven well enough if you want a big family you have a big family. It's about the type of education
Germans learn that family units and raising kids is patriarchal, that sustaining the nation state is racist, that not replacing yourself with diversity is naziism, that the only thing that matters is expressing yourself and ignoring the past and future

Everyone else in the world doesn't act this neurotically lol

So to elaborate on previous posts
It's hardly a surprise that since we became a society where both parents are likely to work, less people are having kids. Women today are reporting being unhappier than they were in their grandmothers' day (or than their grandmothers were, I suppose), despite 'having it all'. Plenty of women say they feel pressured to have a career despite the fact that they'd rather be a stay-at-home mother. We've gone beyond it simply being an option for the mother to work, to there being strong pressure on the woman to do so - both societal pressure and economic pressure.
I disagree with this notion. In western societies technological advancement has made stay at home parents more or less obsolete, at least as far as a full time job is concerned. Part time job is definitely doable, and full time job is still achievable - that's without even factoring in more flexible jobs/stay at home fathers/caretakers/relatives/self-employment. I think it's significant for example that when Andrea Leadsom felt proud of announcing she was a hard working professional and a mother of many children - she got slated like hell, and that's just the UK, which is not even as dystopian as Germany. It's a taboo lmao to be a eurofamily

One of the most surreal things I've seen was a German documentary about some Germans that moved to the countryside to found families in their pastoral paradises
The documentary started playing spooky metal whilst they showed these children dancing in a ring, holding hands
You can't fucking parody this shit
I think we went too far and actually permanently broke the Germans, and they don't plan on going down without ensuring Europe shares their ideal world
Having a national identity is basically asking to get called a nazi (or a hooligan) nowadays, depending on where you are, and most of those places are in yurop. Like, I get it, nazi germany fucking sucked, but get over it, jeez.
@dorsidwarf
Don't think LW is talking about current gen being terrible or not wanting to baby boomers. Thats fine, the problem is actualy being so self centered to the point you care more about the next videogame you're going to play rather than how your society will be when you die, or in the next few decades, even.
Also dis

What we really need to do is implement social reforms that make it more attractive to be a parent - and that'll take much more than just increasing Child Tax Credit.
Social reforms? Eh, I guess I agree, I just don't see it ever happening. People across the world grow up in loving families, proud of who they are, carrying the torch on - WWII just fucked euros up, breaking their links, don't think there's fixing in that. I mean sure the Chinese repaired a lot of damage they did in the cultural revolution but they've also got a billion people and no mass migration could ever replace them lol
Germany and Sweden have long passed the point where their younguns could maintain majority, and they won't even try because that runs counter to all their school teachings. It's another shrektastic way to end the day

I think I honestly need to check my time privilege
Born too late to be a Tea merchant in Ceylon
Born too early to be a passenger in an interstellar freighter to Alpha Centauri
Born just in time to bear witness to this most fantastic pages of history written

I really have to wonder why these are all mutually exclusive
Do you even marxist narratives m8

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: July 20, 2016, 09:46:11 pm »

If it gets hundreds of people to not be/remain radicalized, I'm not sure how it's retarded.

Also not certain how a lone gunman who had been in Denmark from high school on shows that you should take the tough guy/harsh justice approach to stupid teenagers who resent the system and decide the best way to get back at is by leaving to go to the site of the holy war.

As far as I can tell, vast majority of radicals are pretty damn young. It actually seems basically like joining a gang, except instead of killing other poor people and doing drugs, they get back at all those people they resent, and sometimes do drugs.

I mean, the point I'm tryin' to make about this sorta stuff is basically that if you treat some with hostility, they'll probably get hostile. If you act as though group X is the Enemy, odds are they'll become the Enemy, even if they weren't before. And the worst part is that it's extremely context dependent. If the westerners were super nice helping your parents get here, but then your family's car gets vandalized with slurs, or a classmate starts saying your faith is evil and you get pissy and then the police are investigating your home for terrorism, it might make you upset. Especially if it ends up affecting your life in other ways or you're already having trouble supporting yourself or finding a job or what-have-you. It doesn't need to happen to every kid, it just has to happen to enough that they can start a group to discuss the shit they've had to put up with. Maybe that group doesn't discuss it in a healthy manner (as I'll put it). They start seeing recruitment videos, psyching themselves up, getting ready to fulfill what they now think of as a holy calling. This doesn't even have to be going to fight. It could be helping out in refugee camps for their fellow Muslims. It could be helping the wounded after skirmishes. If you treat them as ISIS fighters and say 'you are not welcome in your old community', odds are they'll stay. Maybe that join, maybe they just help people, maybe they get shot.

