Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72635 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2016, 02:23:43 am »

Even if [Climbing] costs 1 point, I still have 2 points remaining on my creatures.
I can't really think of anything to pick that wouldn't mess up the idea behind them.

Well, guess I'll just have them be Tier 1, except using 0/2 points.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2016, 03:50:46 am »

KJP, you missed my price check on the Aligned trait.

It's not like there's ever an established morality beyond no god killing and no destroying the universe. And maybe a selfishly passed rule against extinction events if the mortals are lucky.

When was that established? I killed gods all the time and people stopped caring eventually. "Oh Look. Yaos got offed again by winged monkeys. Hohum."
"Gods". You only ever killed one god. ::) Even then it took you five tries before you finally succeeded. ::)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2016, 03:57:55 am »

Happy Demon: Confirming the nature of the difference between Defense and Protection

Rolepgeek:
Quote from: Full sourcebook on Loyal (minor)
Your character may not be a hero, but he’d give his life for his friends. This character can never leave a man behind if there’s any chance at all he could help.
YGL interpretation: Can cause those with Loyal to help those who serve their creators at any cost
Quote from: Full sourcebook on Heroic (major)
This noble soul never says no to a person in need. She doesn’t have to be happy about it, but she always comes to the rescue of those she feels can’t help themselves. She’s the first one to run into a burning building, usually agrees to hunt monsters for little or no pay, and is generally a pushover for a sob story.
YGL interpretation: Adds a high-priority distraction in the form of distressed mortals
Quote from: Full sourcebook on Vows (minor or major)
The character has a vow of some sort. Whether it’s Major or Minor depends on the Vow itself. Some may have Vows to particular orders or causes, to the Hippocratic Oath, to rid the world of evil, and so on. The danger in fulfilling the Vow and how often it might occur determines the level of the Hindrance. Whatever the Vow, it’s only a Hindrance if it actually comes into play from time to time and causes the character some discomfort.
YGL interpretation: If it's serious enough to earn a Vow Hindrance instead of just a vow, it's probably going to cause trouble or at least restrict actions quite a bit.

micelus: Nergu updated

Stirk: Not for all of them, but taking multiple Extra Hands is fine.

Andres: There is no Aligned trait at the moment because sphere stuff hasn't been handed out yet. Rest assured that the effects will be more explicit than before.

$$$? Response
Happy Demon: For the Skinless Ones, I found it's under budget even as a Tier 0 race if that helps

Stirk: Henrietta Halftrack: Looks about right

micelus:
        Minor Hindrances are -1 and Major Hindrances are -2, yes
        Caste 3 probably ends up something like Immobile aka Very Slow aka Speed-2 (-2), Leadership+5 (5), Smarts+2 (3), Vigor-1? (-2), Squishy aka Protection-2 (-2), Defense-2 (-2), Anemic (-1)
        Taken as an aggregate, I assume the Humans breed enough not to die out, thus making individual infertile/fertile tags unnecessary.)

Dutrius:
        Ethereal: Would the Phasing flavor of Burrowing/Wall Walking/Phasing/&c. <2> possibly combined with Dodging <3> and/or Defense <2 or 3> work well enough?
        The Amilyd seem to have two unused points on Tier 2 (i.e. they work perfectly with a Tier 1 price)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2016, 04:04:49 am »

Ooh ok. Also, if I take negative traits, I reduce the tier, yes? The Tome says that the tiers are dependent on how many points are spent but if I just pile on negative traits I can make things that could be extremely op in a few narrow situations. This is working as intended, yes?

The Secret History of Humanity: Excerpts

Spoiler:  The Three Castes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Horses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hounds (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Throat-Singing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Necromancy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tribal Culture (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 07:59:00 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2016, 06:51:11 am »

Dutrius:
        Ethereal: Would the Phasing flavor of Burrowing/Wall Walking/Phasing/&c. <2> possibly combined with Dodging <3> and/or Defense <2 or 3> work well enough?
        The Amilyd seem to have two unused points on Tier 2 (i.e. they work perfectly with a Tier 1 price)

Ethereal: Yes, that sounds good.

Amilyd: Huh, so I do. Adjusting.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2016, 09:06:57 am »

Oh right, Tier 0 has 2 points. Well, I'll just take the extra cost then. Chalk it up to Hevin not being particularly skilled at creation.
Besides, 1E per unit isn't all that expensive.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2016, 01:24:57 pm »

Spoiler: Have a god (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 01:36:02 pm by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2016, 02:20:04 pm »

Ooh ok. Also, if I take negative traits, I reduce the tier, yes? The Tome says that the tiers are dependent on how many points are spent but if I just pile on negative traits I can make things that could be extremely op in a few narrow situations. This is working as intended, yes?

Spoiler:  Humans Revised (click to show/hide)

Curious is classified as a "Hindrance", meaning it is -2 points instead of +2.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2016, 04:44:53 pm »

Spoiler: Have a god (click to show/hide)
Depravity as a sphere was banned back in YG1.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2016, 05:18:07 pm »

Changed.
Spoiler: have a god (click to show/hide)
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2016, 05:46:29 pm »

We had a creepy goddess of pain once, anyone remember? I don't think she did much, but it's hard to tell when the most important actions and conflicts of YG1 were all secret.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2016, 06:01:44 pm »

We had a creepy goddess of pain once, anyone remember? I don't think she did much, but it's hard to tell when the most important actions and conflicts of YG1 were all secret.

Wasn't that torture, rather than pain?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2016, 06:05:49 pm »

Spoiler: A Certain Cat: (click to show/hide)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 11, 2016, 06:08:57 pm »

Wasn't that torture, rather than pain?
Probably.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2016, 06:38:22 pm »

Yes we did have a Goddess of Torture/Pain. She was actually fairly nice.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 71