Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72625 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2016, 07:05:49 pm »

We had a creepy goddess of pain once, anyone remember? I don't think she did much, but it's hard to tell when the most important actions and conflicts of YG1 were all secret.
Yes we did have a Goddess of Torture/Pain. She was actually fairly nice.

She tortured/pained people, and planned to do that to the entire world. You just aren't a great judge of character.

Spoiler: A Certain Cat: (click to show/hide)

The inevitable results of Phonoi training the clowns in combat.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2016, 07:33:09 pm »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2016, 07:34:31 pm »

Honk~

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2016, 07:38:38 pm »

STOP CHANNELLING PSYCHO GAMZEE.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 11, 2016, 07:39:30 pm »

You're in luck. We don't have nearly enough faygo to summon him.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 11, 2016, 07:55:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
1 unit of those should cost 5.2 essence right?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 11, 2016, 08:21:23 pm »

We had a creepy goddess of pain once, anyone remember? I don't think she did much, but it's hard to tell when the most important actions and conflicts of YG1 were all secret.

She tortured/pained people, and planned to do that to the entire world. You just aren't a great judge of character.
She only tortured people who were pretty much cool with it, and bringing pain to everyone was her way of spreading her gifts. If gift-giving isn't considered "nice", I don't know what is.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 11, 2016, 08:45:54 pm »

She only tortured people who were pretty much cool with it, and bringing pain to everyone was her way of spreading her gifts. If gift-giving isn't considered "nice", I don't know what is.

1. Publicly. She tortured people who where generally OK with it, or her own people publicly. You really should be more paranoid by this point, she obviously wouldn't do something that would get armies of Gods chopping for her neck where everyone can see it.
2. Torturing people isn't nice  ::). Her plans where to torture everyone in the world, the majority of whom would not enjoy it.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2016, 08:53:46 pm »

Dunno what god you guys are talking about but it sounds like a BDSM goddess, which isn't necessarily bad. I mean, torturing everyone in the world isn't bad if they like it...and that could be achieved through missionary work, yeah?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2016, 08:56:48 pm »

2. Torturing people isn't nice  ::). Her plans where to torture everyone in the world, the majority of whom would not enjoy it.
So you're saying that good and evil are definitely subjective, but somehow niceness isn't? Maybe I should price check a [Nice] trait just to mess with you... :P

Dunno what god you guys are talking about but it sounds like a BDSM goddess, which isn't necessarily bad. I mean, torturing everyone in the world isn't bad if they like it...and that could be achieved through missionary work, yeah?
The BDSM goddess also tortured people who didn't like it. In fact, only she like it...maybe. If I remember correctly, her race didn't hate being tortured but they didn't find it pleasurable either. So not really a BDSM goddess so much as a goddess that just tortures people.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 08:59:35 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2016, 08:59:22 pm »

That would still be "Stealing everyone else's followers", which is generally considered "not pretty nice".

So you're saying that good and evil are definitely subjective, but somehow niceness isn't? Maybe I should price check a [Nice] trait just to mess with you... :P

I didn't say that. Literally at all ever.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 11, 2016, 09:00:46 pm »

I didn't say that. Literally at all ever.
Well you're clearly defining what's not nice. You're not saying that torturing people who don't want it is not nice from a certain point of view, you're just say it's not nice.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2016, 09:01:17 pm »

What mortals not allowed to worship multiple gods?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 11, 2016, 09:03:45 pm »

Well you're clearly defining what's not nice. You're not saying that torturing people who don't want it is not nice from a certain point of view, you're just say it's not nice.

Subjective statements don't have to state they are subjective any more than objective statements have to say they are objective.

What mortals not allowed to worship multiple gods?

They are, but they can only have one Primary.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 71