But a different approach might just reduce the number of people who feel like they can't be a part of the community.

Young men with completely different culture and language and no family with minimal prospects in strained social welfare system is another difficulty entirely.

The trade-offs society seems to make are rather interesting to consider.

Diversity, or stability?
Innovation and creativity, or community and cooperation?
Liberty, or equality?
Privacy, or safety?
Efficiency, or variety?
Corruption, or abuse?
Disease, or pollution?
I really have to wonder why these are all mutually exclusive
When did I say that were mutually exclusive? You can have a pretty good combination of both. It can be small losses in one for large gains in the other. It's at the extremes where that typically reverses.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3227 on: July 20, 2016, 10:51:41 pm »

When did I say that were mutually exclusive? You can have a pretty good combination of both. It can be small losses in one for large gains in the other. It's at the extremes where that typically reverses.
The most free countries tend to have lower income inequality, why pollution literally causes disease, corruption and abuse are near synonymous, innovation vs. cooperation doesn't make sense, efficiency vs variety doesn't make sense, only ones I'm inclined to agree on are diversity vs. stability and privacy vs. safety
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: July 20, 2016, 11:27:13 pm »

Freedom to discriminate versus equal outcomes. We've traded rotten food and plagues for preservatives and containers that end up in the trash. Oversight gets corrupted, free reign gets abused. It's easier to produce a lot of one good efficiently than it is to produce a variety of goods (also known as the Walmart Hypothesis(yes that name was probably made up)).

Innovation vs. Cooperation one is the one I'm most certain of, actually. Competition breeds innovation, creativity. It doesn't breed community within the competitors. Community creates cooperation, and a certain stagnancy, but effectiveness with what they have to work with.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: July 21, 2016, 12:20:36 am »

I believe Isis has lost in the middle east, as the radical islamics who oppose the blasphemous shit Isis does ie bombing mecca, outnumber the Isis radicals, they'll be driven to the only place that Isis radicals will be tolerated which is Europe.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: July 21, 2016, 02:09:05 am »

I believe Isis has lost in the middle east, as the radical islamics who oppose the blasphemous shit Isis does ie bombing mecca, outnumber the Isis radicals, they'll be driven to the only place that Isis radicals will be tolerated which is Europe.
Bad guys never lose.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: July 21, 2016, 02:19:12 am »

In German population news, "Babies Welcome loan" in which German mothers are given interest free loans to support raising children opposed by every single party because that's racist and short term (what) thinking, Germany must have diversity. My favourite is the one who would be ok with it if it also helped migrant families grow even larger lol

That's a really retarded way to do child support, which I guess was the main objection (Ok, I only watched the first four other parliamentary). Also, I think the part they though the Völkisch part was when he then said "That way, we can keep all the foreigners out".

Spoiler: To Sheb (click to show/hide)

[spoiler=To Rolepgeek]
Speaking of, I have to ask LW what he thinks about Aarhus and it's approach to deradicalizing it's populace.[/url]
Bringing ISIS fighters back to your streets on purpose is retarded

If you bring former Jihadis to your streets, people that didn't go to Syria will kill people instead?

And when I said I skipped that whole part, I actually re-read it. I just decided not to answer because what you did is post a jumble of number referring to various things, then picking up the largest ones without paying attention to what they mean. Your 1.5 million come from an estimate from Das Bild before the end of 2015. Your 2.1 millions in the influx off all immigrants. It seems to be true that the number of asylum application does not reflect the number of asylum seeker since not all applications could be processed, but I was quoting them because that gives us a number for the proportion of Syrians. (Actually, given the German policy to fast-track people from the Balkans and so on, it probably underestimate the proportion of Syrians.

