Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72474 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #510 on: January 18, 2016, 01:28:24 am »

I like big letters D:

EDIT: Ohhhhh. Editing error. Will fix.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 18, 2016, 01:37:10 am »

Æthereals : Sable's children (I have no idea where their trait sheet is so this is pretty bare for now).
I think I'll just create all-new stuff. All my other things will stay in the other settings.

Except maybe that one thing...

I can't use Yggdrashell to help me, either...

$$$
Trait: [Ethereal] An incorporeal being made of pure energy, with very limited physical presence.
Trait: [Strongly Arcane] A larger percentage of the population has innate magic. 35%? Replaces [Arcane Background].
What exactly is the difference between [Defense] and [Protection]?
Does [Slightly Magical] limit the entire race to a single school, or each individual to a single school?

Spoiler: Æthereal (WIP) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Greater Æthereal (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Amilyd (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Protorum, The First (click to show/hide)

It seems that I can't figure out the agent creation rules.

I tried to help you out last time, look below your first post from my comments.

Ah, I must have missed it.

To start, he's based on the Greater Æthereal:

Spoiler: Greater Æthereal (click to show/hide)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 18, 2016, 03:12:07 am »

I made a new race, please enjoy

Kappa

Kappa are small amphibious creatures that live in rivers,Kappa have a roughly humanoid in form,a turtle shell and a beak,its scaly reptilian skin ranges in color from green to yellow or blue,two of there most interesting feature is that they have an unique dish-like structure on their heads, which must remain filled with water for them to move around on land ,should the contents of this dish be spilled the kappa will lose its power until it is filled again,the other interesting feature is that the arms are connected to each other through the torso and can slide from one side to the other for protection,they also have a slat deficiency and are extremely fond of cucumbers which are the most common gift they will give anyone.

Interestingly all kappa are geniuses at the things they care about, but they don't work well in groups and they are ill-suited for long term construction projects because of this,however that doesn't mean they stay away from each other and tend to build towns,each house built by a single Kappa and often resided in by the builder. When in towns or cities they often keep to themselves when it comes to work,however they will gladly talk to one another,usually about what exactly they are doing that is important,and rarely work on something together (however it usually ends with a negative result)they will never give up on a project unless its proven impossible by almost everyone else.The few kappa that are able to use magic use it in the form of water for obvious reasons and usually use there talents for irrigation,however will use it in a form of attack should the need arise.
Tier 4

(Amphibious) (Dodge) (Novice edge McGyver,Strong Willed,Jack of all trades & Scholar.) (Defence +2) (Keen sight) (Dark vision) (Minor hindrance's Big mouth(The other more annoying when talking kind),Cautious,Stubborn,Loyal) (Major hindrance's Small,Curious.) (Ugly)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 08:35:22 am by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 18, 2016, 03:24:21 am »

however will use it in a form of magic known as danmaku if attacked,although this rarely kills,usually disabling or injuring what they are fighting
Ew. Get that touhou out of fun god game.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 18, 2016, 03:39:12 am »

*looks at poll*
:'( Why are you all so mean to me. :'(
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 18, 2016, 03:43:57 am »

For obvious reasons presumably.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 18, 2016, 03:55:14 am »

It doesn't matter! I've got a REALLY COOL NAME I can give them! And when I give them that name you're all gonna be jealous and wish you hadn't voted to take their name away! I hate you all! *shuts self in room and angsts*
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 18, 2016, 03:57:02 am »

Trolls: Muske's children (I have no idea where their trait sheet is so this is pretty bare for now).
"Yes. It is time for more friends to exist in this great existence."

Create three units of Trolls and put them in stasis.
Spoiler: Trolls (click to show/hide)

Unusually, I already have two more race ideas. Tiny feral "Goblins", and large quadruped "Greater Trolls".

We'll see if I ever puzzle out traits and a description for them...
Trolls don't even have sunlight weakness, protection, greater size or regeneration. Fail!

A shadow ruptures.

"I have consulted your previous words Eid. I see no hint of a great distance between the Humanities."
"But there's also no hint of the opposite being true. It's a case of Schrodinger's Box where the distance between your Humans and mine can either be short or long or both until it's observed, except at one point I said it's long and I'm a god which probably made it a long distance between them due to divine quantum time-wimey god physics mechanics."
Lol

*looks at poll*
Several reasons:
A) I like the new name for your humans better
B) Your humans are incredibly bland. They're basically just a wizard subspecies of Negre's humans imo.
C) Naming lizardmen humans would be just confusing
D) Negre's humans are interesting, and still recognizably human.
It doesn't matter! I've got a REALLY COOL NAME I can give them! And when I give them that name you're all gonna be jealous and wish you hadn't voted to take their name away! I hate you all! *shuts self in room and angsts*
lol
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 04:06:04 am by Demonic Spoon »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 18, 2016, 03:59:27 am »

Micelus' humans are getting the most attention because they have an actual description. A vague one-liner, unless extremely clever, is not enough to make a race interesting and unique.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 18, 2016, 04:04:07 am »

Ok, just gonna say now that I wasn't serious about that at all. The accusation of meanness and the smileys were flags to signify that it was a joke.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 18, 2016, 04:09:02 am »

Trolls: Muske's children (I have no idea where their trait sheet is so this is pretty bare for now).
"Yes. It is time for more friends to exist in this great existence."

