Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72444 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2016, 07:18:50 pm »

The balance between artifacts and agents seems woefully unbalanced. To be specific, artifacts cost significantly more than an agent (both in Essence and Actions) with similar effects.
For example, a magic item that allows for "great regeneration" costs 6.25E and requires 8A - more actions than any individual god has access to. In comparison, an agent with Resurrective costs (9E per Tier-4 unit/100)= 0.09E and 2A. Why would I want to give one being access to a form of recuperation that doesn't protect from death, costs quadruple the amount of Actions, and has 69 times the Essence cost?

One of the 31E artifacts kills souls. In YG2, [Eats Souls] could be applied to anything and was only saddled with a x2 multiplier. Why the massive change?

In YG2, I price checked being able to invent lightsabers (only plasmamancy masters could make them) and you said it would cost 2E to do so. Has that changed under the new system?

EDIT:
$$$
Price check on inventing plasmamantic focusing crystals, only producable by plasmamancy masters. Basically trying to invent magic staves, lightsabers, etc.
$$$Response
Andres:
Inventing plasmamantic focusing crystals: 2E

EDIT2: What's your policy on expies?

EDIT3:
Internally, they are classified by their mechanisms of action into a weird multi-dimensional shape mathematicians probably have a name for.
It's called a matrix. I'm surprised you didn't know what it was called because I found out from my programming course. ._.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 07:45:51 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2016, 07:47:56 pm »

1. A matrix isn't a shape. Well, it's a rectangle, but it's not the name of the shape.
2. I reserve the right to destroy Andre's humans or expies in the cradle.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2016, 07:50:31 pm »

1. A matrix isn't a shape. Well, it's a rectangle, but it's not the name of the shape.
Agreed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2016, 07:58:59 pm »

I don't know, the way he's talking about a multi-dimensional organisation of information certainly sounds like a matrix to me.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 08:03:31 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2016, 07:59:45 pm »

Well, unless the generic name for a six-dimensional topography is a matrix...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2016, 08:04:47 pm »

Not just for six dimensions. Anything beyond a single dimensional array (or list) is classified as a matrix.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2016, 08:05:37 pm »

Not just for six dimensions. Anything beyond a single dimensional array (or list) is classified as a matrix.
In what?
Sigtext

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2016, 08:07:27 pm »

In what?
In what what?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2016, 08:12:56 pm »

In what?
In what what?
In what field, system, or otherwise?
Sigtext

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2016, 08:14:01 pm »

In what?
In what what?
In what field, system, or otherwise?
Programming. We were learning C# (a programming language) at the time.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2016, 08:16:44 pm »

Exactly, that's not how topography/math would call it.
Programming != Math.
Sigtext

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2016, 08:28:26 pm »

Oh! That reminds me of a thing I was going to ask about back in the days of Ye Gods 2!

KJP, how the actual hell did you get the numbers for calculating magical affinity? This is what I managed to decode with my mother:
1.2   6/5
1.4   7/5
2      10/5
3.2    16/5
5.8    29/5
12     60/5

DIVIDED BY 5!!! That is so COMPLETELY UNFAIR!! To this day I still don't know how she managed to figure out that you got the multipliers by dividing a few integers by 5. The question that remains is how did you get those base integers in the first place? What pattern do they follow?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2016, 09:06:10 pm »

Um.

Andres.

They're rounded. to the nearest fifth. Or so. Probably rounded more heavily at higher intervals, such as 12.
(((((1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6
(((((1.2*1)*1.2)*1.4)*1.6)*1.8)*~2
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2016, 09:27:59 pm »

A few rounds of fighting in the YG2 system have been determined! What a thorny experience! How fortunate that YGL is set to use a tested combat system instead

Spoiler: Vgray (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ama (click to show/hide)
Added

micelus: Confirming that while I don't particularly care one way or the other here, other players see things named "humans" as common property. I would even wager that you could make them giant three-legged birds and still end up with constant intrusions.

TheBiggerFish: A talk-only IC could be up tonight, but a functioning one will have to wait a little bit

Andres:
    Clarifying high-AP actions: "Actions that require lots of action points can be done over the course of multiple Ticks and even intermittently where it would make sense or split among multiple players or some arbitrary but sane combination of the two."
    Agent costs: The formatting was messed up and may have contributed to this, but an agent costs 1E, 4E, 9E, 16E, or 25E depending on the starting experience. Spending 6.25E+8A to greatly extend the lifespan of an expensive agent seems to be reasonable (not to mention the ability to take the artifact back for personal godly use in emergencies)
    Soul-harming, [Eats Souls]: It got a bit out of control, and I judge it to have been too cheap for what it did (i.e. easy permakilling of named characters).
    Inventions: Yes. Added a cost entry: "1A: Inventing something within one technological level of the target and introducing it to the
 target" (Assuming no changes in global TL, you can probably frame them as something along the lines of a lightning-bladed sword after some magic has appeared. Speaking of which, there will be some detail on starting up magic.)
    Expies: 1.) Try making stuff that fits the setting (not that there's much of it yet) and 2.) Don't borrow from litigious folk. :P
    Matrices: It would probably be a matrix if it was related to an n-orthotope, but it's gotten a bit less...orthogonal since YG2. I get the impression that it's probably related to some higher-dimensional analog of the friendly trigonal bipyramid, but IANA{G|T|M}.
    YG2 magical affinity: I've forgotten what I did with that.
Spoiler: Let's find out! (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2016, 09:36:29 pm »

Am I correct in thinking you need the (requirements) to add to the cost? For example, to get Resurrective you would actually need 6+5 (Harder to Kill)+2(Hard to Kill)=13? If not, what do the (requirements) mean?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 71