According to that Reuter piece you posted, 35% of immigrants were from Asia and Africa, or 735,000 people. The number of potential asylum seeker is higher, because of the Serbians, Kosovars and so on (non-EU immigration was 270.000) And that the "raw number", ver 900.000 people left germany last year too, although we sadly don't have breakdown by categories for that number.

Not that I expect much more than a "top kek".

Edit: Actually, I wonder if the difference in application number isn't due to the fact that the Eurostats figures represent first-time applicants, while some of the higher figure you see (the ones around one millions, not the 1.5 to 2 millions figures that are due to mixing migrants categores) are for all asylum claims, including appeals from people who have been turning down.

Edit: Frenman condemned to ten months in jail for reselling objects of the Nice massacre. Officially condemned for reselling objects that didn't belong to him, he tried to defend himself by saying that the objects belonged to his family, including a ring his mother gave his sister.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 02:44:10 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: July 21, 2016, 03:13:45 am »

The archaeological dig was probbably as accurate as most archaeological digs.
That is, entirely based on conjectures from badly-paid Middle-aged people with bad teeth and unpleasant hats. Who, while extremely skilled and experienced at these conjectures, will still construct an entire settlement with a long history and at least thee wars out of two pots and a skeleton dug up by even-worse-paid graduates.
(When in fact actually Machinitus the trader broke his neck falling off the wagon and was buried at the side of the road with the antique pots he'd been given.
My father spent eight years of his life dedicated to becoming an archaeologist,graduated, spent one summer on a dig site with Phil Hardy ( the Time Team one) and immediatly went into finance and IT instead.
One of my life goals is to build my own house to standards that will last 1000 years so I can confuse archaeologists with random bullshit, like spring loaded coffins, shitposts on the walls, fake curses, allusions to household gods that don't exist, wrong descriptions of culture, elaborate fake histories e.t.c.

1000 years later archeologists will be excavating forgotten internet resources and 4chan archives.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: July 21, 2016, 03:15:45 am »

They'll dig what I'm saying
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: July 21, 2016, 10:22:33 am »

Turkey’s controversial President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has sparked mockery and condemnation by defending new powers he wants to give himself as being similar to Adolf Hitler’s.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The fuck?....... seriously? Might be wiser to say 'being similar to Caesar'. Sure, Caesar has his cons and wasn't a saint, but at least he isn't reviled* like Hitler and Stalin**.

*I guess the Catholic Church and Jews may have a different opinion.

**Except in Russia.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3235 on: July 21, 2016, 11:59:20 am »

Yes he is. Git gud at math.
Git gud at strategy.

And when I said I skipped that whole part, I actually re-read it. I just decided not to answer because what you did is post a jumble of number referring to various things, then picking up the largest ones without paying attention to what they mean.
You were just pretending to be ignorant lol

Your 1.5 million come from an estimate from Das Bild before the end of 2015. Your 2.1 millions in the influx off all immigrants.
2.1million is only possibly the influx of all immigrants, cos one size fits all terms yo

It seems to be true that the number of asylum application does not reflect the number of asylum seeker since not all applications could be processed, but I was quoting them because that gives us a number for the proportion of Syrians. (Actually, given the German policy to fast-track people from the Balkans and so on, it probably underestimate the proportion of Syrians.
*Not including fake syrians

Not that I expect much more than a "top kek".
Top lol?

If it gets hundreds of people to not be/remain radicalized, I'm not sure how it's retarded.
Taking Syrian fighters home on purpose, not prosecuting them, then allowing them to walk on your streets.
What part of that makes sense? How the bloody hell does it help people not be radicalized by letting jihad heroes walk freely with the support of the government? Ahahahaha