Create three units of Trolls and put them in stasis.
Spoiler: Trolls (click to show/hide)

Unusually, I already have two more race ideas. Tiny feral "Goblins", and large quadruped "Greater Trolls".

We'll see if I ever puzzle out traits and a description for them...
Trolls don't even have sunlight weakness, protection, greater size or regeneration. Fail!

A shadow ruptures.

"I have consulted your previous words Eid. I see no hint of a great distance between the Humanities."
"But there's also no hint of the opposite being true. It's a case of Schrodinger's Box where the distance between your Humans and mine can either be short or long or both until it's observed, except at one point I said it's long and I'm a god which probably made it a long distance between them due to divine quantum time-wimey god physics mechanics."
Lol

*looks at poll*
Several reasons:
A) I like the new name for your humans better
B) Your humans are incredibly bland. They're basically just a wizard subspecies of Negre's humans imo.
C) Naming lizardmen humans would be just confusing
D) Negre's humans are interesting, and still recognizably human.
lol
I was making them on a budget. And then realized we start with 20 essence. Don't worry, I plan to make some "proper" trolls.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 18, 2016, 04:11:49 am »

$$$
Boring a large hole through the crust between the inner hollow world and the outer surface world.
Planning to pierce the heavens?
Anyway.

€€€

Creating the Wings of Si.
Spoiler: Wings of Si (click to show/hide)
I'm mostly curious if it's a Greater, Major, or Unique artifact (I can make any of them, except for Unique).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 04:17:17 am by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 18, 2016, 04:21:28 am »

Micelus' humans are getting the most attention because they have an actual description. A vague one-liner, unless extremely clever, is not enough to make a race interesting and unique.
Basically this.

$$$
Dragonfalls:
A hundred kilometre tall obsidian-tower with a smooth, frictionless surface. At the top of the tower if the dragonfount, which spouts out an endless geyser of hot as dragonfire liquid water, cascading down the sides in a circular waterfall. As it fall the water slowly cools, being merely boiling at the bottom. If a fish, reptile or lesser dragon manages to swim up the waterfall and reach the top, they are rewarded with a transformation into a true dragon. If they fly, teleport or otherwise cheat somehow, they fail to get any reward. Gaining immunity to heat doesn't count as cheating. The top of the of the tower is permanently shrouded in a titanic aurora.
Art of Breath: Magic focused on the act of breathing. It's main use is turning expelled breath into strong gales, breathing inward gaining great sucking force, or enhancing breath weapons. Powered by fat reserves.
Art of Sky: Practitioners gain control over the weather, with the magic powered by altitude (as measured from the molten planet core of the world). As such it is weaker/more dangerous on the hollow inside surface of the planet than the outside. Particularly ambitious magic can suck you straight to a fiery death in the molten core/cause a lethal crash into the ground if you're not careful. Users often fly up as high as they can before beginning any spells of this magic.
Art of Scales: A purely defensive magic, that can enhance the defensive powers of the practitioner, hardening their scales, giving them immunity to certain type of damage like acid or reflecting arrows back at the caster for example. Personal magic that works on the caster only, and only works on creatures with scales. Powered by thaums.
Art of Fire: Magic that creates and controls fire. Fireballs, firestorms etc. Can be used to enhance firebreath, and synergises with Art of Breath if both are used to do this. Powered by sight, the user giving up seconds/minutes/hours/days of sight depending upon the power his spells. If already permanently blind (whether from using Art of Fire or something else, non-permanent blindness just means the duration of the blindness increases. Duration longer than century functions as permanent for the purposes of Art of Fire) he must choose an additional sense to lose access to. If completely senseless, the caster cannot use Art of Fire.
Cursing Lightning Pterodactyls with a Major Phobia of Dragons
Cursing Kappa with Blindness

Would dragon sphere discounts apply to any of these? If it doesn't already apply to the arts, would it apply to them if I made them dragon only?

$$$
Boring a large hole through the crust between the inner hollow world and the outer surface world.
Planning to pierce the heavens?
Making a gateway city between the two worlds actually. It'd be a trading superpower hopefully.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 05:49:29 am by Demonic Spoon »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 18, 2016, 05:00:00 am »

Hm... these animals give me an idea.

Kinda have to make up some traits though (Speed +, Edit: Add some more), so they're dependent on whether or not the traits are accepted.
Spoiler: Great Wolves (click to show/hide)
And now I've topped my Forge Demons in unoriginality.

Edit: Changed the stats.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 05:47:00 am by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 18, 2016, 05:08:47 am »

Hm... these animals give me an idea.

Kinda have to make up some traits though (Speed +, and Attribute -), so they're dependent on whether or not the traits are accepted.
Spoiler: Great Wolves (click to show/hide)
And now I've topped my Forge Demons in unoriginality.
Giant sky wolves arent too bad in terms of orinality. Please take note of size costs though

Size (number indicates cost):
   -1 (cats, fairies, pixies, rats, dogs)
   0 (large dogs, bobcats, goblins, humans, orcs)
   +1 (bulls, gorillas, bears, horses, ogres, rhinos, great white sharks)
   +2 (elephants, drakes, t-rexes, orcas)
   +3 (dragons, blue whales, krakens, leviathans)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 05:15:33 am by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 71