Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 795

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1059044 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #3255 on: July 22, 2016, 08:28:46 am »

A resident reports that he was gaming, and then the police came and told him to evacuate his house immediatly because of explosion danger. He says that a while before this, he had heard people shouting "cancer mongloid retard" in the street below. He hopes there's no bomb, because he had to leave his cat behind.

The street is filled with ambulances and fire trucks now too.

A handgrenade has been found in the building and the bomb squad is trying to neutralize it.

Starts to look like what DJ said, guy jumped from the window to save himself and baby. People from the neighborhood say that the child's mother lived there, the man didn't. But "he always was so sweet and happy with his child when he was there. He walked the buggy with a big smile"
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 08:48:32 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: July 22, 2016, 09:21:43 am »

Our Dutch government and justice department have decided that they will immediatly stop extraditing anyone to Turkey 'for an undetermined period of time'.

High judges also call to ignore international treaties that force the Dutch justice department to cooperate with Turkish investigations. Judge commissionar Ronny van de Water says "It is unacceptable that judges are blamed for supporting the coup and fired en masse like this. I know that according to international treaties we are supposed to cooperate. But I also have a conscience, and enough is enough".

I guess that means our government will no longer support the refugee deal with Turkey either.

In other news the bomb squad has managed to safely dismantle the handgrenade and is now searching the appartment for any other explosives. Police just blocked view of the regional news channel's live feed with fences clad in large black screens. So I guess we'll get no more news for a while.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 09:31:41 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3257 on: July 22, 2016, 09:44:17 am »

Tbh international law forces you to anyways

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: July 22, 2016, 09:45:12 am »

Police just blocked view of the regional news channel's live feed with fences clad in large black screens. So I guess we'll get no more news for a while.
Dodgy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: July 22, 2016, 09:45:28 am »

I think the judges will say "sue me I'm giving you jack shit whaddcha gun do", or a more diplomatic "so you want us to share info on behalf of your case. <searching> sorry, nope, we have nothing"

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: July 22, 2016, 09:51:26 am »

The man's mother / the baby's grandmother has been found dead in the appartment.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: July 22, 2016, 10:37:39 am »

I think the judges will say "sue me I'm giving you jack shit whaddcha gun do", or a more diplomatic "so you want us to share info on behalf of your case. <searching> sorry, nope, we have nothing"
Yeah, there's more than one way to be uncooperative than just outright saying you won't comply.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: July 22, 2016, 11:12:22 am »

If Netherlands broke the international law like that, who would enforce it and how? It's not like you can effectively embargo a single EU country, and embargoing all of EU is economic suicide.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:14:07 am by DJ »
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: July 22, 2016, 11:45:42 am »

All I can say to the man jumping out of not-burning building with baby, then bomb squad over a grenade (a grenade seems easy to deal with, but what do I know), then woman found dead in apartment is..... Huh? I got what Martinuzz said, it's just the whole situation seems confusing.

What's the root of it, tensions between Turkish groups?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: July 22, 2016, 11:48:30 am »

Newspaper reports now that the 11-month old baby's mother arrived at the grandmother's house to collect the baby. Inside she was met by her ex husband who had a grenade. She says he dragged her into a room.... Then she got away, and the ex husband jumped from the window with the child. The mother says she doesn't know how the grandmother died.

Dunno. Smells fishy. I'd keep the lady in custody or at least tell her to not leave the country. She 'got away' without taking her child while under threat of a grenade? Really?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: July 22, 2016, 11:57:02 am »

Shots have just been fired in a shopping mall in Munich. There's reports of multiple dead, other reports of multiple wounded. Police have responded in large numbers and are cordonning off the area.

https://www.rt.com/news/352727-munich-reports-shooting-running/

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: July 22, 2016, 11:58:44 am »

Saw an uncofirmed report about another incident in a cafe.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: July 22, 2016, 11:59:32 am »

This getting ridiculous. We've gone from a few terrorist attacks per year to a few per week in Europe over the past month.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: July 22, 2016, 12:08:00 pm »

This getting ridiculous. We've gone from a few terrorist attacks per year to a few per week in Europe over the past month.

Just means that ISIS is getting desperate. But yes, it's ridiculous.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: July 22, 2016, 12:09:39 pm »

Could also mean Yooro security services aren't very good at their jobs.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 795