That's just the practicality of things, I find it hilarious that if you're a Dane, you can go to Syria, join in jolly ethnic cleansing, partake in sex slaves and destruction of the relics of ancient civilizations and their living remnants - then go home to Denmark with your military training, organizational skills and the conviction of one who has killed for what they believe in - and face no repercussions, no justice, no security.
In the UK we've had at least 800 who've gone to Syria to have jolly war crimes and shit, half of which have come home, 200 of which are dead or convicted. Source, Beeb. This is a problem that requires excellent policing, unfortunately our legal system is quite constrained in what it can do. We can't for example strip someone of their citizenship if they join ISIS, and we can't keep a prisoner for too long in solitary confinement so every now and then they are allowed to mingle with prison populations and convert inmates. These are things I am unhappy about, but at the very least we have all the legal powers needed to detain returning fighters, convict them if they return with evidence of their crimes or evidence is found through intelligence efforts, and as well, the further monitoring of them should the few who remain unconvicted attempt to set up networks in the UK. No part of this system relies on the good behaviour of someone who spent the summer slaughtering infidels.

Also by god, the dank memes never stop. Convicted terrorist who set up jihadi recruiting websites back in London after release from US prison.
His family said: 'Our lives will be enriched by his return.'

I didn't even know our police were targeting their support network too
Good job police

Also not certain how a lone gunman who had been in Denmark from high school on shows that you should take the tough guy/harsh justice approach to stupid teenagers who resent the system and decide the best way to get back at is by leaving to go to the site of the holy war.
What in the actual fuck, is this what counts for harsh justice now? How in the actual fuck is prosecuting people for war crimes harsh, whilst letting them walk freely fair?
"Teenagers who resent the system and decide the best way to get back" hahaha no, you've got to be joking. These aren't anarchists, they're jihadists. They tend to be well-educated, well-off and go to fight for ISIS because they believe in establishing a global caliphate.

Fucking hell, we prosecute British soldiers for less, but as soon as it's Muslims you can get away with genocide and prosecution becomes harsh

As far as I can tell, vast majority of radicals are pretty damn young. It actually seems basically like joining a gang, except instead of killing other poor people and doing drugs, they get back at all those people they resent, and sometimes do drugs.
This post gave me cancer

These are not sharia patrol, these are ISIS fighters and operatives.

I mean, the point I'm tryin' to make about this sorta stuff is basically that if you treat some with hostility, they'll probably get hostile.
Westerners have so little concept of self-preservation that they will extend a hand of friendship to someone who wants to kill them, who has already killed those like them and announced they want them dead.

If you act as though group X is the Enemy, odds are they'll become the Enemy, even if they weren't before.
Well ISIS were never going to be our friend, so nothing of value was lost.

