Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Arms Race - 1784: British Loyalist Design Phase  (Read 12078 times)

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race - 1783: British Loyalist Focus Phase
« Reply #211 on: January 14, 2016, 09:23:46 am »

The war cabinet have their orders. A blockade will be enacted and an invasion fleet prepped. Destination: the coast halfway between Montgomery and New Dunwich.

Begin Future Planning

Do not forget about the Americans and the British. The American submission may be made here,  but please submit the the your trade good in the International thread. If it's already in there,  please quote it,  because I can't remember who did and who did not make submissions already.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 14, 2016, 09:29:34 am »

Alright, to the americans I propose we submit the London-class to them. A bit of talking up it's capabilities, and with it's current reputation in beating back far more numerous and well-armed ships should make it a cinch (Doubly so given it's cost)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 14, 2016, 09:37:50 am »

Alright, to the americans I propose we submit the London-class to them. A bit of talking up it's capabilities, and with it's current reputation in beating back far more numerous and well-armed ships should make it a cinch (Doubly so given it's cost)
Seconded.

Do not forget about the Americans and the British. The American submission may be made here,  but please submit the the your trade good in the International thread. If it's already in there,  please quote it,  because I can't remember who did and who did not make submissions already.
Just submitted it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 14, 2016, 09:40:28 am »

Good for me.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race - 1783: British Loyalist Future Planning Phase
« Reply #215 on: January 14, 2016, 10:58:27 am »

I support that wholeheartedly.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 14, 2016, 11:46:26 am »

I am not convinced about helping those uppity colonials who claim indepedence from the british crown.

But if the consensus is on selling a ship, the London is the best we have.
But insist they keep the name, to remember who rules the sea.

edit: so, next turn we go for a rifled 6 pound. If it succeeds on the first try, what do we do with the revision? if we can fit ammunition there maybe we can get an upgrade to cannons/howitzers. Or we can get our good rifles cheap.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:59:35 am by andrea »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 14, 2016, 12:34:55 pm »

Hey, they could always come back to us.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 14, 2016, 08:34:06 pm »

Yes, rifled 6 pounder seems like the thing to do, unless we want to go for a steamship.

To wit:

Imperial 6-pounder, Rifled: Cast using new hollow-casting techniques that allow the cannon to cool inwards to create compression instead of outwards tension, this rifled cannon can withstand much higher gunpowder charges to fire shot further while still being able to fire shell rounds.

Brittania class Steam Frigate:A new, 200ftx100ft steamship that utilizes an Archimedes Screw(1 full twist) and rudder system instead of paddlewheels for propulsion( though failing that, paddlewheels work as a backup). It is armed with 1 contiguous gundeck consisting of 28 6-pounder guns(14 in each broadside) as well as 2 6-pounder chasers. the coal bunkers are designed to provide some amount of extra protection to the boilers from the side.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 25, 2016, 07:42:39 pm »

Greetings Engineers.

You have been quite successful this year, however the Confederates were able to slip through the blockade with annoying reliability. In order to close the noose, you must be able to match their speed a least.

Our spies were unable to recover any documents.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race - 1784: British Loyalist Design Phase
« Reply #220 on: January 25, 2016, 08:31:15 pm »

For our revision, I am thinking a carbine variant of the rifle. I vote we improve our artillery for this year, Tryrar's rifled lber seems like a good plan.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 25, 2016, 08:37:03 pm »

Revision-wise I'd suggest making our London-class faster. If any more of those fuckers slip past our blockade I swear I'm going to do the unthinkable.

Imperial 6-pounder, Rifled: Cast using new hollow-casting techniques that allow the cannon to cool inwards to create compression instead of outwards tension, this rifled cannon can withstand much higher gunpowder charges to fire shot further while still being able to fire shell rounds.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 25, 2016, 09:04:12 pm »

indeed, we must improve our artillery. the situation with cavalry is despicable and so is the blockade running. However, I feel we are at danger of losing our control of the sea, if we don't improve our navy soon.

+1 to artillery

copper plating and perhaps a few new sails seem good as a revision to make our sloop more competitive. ALthough, perhaps we should use the jaeger for such tasks?

edit: with the american ore, gunships go cheap, I think some artillery goes cheap as well ( our 6lb are marked to use 2 ore? howitzer should still be cheapened with their 3 ore cost). the london class will go from very expensive to expensive.
However, a 4th ore will do little. If instead we decide to produce wood with our steam engine ( think sawmill), the jaeger becomes cheap. We could then change our production later if we design heavier artillery which requires more ore. Although, I think copper plating might increase ore cost.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:14:42 pm by andrea »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 25, 2016, 09:09:26 pm »

In an effort to gain support for a carbine version of the rifle, it may further increase the techs used in it, cheapening the rifle, and we can issue it to calvary then.
Highly Opinionated Fool

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 25, 2016, 09:18:06 pm »

and will it that be enough to counter a second production focus, which can even be stored for later use by the looks of it?
I like the carabine proposal, and the sooner we get our mod AA cheap, the better. But right now, we must stop their unrightful appropriation of british bullion.

by the way, do we all agree on spending our focus on building a fort to protect the beachhead?
also, I laugh at dunwich's fortress on the peninsula.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17