Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team Two: A Life for a Life.  (Read 39218 times)

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
Re: Omega Legion Team Two: Angry mobs.
« Reply #210 on: January 31, 2016, 08:42:36 am »

==Durmokh Dumrhysson==

A dismayed voice calls out "The offering!"

Hmmm? What? Oh. Oh.... Sorry, sorry.

Hurriedly stop eating.

"Uh, hmm. My original plan was to get shovels and carts and haul the goop out to the mine. they have a shaft that has been exhausted. We could bury the goop there. I'm sure it will become inert within a couple years. Edmunson was to wait at the shore and direct you to the carts when you arrived. Last night we were discussing an alternative though? Let's see ... something about quicksilver? Exhemer's Dividing! We would need lots of copper and a catalyst, as well as the quicksilver in my lab."

Also soap.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2016, 10:56:42 am »

"This one will try to get the quicksilver in your lab. This one wishes to stress that you should stay nearby and within shouting range of this one or one of his companions at all times."

Time to go play goop explorer and get to this guy's lab. Ask him for directions and then start going there.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 01, 2016, 07:57:15 pm »

continue to monitor the gathering of probably hostile townsfolk, listen for any new information or if they manage to organize for anything, and make note of roughly how much of the town is there, and if they're just dispersing on their own or the crowd is growing.
A smallish, familiar looking figure approaches the little stage. You feel as if you have seen this one before.
"If I may?"
"What is it, go ahead?"
"I believe we do not actually have invaders, but rather guests. We've been expecting a contingent from Omega legion for some time now. I waited at the docks for them, but they did not show at the designated location. But, I believe I encountered a couple of the creatures everyone is talking about. I was taken by surprise by how odd they were. I was expecting more ... you know, normal people."
"Omega Legion? Damn it all. Did they have that weird tattoo?"
"I believe they did."
"Well, that's just dandy. Alright people settle down again, settle! For Baldar's Belly! Now listen. They may not be harmless, but it looks like this group was expected. They are supposed to be helping. And you lot chased them off. Good on you. Everyone go home. Go home! We'll get to the bottom of this. I'll send a boy around to let you know. Just, if you see someone from out of town with a big black tattoo of a horseshoe, just send them my way."

With that, the crowd starts to disperse, muttering. Several men of the village remain behind at the leader's bidding. he basically breaks them into two sets of three to go through the town looking for Omegas, to get tehm pointed in the right direction and tooled up. And to keep an eye on any they find. You note that they are armed with cudgels and short swords.

It warms up a bit. still early morning and you are still sluggish, but you could move about fairly normally. It might be a good time to practice with your new senses - get familiar with how you see, as it were.
Do that I guess.
You start to get an understanding of the elemental nature of the world around you. Ground registers as Stone or as Mass, trees register as mass, but also as living, Wood essence. Animals have a sort of ethereal fire to them and are a complex mixture of elements, the sun beats down on you with a strong, steady Energy - an everpresent supply of Fire. And then you look into the Sky. it isn't a simple dome at all.The sense of distances and size hits you like you were falling into the ocean, only more so. You stand transfixed, mind soaring out until even the solid reality of the Grond beneath you is a small speck in the Vastness.

==Durmokh Dumrhysson==

A dismayed voice calls out "The offering!"

Hmmm? What? Oh. Oh.... Sorry, sorry.

Hurriedly stop eating.

"Uh, hmm. My original plan was to get shovels and carts and haul the goop out to the mine. they have a shaft that has been exhausted. We could bury the goop there. I'm sure it will become inert within a couple years. Edmunson was to wait at the shore and direct you to the carts when you arrived. Last night we were discussing an alternative though? Let's see ... something about quicksilver? Exhemer's Dividing! We would need lots of copper and a catalyst, as well as the quicksilver in my lab."

Also soap.
The priest: "Ah, oh. it's ruined. Oh, I'm sorry. I should have set out some bread for this morning. You may as well finish, but come, would you help me set out another offering? We'll need to consecrate it. Wouldn't want to offend any gods, would we?"

The Alchemist: "Soap? What are you talking about? What does soap have to do with Exhem ... may I ask ... what is that odd lump of metal? Where did it come from? Why is it ... twitching?

"This one will try to get the quicksilver in your lab. This one wishes to stress that you should stay nearby and within shouting range of this one or one of his companions at all times."

Time to go play goop explorer and get to this guy's lab. Ask him for directions and then start going there.
"Hmm? Okay, sure. lab's the one with teh silo leaning on it." The Alchemist gestures at the wall in the vague direction of the toxic waste, attention arrested by the heap that was Reggie.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 01, 2016, 08:03:57 pm »

((Verifying: Aylia, being the only true volunteer Omega, does not have the omega brand, correct? Though I wouldn't be surprised if it's on her collar.))

((It matters both for my mental image of her, and for how she handles the current situation. I'm hoping she isn't branded.))
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 08:13:59 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 01, 2016, 08:05:35 pm »

Get closer to the village. Look at it's inhabitants (while staying out of sight) and see if there's anything different about individuals.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 01, 2016, 08:30:04 pm »

((Verifying: Aylia, being the only true volunteer Omega, does not have the omega brand, correct? Though I wouldn't be surprised if it's on her collar.))