And the worst part is that it's extremely context dependent. If the westerners were super nice helping your parents get here, but then your family's car gets vandalized with slurs, or a classmate starts saying your faith is evil and you get pissy and then the police are investigating your home for terrorism, it might make you upset.
Sorry friend, but marxism is simply inadequate here. I think Vilanat was right in that it is incredibly hard to explain to Westerners why people are willing to fight and die for what they believe in, cos they don't really have an equivalent, nothing they believe in that much.
From the Beeb:
Farzana Ameen (39), left with her husband Imran Ameen (40) and five children to join ISIS. She told relatives whatever she was doing was for the best for their children. They were not discriminated against, because they lived in areas that are almost exclusively Muslim that show hostility to Christians who work or live there. The Council of Bradford Mosques also leading the British attempt to extend blasphemy laws, ban the satanic verses or force an apology from Salman Rushdie, who had to be put under the protection of British police due to a fatwa issued against him. His book was burned in his stead.
Mohammed Fakhri Al-Khabass (25), a British-Palestinian medical student, the son of a Muslim doctor, by 2011 he took over the University's Islamic Cultural Association and under his leadership, started pushing for stricter Islam and eventually recruited 16 British students to join ISIS in Iraq and Syria before joining them there himself. He was living in Sudan, where the constitution is proudly 100 percent Islamic without communism or secularism or Western influences, to set an example for its neighbours.
Rehan Ameen (30), brother to Imran Ameen, joined for reasons unknown. Lived in Bradford.
Mohammed Saleem Mohamed Ahmed El-Raba'a (23), medical student, joined ISIS after being recruited by Fakhri Al-Khabass.
Ayman Siddig Abdel-Aziz (21), medical student, same as Saleem.
Amier Mamoun Sidahmed Elawad (20), same as Saleem.
Mohamed Adil Bashir Ageed (22), about to graduate from Med school, same as Saleem.
Ibrahim Adil Bashir Ageed (20), same as Saleem.
Sugra Dawood (34), eldest of three sisters who left with her five children (in total, their group had 9 children traveling with them) who went to pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia. Instead of going home to Bradford, went to Iraq and Syria. She ignored her husband's appeal to come home with their kids.
Zohra Dawood (33), Khajida Dawood (30), went with Sugra.
Rajia Khanom (21), part of an extended family of 12, went to Bangladesh for a holiday but failed to return home to Luton, instead saying they felt safer than they ever felt before living in ISIS's territory.
Mohammed Zayd Hussain (25), Mohammed Toufique Hussain (19), Roshanara Begum (24), Mohammed Saleh Hussain (26), Sheida Khanam (27), Mohammed Abil Kashem Saker (31), Minera Khatun (53), Muhammed Abdul Mannan (75), the extended family of Rajia. A quarter of Luton is Muslim and is famed for having been the birthplace of Salafi jihadist groups, the same which produced the terrorist who beheaded one of our soldiers on our streets.
Deqo Osman (18), got into University and applied for a student loan, upon which point he use the loan money not to pay for Uni fees, but to fly to Syria because he wanted to live in an Islamic Utopia. Deqo Osman flew back on the behest of his father after having stayed in an ISIS safehouse, upon his return to the UK he was detained and has been sentenced 5 years in prison, the court were lenient because he had an IQ of 65.
Swaleh Mohammed (19), Ibrahim Amouri (18), Khalid Abdul-Rahman (19), friends from mosque who traveled with Deqo Osman to join ISIS, but returned and were prosecuted. Their IQs were not small like Deqo. Mohammed Osama Badri (age unknown), one of the med students recruited by Saleem. Rowan Kamal Zine El-Abidine (age unknown), one of the med students who ran the Islamic Cultural Association with Saleem, running the branch for women's activities. Tasneem Suliman (age unknown), another med student born from doctors who went with Saleem. Husham El-Sheikh (age unknown), med student who left with Saleem.
Lena Mamoun Abdelgadir (19), daughter of a surgeon who grew up in East Anglia, as a med student went off with Saleem. Described as furiously bright by her teachers. Lojain Abusibah (age unknown), had graduated from medicine when he joined ISIS with Saleem.
Tamir Ahmed Abusibah (24), graduated from medicine when he joined ISIS with Saleem. Nada Sami Khider (age unknown), made propaganda videos in Syria urging British medical students to come to Syria to work in ISIS hospitals.
Ahmed Sami Khider (24), med graduate, went to grammar school, son of a doctor, told those in the West: "All you are doing is sitting in the West in the comfort of your homes. Use your skills and come here."
Hassan Munshi (17), Britain's youngest suicide bomber, his parents believed some kind of peer pressure caused him to die for ISIS. Police had this statement: "But the police can't arrest everyone - and evidence shows it is difficult to bring someone back from the edge, once they are radicalised." But the Danes are bringing their fighters back and allowing them to walk their streets anyways. I digress.
Shamima Begum (15), Khadiza Sultana (16), Amira Abase (15), three straight-A students who went to Syria. From Tower Hamlets, the only local authority in England where Muslims are the largest population, there's not much to say about their story, so have the Guardian talking about how Jihadi brides aren't oppressed and join for the same reasons men do, to think otherwise is sexist and that is the most important concern here.
Abu Zayd al-Britani (age unknown, real name unknown), speaks with a British accent and says he's Al-Britani.
Ibrahim Kabir Sadik (24), converted to Islam who worked as a teacher after graduating with an economics degree, lived in London. Not much else to say about him other than he was linked to some men who tried to defraud English pensioners of £1,000,000. Sharmeena Begum (14), hometown London, was studying for GCSEs before leaving East London to join ISIS.
Hamayun Tariq (age unknown) a car mechanic from the West Midlands whose had his social media accounts repeatedly suspended because he uses them to post bomb making instructions. He joined ISIS already a veteran warrior who previously fought for the Taliban, now teaching his students how to repair vehicles and manufacture IEDs.
Jack Letts (18), also known as Jihadi Jack, is the first Englishman on this list. His parents said he was mentally ill, and Jack denies he is a member of ISIS. Nonetheless he says he fears prosecution if he returns and his motive is he wants to spread the word of Allah, take down the Syrian government and believes the USA is trying to exterminate Muslims one by one. From a middle class Christian English family in Oxford.
Aisha Tariq (30), left London with her four kids and her husband.
Her husband Dhar (31) was an advocate for global jihad and released a video showing him executing alleged spies for working with "the crusader coalition." His video warns that those who do not turn to Islam or do not return to it will lose in this life and the next, before ordering a child to press the detonation trigger.
Samya Dirie (17), Yusra Hussien (15), the former from London and the latter from Bristol, told parents they were prospecting at Universities but took their passports with them, at which point their parents contacted police. Appealing to his daughter through the media her father, Abidirashiid Saciid Dirie said: "You are after paradise by going there, but you will achieve paradise by pleasing your parents." Neither have returned, and it is suspected Yusra has gotten married.
Sajid Aslam (34), supply teacher who went to fight for ISIS. His wife Lorna Moore (originally a northern Irish protestant) was a part of the 'Babies for ISIS' group and was convicted before she could fly to Syria to join her husband.
Issam Abuanza (36) from Sheffield, worked in the NHS as a doctor for 7 years before joining ISIS to work as a doctor for them. Dr. Abuanza had this to say about the live incineration of the captured Jordanian:“I would’ve liked for them to burn him extremely slowly and I could have treated him again so we could have torched him once more.” Abu Waqqas al-Albani (age unknown, real name unknown), he describes himself as Al-Albani and his hometown was London. Joined ISIS and made videos calling for a Brussels style attack in London, and videos encouraging suicide attacks in London.
I just picked these from top down, left to right, got bored and stopped researching each individual profile, search the rest if you want more. (I am probably on all the watchlists now lol).

