Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006899 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #1755 on: April 15, 2016, 10:01:29 am »

Apparently Merkel has decided to allow Böhmermann's case to be reviewed by the German courts. SPD, Greens, and LINKE are verbally running amok. The SZ has a collection of reactions. I especially like the last one:
The government has decided to leave the verdict to German courts. I find myself unable to be upset with that.
I'm just going to leave this here:
Great job, Merkel. Great fucking job. It's hard to believe that such concentration of pure failure can exist in a single person that's supposed to rule over a non-"banana republic" state. Fucking up economical recovery of the biggest and most developed economical block on the planet (lel austerity), fucking up on the refugee issue, fucking up nuclear energy (only to replace it with coal, which actually releases 20 times more radioactive materials than nuclear energy does LEL), and fucking up German's army to the extent of it using fucking brooms instead of actual weapons... have I missed anything?
._.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: April 15, 2016, 10:42:40 am »

That's a cute avatar. #offtopic
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: April 15, 2016, 10:56:06 am »

Looks like it's supposed to be a stylized sun to me, or possibly a windmill (because Dutch), but I get the point there. What's the German word for Faux Pas? just out of curiosity.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: April 15, 2016, 11:01:07 am »

Looks like it's supposed to be a stylized sun to me, or possibly a windmill (because Dutch), but I get the point there. What's the German word for Faux Pas? just out of curiosity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfl6Lu3xQW0
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: April 15, 2016, 12:41:33 pm »

I can't get too mad about how hitler ruined a moustache, but I'm really mad about how he ruined a whole bunch of rotational symmetry.

Why the hell couldn't the damned nazis have chosen a more complicated symbol, like the confederate flag? This would have never happen with that.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1760 on: April 15, 2016, 12:43:30 pm »

Nazis ruined Nazi uniforms. :c
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: April 15, 2016, 02:36:39 pm »

That's a cute avatar. #offtopic
Yeah, it is. It really really is. "cheered me up from moderate depression to moderate happiness in less than 24 hours" level of cute. #offtopic

I can't get too mad about how hitler ruined a moustache, but I'm really mad about how he ruined a whole bunch of rotational symmetry.

Why the hell couldn't the damned nazis have chosen a more complicated symbol, like the confederate flag? This would have never happen with that.
That's nothing; USSR & Maoist China have ruined (for a sizeable portion of humanity) everything colored red. Can't beat that!
._.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: April 15, 2016, 02:41:17 pm »

Everything red? I beg to differ. ;)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: April 15, 2016, 03:20:50 pm »

Apparently Merkel has decided to allow Böhmermann's case to be reviewed by the German courts. SPD, Greens, and LINKE are verbally running amok. The SZ has a collection of reactions. I especially like the last one:
The government has decided to leave the verdict to German courts. I find myself unable to be upset with that.
Yeah, but still it's more complicated: It seems this is already used in Turkey as justification for even more suppression of free speech.

Once again, everything's just fucked up.
Taste my Paci-Fist

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: April 15, 2016, 04:05:04 pm »

Yeah, but still it's more complicated: It seems this is already used in Turkey as justification for even more suppression of free speech.

Once again, everything's just fucked up.

So, Turkey is using 'not getting their way' as justification?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: April 15, 2016, 04:12:44 pm »

*Erdogan

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: April 15, 2016, 05:28:10 pm »

*Erdogan
That's His Imperial Majesty, Sultan Erdogan Khan, King of the Turks, Lord of Anatolia and the Bosphorus, for you.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1767 on: April 15, 2016, 05:32:00 pm »

*Erdogan
That's His Imperial Majesty, Sultan Erdogan Khan, King of the Turks, Lord of Anatolia and the Bosphorus, for you.
Bullshit.
God Emperor of Mankind is the only true Lord Of Anatolia. He was there first.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: April 15, 2016, 05:39:32 pm »

*Erdogan
Bullshit.
God Emperor of Mankind is the only true Lord Of Anatolia. He was there first.
Peer into your heart. You know His true identity. Erdogan Protects
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1769 on: April 15, 2016, 05:42:09 pm »

Spoiler: Oh shit. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 06:01:26 pm by Kot »
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 793