((It matters both for my mental image of her, and for how she handles the current situation. I'm hoping she isn't branded.))
She is not. Volunteers take an Oath, but are not Branded. the oath is not visible except by means that detect magical contracts.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 01, 2016, 08:34:01 pm »

((Wait so reggie would have a mark or not?))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 01, 2016, 08:44:04 pm »

Ah ... oops. No He doesn't have the Brand. Sorry. Retcon any Brand related stuff out. Reggie was a volunteer too.

There are two seperate things here: The Brand and the Mark. the Brand is the omega Symbol, Very visible, stylized, and is given to those who involuntarily join.
The Mark is an invisible magical contract initiated by the Oath that volunteers take. So Reggie has a Mark, but it is not visible. There is a coin associated with the Mark (a symbol of pay).
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 09:22:41 pm by Ozarck »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 01, 2016, 08:46:10 pm »

((Branded, he was put in the legion for murder. The guards let him "volunteer" so that he would go quietly, but they still did their job and had the murderer flagged as such in his application. At least, that's what I read his background as.))
PPE:
((Well, I stand corrected. I guess I didn't remember his backstory correctly.))

I climb down and edge my way towards the leader, following him and seeing if he goes anywhere alone, as well as listening in to his conversation with his lieutenants.
If he ends up traveling with a group, then I trail his group and watch where it goes.
If he sends the last group away to search without him, isolating himself, then I wait for him to be alone and then move up to him and meow, giving him a pleading look and acting cutesy. I'm hoping that he'll treat me like a lost pet, and let me stay near him - and where I can hear what he has planned for us.

I also really don't want to be touching the sludge or even breathing that poison's fumes, I honestly believe that it would hurt or kill me really really quickly.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 01, 2016, 08:53:12 pm »

((Yeah they said they would deport him unless he voulnteered so yeah he volunteered and honestly his mother killing her would most likely be seen as a service with what shes done so they probably wouldn't have branded him?))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 01, 2016, 08:56:24 pm »

((Yeah they said they would deport him unless he voulnteered so yeah he volunteered and honestly his mother killing her would most likely be seen as a service with what shes done so they probably wouldn't have branded him?))
wait, it was either join or deport? No, you have the brand then. this wasn't voluntary. Also, it would have been join or be tested on and destroyed. They don't deport Constructs. They use or break them. I mean, where would he be deported to? The Island of Misfit Toys?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 01, 2016, 08:58:39 pm »

((Yeah that's just what they told him they tottaly would have tried to experiment on him if he dident join so they were blatantly lying.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 01, 2016, 10:42:21 pm »

=="Terrence", Team II==

Its gut unsatisfied but its mind resolved to no breakfast, Terrence scuttles tentatively towards town, scanning for any of its fellow Legionnaires.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 03, 2016, 09:25:06 pm »

Get closer to the village. Look at it's inhabitants (while staying out of sight) and see if there's anything different about individuals.
(1) you are stuck staring into space, man Snek. Space is big. Bigger than your brain can grasp, and you are having a hard time finding yourself, let alone finding the village.

((Branded, he was put in the legion for murder. The guards let him "volunteer" so that he would go quietly, but they still did their job and had the murderer flagged as such in his application. At least, that's what I read his background as.))
PPE:
((Well, I stand corrected. I guess I didn't remember his backstory correctly.))

I climb down and edge my way towards the leader, following him and seeing if he goes anywhere alone, as well as listening in to his conversation with his lieutenants.
If he ends up traveling with a group, then I trail his group and watch where it goes.
If he sends the last group away to search without him, isolating himself, then I wait for him to be alone and then move up to him and meow, giving him a pleading look and acting cutesy. I'm hoping that he'll treat me like a lost pet, and let me stay near him - and where I can hear what he has planned for us.

I also really don't want to be touching the sludge or even breathing that poison's fumes, I honestly believe that it would hurt or kill me really really quickly.
((you were right about Reggie. He has the brand. I did a quick scan of his background and didn't remember that his "volunteering" was not voluntary.))
The leader guy - you remember hearing him called Gavin - sends the groups out, and stands chatting briefly with the guy you saw on the shore - the one that threw a bucket at Terrance. After a bit, the guy who threw the bucket heads to the shore to fish and wait for any representatives of Omega to show up there. You meow and Gavin glances at you, then ignores you. He sits on a stool, leans against a wall, and opens a sack, pulling out a crust of bread and a lump of cheese, and begins eating.

So you head out of hte shrine and make your way to the goop. The sludge is much as it was yesterday, though the pink bubbles have settled and are massed about thigh deep around the area that the soap landed in. the bubbles that touch the gop pop and dissolve, except if they land in the blackened sludge left after the soap hit. those bubbles remain, but deflate very slowly. There is a good ten foot circle of inert sludge from where Durmokh tossed the soap into. You wade in, heading for the building that the silo leans against. the door is open and you wade on in. A table in the center of the room has tilted , spilling it's contents into the sludge and leaving one corner above the surface. A birdcage hanging from the ceiling has apile of bodies and feathers in it. there are shelfs along the wall. they appear to have been mounted directly to the walls, as none have fallen. the ceiling along one side has crushed down about four feet, making that side difficult to navigate for your bulk. You would have to squat really low, and only your head would fit between the sludge and the ceiling.

=="Terrence", Team II==

Its gut unsatisfied but its mind resolved to no breakfast, Terrence scuttles tentatively towards town, scanning for any of its fellow Legionnaires.
You head in toward town, and stumble upon Ssslavina, staring blankly at the sky.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 03, 2016, 09:29:07 pm »

I walk a little closer - though staying out of kicking range - and meow again, staring up at Gavin.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30