The takehome is Western progressive strategy has made everything worse, and will continue to make everything worse.
Contrary to popular views - religious practice, health and social inequalities, discrimination, and political engagement showed no links. What increases risk is youth, wealth, and being in full-time education. Many of our most extreme radicals, willing to die and kill for ISIS, come from areas where discrimination targets Christians, Jews, Hindus Slags, Gays, Drunks, Apostates and so on, and they live well-off with no financial worry. And Germany invited millions of young fundamentalist Sunni men who they're now educating and are counting on to run their country as Germans die out. I'm damn excited at what the hell's going to happen in Germany.

It's funny, I recall watching a BBC interview of Enoch Powell some years ago, where they asked him about what made an Englishman, and what made ethnic Britons of their homelands and not of Britain. He said it wasn't about citizenship or papers, and summed it up as thus: An Englishman born to missionaries in China is not Chinese until he forsakes England, until he does so, England is his home even if he's never seen it. I think the allure of the Caliphate is even stronger than that of the English to England. The English identity is a national one, one regardless of morality. A religious identity is one that sets a moral bar, one of the highest ones to set. To quote Awlaki: "just sick of life in land of kuffar."

If the conclusion ameribros find is that yuropoors are not toleran and progresiv enough, failure will continue to be the result and yuropoors will be europast

Young men with completely different culture and language and no family with minimal prospects in strained social welfare system is another difficulty entirely.
Same difficulty, different problem
To that we are in full agreement

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: July 21, 2016, 06:38:35 pm »

*I guess the Catholic Church and Jews may have a different opinion.
Huh? I don't get it, pls xplehn.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: July 21, 2016, 06:52:03 pm »

Both were persecuted by Roman emperors
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: July 21, 2016, 06:55:16 pm »

But not by ol' C, if I remember correctly... Would've been hard for him to persecute Christians, for purely temporal reasons.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3239 on: July 21, 2016, 06:56:35 pm »

Both were persecuted by Roman emperors
How would it follow they would hate Caesar then? #notallemperors
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 795