Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72380 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #840 on: January 25, 2016, 03:29:36 am »

Azem long considered Fusil (and indeed all the gods) to be playing right into the Void's appendages.
Does that include himself?

The current excuse for the super late update is preparation for a nice job opportunity. Most of the Tick text is done now.
Here's to hoping you get that job!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: January 25, 2016, 03:38:32 am »

Azem long considered Fusil (and indeed all the gods) to be playing right into the Void's appendages.
Does that include himself?

The current excuse for the super late update is preparation for a nice job opportunity. Most of the Tick text is done now.
Here's to hoping you get that job!
Not really. Azem pretty much considered himself to be the only sane god after awhile.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: January 25, 2016, 07:44:25 am »

Do we have a magic system yet?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 25, 2016, 08:24:29 am »

Do we have a magic system yet?
Yes. We have Arcane Thaumic System and Micelus Throatsinging/Thu'um.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 25, 2016, 08:29:31 am »

The throatsinging is part of the thaumic system though. Instead of making hand gestures, the caster sings.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: January 25, 2016, 09:43:44 am »

My headcanon is that Khoomei is a lot like Finnish poem-singing. Ancient Finns believed that knowledge on the nature of something equals power over it. In the manner of many other cultures with oral traditions, this knowledge was stored in poems. Shamans ('tietäjä'; lit. 'one who knows') could then sing the poems and cast magic that way.

The Finnish national epic, the Kalevala, has a famous poem-song about a wizard duel. (Yo dawg, I herd u liek poem-singing...) The duel bears an uncanny resemblance to a modern rap battle, with the combatants singing and bragging about how much they know. The winner sings his opponent into a swamp. What that actually means is up to interpretation, but magic is certainly involved.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 25, 2016, 10:08:09 am »

My headcanon is that Khoomei is a lot like Finnish poem-singing. Ancient Finns believed that knowledge on the nature of something equals power over it. In the manner of many other cultures with oral traditions, this knowledge was stored in poems. Shamans ('tietäjä'; lit. 'one who knows') could then sing the poems and cast magic that way.

The Finnish national epic, the Kalevala, has a famous poem-song about a wizard duel. (Yo dawg, I herd u liek poem-singing...) The duel bears an uncanny resemblance to a modern rap battle, with the combatants singing and bragging about how much they know. The winner sings his opponent into a swamp. What that actually means is up to interpretation, but magic is certainly involved.

I really like that head cannon.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: January 25, 2016, 10:15:52 am »

That sounds interesting. Is there an english translation, and if yes, could I get a link please?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: January 25, 2016, 10:23:58 am »

I'm in the unusual position of wanting to create angels using a nonexistent creature as a base. Since I have so many Shiny Ones to make they'll all probably be novice agents who fight together.

Or the reborn Amathet and Sapphira can be a power duo, I haven't decided.

Fun fact, it was my own personal paranoid headcanon that Fusil was driven insane by the Void. Either directly or indirectly. It makes a frightening amount of sense if you go back to the earlier ticks and realize how much less of an arrogant megalomaniac Fusil was. Of course, I'm biased, since a lot of this idea has to do with the fact that Azem long considered Fusil (and indeed all the gods) to be playing right into the Void's appendages.

Eh, Fusil was the only sane one. At the start, he had no followers to protect and no enemies. As the game went on, he learned more about the Void, had squishy followers he wanted to keep from getting squished, and couldn't trust the other Gods making him more paranoid than anything (which is a perfectly reasonable response all things considered).

Good luck! Nice jobs are nice.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: January 25, 2016, 10:27:05 am »

That's awesome, Good Luck getting a job!

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: January 25, 2016, 10:31:46 am »

Awesome!

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: January 25, 2016, 10:49:24 am »

Well, kinda need a magic system for the Alfar to work. So better put it here, so I can easily refer to it when I make them.
Spoiler: Nature Magic (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 10:56:03 am by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: January 25, 2016, 12:11:53 pm »

That sounds interesting. Is there an english translation, and if yes, could I get a link please?
I'm not sure if it's ever been translated, at least based on my cursory Google search. I could try to translate it myself when I have the time, but not now. If you want to go searching by yourself, the duel was between the characters Väinämöinen and Joukahainen, and is in the story segment of the latter.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: January 25, 2016, 12:18:27 pm »

Whats the point of giving creatures physical traits when you can just give them the shapeshifter ability? Also, if something shapeshifts into something, do they gain the abilities of what they shapeshifted into?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: January 25, 2016, 01:11:38 pm »

Whats the point of giving creatures physical traits when you can just give them the shapeshifter ability? Also, if something shapeshifts into something, do they gain the abilities of what they shapeshifted into?
All the actually worth it shapeshifting edges are only available to agents (all those above novice)
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 71