Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72294 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #525 on: January 18, 2016, 05:11:48 am »

Hm... these animals give me an idea.

Kinda have to make up some traits though (Speed +, and Attribute -), so they're dependent on whether or not the traits are accepted.
Spoiler: Great Wolves (click to show/hide)
And now I've topped my Forge Demons in unoriginality.
Giant sky wolves arent too bad in terms of personality. Please take note of size costs though

Size (number indicates cost):
   -1 (cats, fairies, pixies, rats, dogs)
   0 (large dogs, bobcats, goblins, humans, orcs)
   +1 (bulls, gorillas, bears, horses, ogres, rhinos, great white sharks)
   +2 (elephants, drakes, t-rexes, orcas)
   +3 (dragons, blue whales, krakens, leviathans)
Well s***. I can't really add anymore hindrances, so I'd have to remove an advantage to get the size.
Spoiler: Also (click to show/hide)
Norse mythology 101.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 18, 2016, 05:16:59 am »

Kinda have to make up some traits though (Speed +, and Attribute -), so they're dependent on whether or not the traits are accepted.
Giant sky wolves arent too bad in terms of personality. Please take note of size costs though

Well s***. I can't really add anymore hindrances, so I'd have to remove an advantage to get the size.
Norse mythology 101.
Still better than humans. 5 times the size of a normal wolf would probably just be size+1 so not too expensive I think.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 18, 2016, 05:20:13 am »

How about Mean, All Thumbs, Illiterate, and Phobia(fire)?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 18, 2016, 05:24:18 am »

How about Mean, All Thumbs, Illiterate, and Phobia(fire)?
Kinda already covered.
The All Thumbs and Illiterate is covered by Smarts -2, and Phobia (fire) is covered by Resistance (heat) -1

Norse mythology 101.
Still better than humans. 5 times the size of a normal wolf would probably just be size+1 so not too expensive I think.
Those wolves in the picture doesn't look bull sized, so I'll go for elephant size. May need to edit the description.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 18, 2016, 05:25:05 am »

Bloodthirsty probably works well Happy Demon.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 18, 2016, 05:29:26 am »

So Stirk, Drakan made a literal slave race in the form of the Drakes. Are you telling me you're gonna start killing them off because of their servile nature?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 18, 2016, 05:35:43 am »

So Stirk, Drakan made a literal slave race in the form of the Drakes. Are you telling me you're gonna start killing them off because of their servile nature?
Stirk opposes servant races now? Did I miss something?

Fakeedit:
Symbol: A simple wheel, often being pushed up a hill in more detailed paintings. Often, places of worship can just as easily be identified by the near-constant chant of "Chugga-Chugga" emitting from the training worshipers, perhaps even a celebratory "WOOO WOOOO!" in special occasions such as weddings.
Lol
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 05:37:26 am by Demonic Spoon »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 18, 2016, 05:42:44 am »

Phonoi would be super-annoyed at you making these and would kill them all, which was serious. These things exist only to be your slaves, they have no Potential at all. Their only hope would be for Liberation, one way or another. At the very least you can't expect anyone else to care about them, they may have Potential as experience point fodder. Besides, do you even know who the Phonoi where?

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 18, 2016, 05:43:02 am »

*sigh*
I had to apply redundant hindrances to get it into a Tier 4.

Kinda have to make up some traits though (Speed +, and Attribute - Edit: Add some more), so they're dependent on whether or not the traits are accepted.

Edit: Changed the stats.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 18, 2016, 05:54:39 am »

Phonoi would be super-annoyed at you making these and would kill them all, which was serious. These things exist only to be your slaves, they have no Potential at all. Their only hope would be for Liberation, one way or another. At the very least you can't expect anyone else to care about them, they may have Potential as experience point fodder. Besides, do you even know who the Phonoi where?
Drakes have plenty of potential though. I mean, even them rising up against their dragon masters is theoretically possible. I just tried to make them inclined to a servant relationship to the Dragons with description and traits (fear ensures loyalty!). I don't have a major vow hindrance that forces them to obey. There's a big difference.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 18, 2016, 05:58:03 am »

Drakes have plenty of potential though. I mean, even them rising up against their dragon masters is theoretically possible. I just tried to make them inclined to a servant relationship to the Dragons with description and traits (fear ensures loyalty!). I don't have a major vow hindrance that forces them to obey. There's a big difference.
Technically the vows in my original designs for Elves/Humans were minor, but that's all I'll say on the matter. You make some good arguments, after all.

Ok, I've come up with a magic school which I'll release next Tick when my Actions are recharged (and maybe when I can create an angel). This is going to be fun.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 06:01:32 am by Andres »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 18, 2016, 06:18:33 am »

Technically the vows in my original designs for Elves/Humans were minor, but that's all I'll say on the matter. You make some good arguments, after all.

Ok, I've come up with a magic school which I'll release next Tick when my Actions are recharged (and maybe when I can create an angel). This is going to be fun.
Curiosity compels me to ask what the magic school is.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 18, 2016, 06:47:48 am »

however will use it in a form of magic known as danmaku if attacked,although this rarely kills,usually disabling or injuring what they are fighting
Ew. Get that touhou out of fun god game.
wow rude...
Cursing Kappa with Blindness
Really.....You do know i already made multiple things about other races similar to not only the actual Japanese mith but also added a slight touhou spin to some of them right? Besides the only people who really hate touhou are people who eater hate japan or just suck at bullet hell.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 18, 2016, 06:57:59 am »

however will use it in a form of magic known as danmaku if attacked,although this rarely kills,usually disabling or injuring what they are fighting
Ew. Get that touhou out of fun god game.
wow rude...
Suddenly Touhou is toxic. Please remove it.
Cursing Kappa with Blindness
Really.....
Yes really. Alternatively I can just kill them all.
You do know i already made multiple things about other races similar to not only the actual Japanese mith but also added a slight touhou spin to some of them right?
Yes, I know you made several other races based on Japanese mythology. I was even charitably willing to allow tinkering inclined kappa that were no doubt inspired by Touhou but then suddenly Danmaku. Ew.
Besides the only people who really hate touhou are people who eater hate japan or just suck at bullet hell.
I'm neither yet dislike Touhou. Explain!

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 18, 2016, 07:11:30 am »

Yeah, I'll side with Spoon here. I dig Touhou (why I call Ideina by her last name exclusively), but danmaku doesn't really fit into the theme of this game.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 71