Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72530 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #690 on: January 21, 2016, 07:20:52 pm »

Price Check$$$
Spoiler: Carriers (click to show/hide)

Price Check$$$
Spoiler: Stranger's Throat (click to show/hide)
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 21, 2016, 07:40:26 pm »

I actually quite liked the Don and his speech!

Edit: someone's kinda stealin' from MGSV :o
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 07:42:58 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 21, 2016, 07:41:27 pm »

I actually quite liked the Don and his speech!
I loved his newyork/chicago mafia speak!
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 21, 2016, 07:42:47 pm »

Good lo'd Stirk, why did you have to RP an eternally positive character :P

All the exclaiming..!
Yeah, I quite like that about Phonoi.

EDIT:
$$$
Price check on Action cost of training with Flux
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 08:14:28 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 21, 2016, 08:37:17 pm »

Good lo'd Stirk, why did you have to RP an eternally positive character :P

All the exclaiming..!
Yeah, I quite like that about Phonoi.

EDIT:
$$$
Price check on Action cost of training with Flux

Flux no longer increases, Training with it would be pointless.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 21, 2016, 08:45:17 pm »

Spoiler: Elf FLuff (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elf Crunch (click to show/hide)
This is a recipe for plague. Add Immunity(disease) or they'll probably be hit hard by plague.

*Micelus frowns at the sight of GGS being used as a source.*

I don't see anything in Stirk's sheet that would expose them to the same problem as Native Americans.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 21, 2016, 09:13:01 pm »

They're not a reliable source?

I don't see anything in Stirk's sheet that would expose them to the same problem as Native Americans.
Not the same problems as the Native Americans - the same problems as the people of the Old World, i.e. having plagues but not getting wiped out because of them.

I think I found a case of contradiction within the rules.

1 Advance = Gain a skill point xor double starting wealth (for starting equipment) (default/base: $500)
This quote says that an advance gives a skill point.

Advances can be spent on the following, quoted from the book:
Quote from: Test Drive rulebook
        Gain a new Edge.
        Increase one skill that is currently equal to or greater than its linked attribute.
        Increase two skills that are currently less than their linked attributes.
        Buy a new skill at d4.
This quote says that an advance gives a skill.

Step 4: Spend 15 points in skills:
        1 point for every skill die type increment below or equal to its controlling attribute (e.g. with an Agility of d6, raising a skill like Shooting to d6 or less)
        2 points for every skill die type increment above its controlling attribute (e.g. with an Agility of d6, raising a skill like Shooting to d8 or above)
According to the first quote, you getting a skill costs 1 Advance if it's lower than or equal to its controlling attribute or 2 if it's higher.
According to the second quote, an advance lets you get 2 skills if they're lower or equal to their controlling attribute or only 1 skill if it's higher.
You can get more skills per Advance going by the second quote than by the first.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 21, 2016, 09:22:32 pm »

Not the same problems as the Native Americans - the same problems as the people of the Old World, i.e. having plagues but not getting wiped out because of them.

1 Advance = Gain a skill point xor double starting wealth (for starting equipment) (default/base: $500)

Gain a new Edge.
        Increase one skill that is currently equal to or greater than its linked attribute.
        Buy a new skill at d4.

1 point for every skill die type increment below or equal to its controlling attribute (e.g. with an Agility of d6, raising a skill like Shooting to d6 or less)
        2 points for every skill die type increment above its controlling attribute (e.g. with an Agility of d6, raising a skill like Shooting to d8 or above)
According to the first quote, you getting a skill costs 1 Advance if it's lower than or equal to its controlling attribute or 2 if it's higher.
According to the second quote, an advance lets you get 2 skills if they're lower or equal to their controlling attribute or only 1 skill if it's higher.
You can get more skills per Advance going by the second quote than by the first.

1. Not really a reliable source. I did discuss that a little before^. Reliable sources source reliable sources.

2. No, there are two different types of Advances. The first Advance is the one used when creating characters, the one you quoted for leveling them up.
Relevant quote:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 21, 2016, 09:33:14 pm »

Gain a new Edge.
        Buy a new skill at d4.

Diamond is well... Wrong. He tried to apply a general theory to history and history isn't a scientific field. It don't work. It sounds reasonable and its sounds like a really attractive idea, but you really can't apply a theory as to why history went as it did.

Also I still don't see the problem Andres; if they have plagues and aren't going extinct, what's the problem? Or do you mean the elves are supposed to be immune but lack immunity as a trait?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 21, 2016, 09:40:05 pm »

2. No, there are two different types of Advances. The first Advance is the one used when creating characters, the one you quoted for leveling them up.
Relevant quote:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Please don't write the way you did in the spoiler. It's annoying to read. Aside from that, thanks for the explanation, but I still don't understand. How do I tell the difference between creation Advances and "level up" Advances? When does the "levelling up" happen? What are the level up Advances used for? Why is there a difference between level up Advances and creation Advances?

Also I still don't see the problem Andres; if they have plagues and aren't going extinct, what's the problem? Or do you mean the elves are supposed to be immune but lack immunity as a trait?
The point was that unless they had immunity to disease, the Elves would get occasional plagues like Old World humans did. They wouldn't go extinct but if the Black Plague showed up, that's 2/3 Elves gone.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:46:36 pm by Andres »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 21, 2016, 09:52:56 pm »

That's true with every other race though lacking immunity.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 21, 2016, 09:59:55 pm »

*frustrated groan* Yes, but other races don't deal with domesticated animals as much as Elves, meaning they're less likely to come across a Black Plague and die. Do I need to continue to explain my previous reasoning for why Elves need disease immunity more than other races or is that enough?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 10:07:11 pm by Andres »

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 21, 2016, 10:03:48 pm »

*frustrated groan* Yes, but other races don't deal with domesticated animals as much as Elves, meaning they're less likely to come across a Black Plague and die. Do I need to explain my previous reasoning further or is that enough?

You're right.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 21, 2016, 10:04:54 pm »

Fluff wise, that's enough reasoning. Crunch wise, doubt anything is going to happen without some nudging.

Of course it might also just result in elves getting natural immunity over time.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 21, 2016, 10:07:03 pm »

Fluff wise, that's enough reasoning. Crunch wise, doubt anything is going to happen without some nudging.

Of course it might also just result in elves getting natural immunity over time.
You are probably right
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 71